“For cash paid well worth it ...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Seren Apartments Hotel
Reviewed July 15, 2012

only if you get the right room.

On arrival we were given key to 404 attic room on top floor, sloping ceilings not good for 3 tallish people, 2 foot wide balcony 10 foot long with cracking view of farm area out back & accomping smell & cockrel that does not know when morning is all day & night he crows.
Room was unbareably hot we purchased air con £25 a week it was totally useless in this room, I asked reception for a move but only the basement rooms were available I had been informed they were worse so we stopped in 404.
On speaking to an Irish couple they said they were vacating room 308 on monday lunch time, I asked Delara on reception if we could move to this room & she said no problem and asked us to have our bags ready to move on the monday & they would move everything whilst we were at the jeep safari, on returning we got the key for 308 & what a difference or air con had been moved but you don't really need it in this room, but we were well pleased & enjoyed the rest of our stay and would stay again but only if we got 307,308,300.
The bar area is ok Alex (barman) does not speak much english but is a nice lad, Bulent (Coco) is usually a bit of a misery, Seref is a good guy & likes a laugh.
Delara the receptionist is lovely & is always smiling.
Cleaners are in everyday.
Pool is a good size which is unusual for Marmaris but is 2.2 meters deep all around has a small baby pool attached, sun is on the pool all day,no probs getting a sunbed, it has a pool table but some of the music at poolside is rank rotten I think coco gets a bit of pleasure out of playing rubbish music. No tv at pool bar , only ate snacks burgers,chips...ect at pool bar.
the location is ok the beach is a 10 minute walk, bars restaurants & shops are 2 min walk, we got the best exchange rate at a supermarket just across from Club Cettia apartments 2.80tl - £1 also a great place called Starbux where you can get great breakfast for 5tl & has a small childrens play park also has wii & playstation 3 free aswell as all the usual sky sports on tv.

I would say too anyone booking any SC in Turkey look at the price you are paying for your stay & then ask yourself how can the apartments make any money. and what I usually find is if you give them a turn at the bar then you can bring some stuff into the pool area.

I hope this helps someone.

Room Tip: I would try and request 308,307,300 these are the only rooms I would return too, on no account would...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor about this hotel I didn't know what to expect but I'm glad I didn't let them put me off because I and the other three girls who came away had a great time here, I must admit I agree on some of the comments made, we had a attic room and the air con in it wasn't that great but did its job. the barstaff there were excellent and couldn't do enough for us especially coco he was lovely. The hotel is around a 15min walk from the beach and in a taxi 5mins at a charge of 10lira. The only thing that was a problem with the hotel in my oppinion was if you wanted food at nighttime because its all cooked from a sister hotel it takes ages to be delivered we were waiting a hour so prob best to eat out, as a whole though I'd say great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

On arrival at these apartments, we were greeted by the stench of a pig farm and a cockerel that made noise everyday for 21 days morning till evening which was also followed by chickens, goats, cows and cats fighting. After we had checked in and realised there were no lifts up to the top floor, an old man dragged our suitcases up the stairs and showed us to our room. The room was an attic room and very very hot so we paid for air con which just circulated even more warm air so eventually had to leave windows and doors open everyday to gain some sort of breeze. The first few days, all the staff were friendly and made conversation with us. The pool was crap and 2m deep all around so you could not touch the floor. The dining area was not shaded and we had to drag umbrellas to the seats in order to have shade whilst we were eating. There were also around 3 tables so you more or less had to queue up and wait until someone left the table in order for you to eat. After a few days, we visited friends from a hotel we stayed at last year and they offered us a free room so we moved out of seren for a few days. When the staff noticed that we were not spending time or money in the apartments- that was it they did not want to know us. Maids were in everyday so cannot fault that but the shower had a crap curtain which made the bathroom flood everytime the shower was used. The balcony was more like a walkway and the rooms were very small and cramped. On the last night, I took a friend back to the hotel with me and the old man who worked there shouted in turkish, raised his hand and made hissing noises which was very weird, I did at one point think he would charge me. On the last day we checked out well in advance and left our suitcases at a nearby restaurant where we had made lots of friends. None of the staff at seren even said goodbye or told us anything about transfers so we just left with our holiday tickets with the time of the transfer pick up on. We arrived back at the hotel later that night (45mins early) for the transfer and the old man told us "lady transfer gone". After being very panicked we asked if there was anyway we could contact anybody and what we should do and the old man walked away and sat down. We could not believe how rude and obnoxious this man was, and not only did he have all our details he did not ring to say the transfer had come early. I would not stay in this hotel again if someone paid me. Staff cannot speak english, the pool is crap and the rooms are cramped and hot. The staff are after money only and do not help in anyway. The whole hotel looks like it is on a farm track and needs knocking down!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not get an attic room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nataliecol
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hi, Just thought id write a review for 1st time after reading other reviews on this little gem. Iv been travelling to turkey since 1990 in different resorts and hotels at different prices and can honestly say this is by far high on my list for the price paid here. I stayed for 4 weeks end of may through to 22nd june and couldnt fault anything. I was made so welcome by Dilara (new woman manager as reviewed below) and cannot understand how people can complain about her, she works from 8am til 8pm and always had a smile and pleasant conversation every time i seen her, and i can also say she bent over backwards to help with any querries i had. Coco (barman), sharife (nightman) and maids also very friendly and helpful and i would like to take this opportunity to thank you all so much for making my stay so pleasant and hopefully i will be back to stay again soon so please dont change anything other than a little entertainment which i think coco was already working on.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

this was our first time in Turkey last week and we booked into the Seren apartments,the rooms are basic but very clean,just what you need a place to sleep and cook ,the pool area is cleaned twice a day with fresh water.the staff are all very kind and friendly and will assist you in anyway way they can,Coco the bar man is always on hand to serve you drinks by the pool with a smile and a chat ( his English is getting by the day ).we had a excellent relaxing holiday with the town centre not too far away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank smudger173
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and i went to Turkey for the first time last week and had booked into the Seren, we did have some concerns having read some of the reviews from the past however the holiday was fantastic.

Everyone at the hotel were very friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us.The rooms are basic but they are a good size and clean. the bar is very friendly and the barman Coco is a great guy.

The pool is a good size and always clean, i would have no problem recommending this holiday to anyone and we intend to go back next year, the temperatures were in the region of 39 - 42 degrees for the week we were there.

The apartments are in an ideal location if you want the choice of getting away from the nightlife but also close enough so that you can get to the bars and restaurants in minutes.

The Apartments were approx 2 minutes walk from the nearest restaurant, and only 20 minutes walk from the beach, maybe 30 minutes to the harbour.

The rep at the hotel fixed us up with some great excursions and i would recommend anyone to have a Turkish bath and to go on the boat trip to turtle beach.

Delighted with our time there and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lee b
Reviewed May 31, 2012

ive never wrote a review on a good or bad holiday before but could not believe how i woman manager can change atmosphere of a lovely little basic cheap nd cheerful selfcatering holiday. i was there 2 days when this new lady manager came and atmosphere totally changed amongst everyone, signs went up to say guest could not eat or drink around the pool unless it was consumed from themselves and she constantly sat by bar watching everything , our pick up was 4 hours after checkout and we were tols bags would have to be left either by reception or by pool table or pay extra £20 to keep room for 4 hours which seemed alot considering i had payed less than 30 for 10days, then after checkout we payed to play pool and bought bottled water off her when after two hour i need the toilet i was reluctant to ask as thought i would be refused and that i was, she said no i could not believe this staff on site are friendly and cleaners too they said there is a toilet i could of used and could not believe i was refused to use it, considering ive always raved about this place i can not believe how this woman apparently a friend of the owners daughter has changed such a nice holiday

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Karen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Marmaris Park Hotel
#10 of 77 in Icmeler
Joya Del Mar Boutique Hotel
TUI SENSIMAR Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Marmaris 8 oda Boutique Homes

Been to Seren Apartments Hotel? Share your experiences!