“Thank you Alkan!”
Review of Hotel Alkan

Hotel Alkan
Ranked #59 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had a great stay at the Alkan. We booked in after walking out of the disgusting Club Dena 25 minutes after arriving. The manager and staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful showing us a few rooms and offering us another the next day if that didn't suit. Rooms were very big and well maintained and like a proper hotel. Lovely poolside and easy to get a sunbed all day.
Very centrally situated. Will definitely stay again and worth paying a bit more.

Room Tip: Poolside would be great but if on main road get higher up to avoid road noise. If you can get a corn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank robrob20

Reviewed June 29, 2012

First time we have stayed here. It is in a great loaction a couple of minutes walk to the beach, supermarkets nearby.
Staff all very friendly and helpful, they all gave my girls alot of attention, which my girls loved.
Pool area was lovely, well maintained, sun most of the day til about 5ish.
My only moan would be that the although it was a plus that the air conditioning was free it was not very powerful at all and really didnt make that much difference to the room at all unless you was stood right underneath it.
Storage.... not one for living out of my case, especially with my 2 kiddies. For the 4 of us there was only 1 wardrobe! maybe not a big problem for alot of people but found it a little frustrating having to rummage through my case everytime we wanted to get dressed!
I would also recommend that you request a room to the back of the hotel as we was at the front and the road is busy all night and there is a little bit of noise.
But overall i was very happy with the hotel in general and would reccommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jodieas
Reviewed June 19, 2012

A big thanks to all the staff who made our week highly enjoyable.they all work long hours and are always courteous polite.My one and only criticism would be the noisy traffic.Try get a room with a pool view to avoid

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank LeedsStew47
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was here for 10 days arriving on the early hours of May 24th 2012. I visit Marmaris about 4 times a year and have stayed in many 3 * hotels, this by far the most superior I have stayed in. The room was large clean and spacious, the pool was immaculate the staff were fabulous. I would highly recommend this hotel as its location is spot on few mins walk to the beach and shops and bars. The only negative point I have is my room was facing the main road and as a light sleeper my sleep was disturbed by this. This would have probably happened in any Hotel as I travel alone. The bathroom was amazing with a jaccuzi type shower not only was there the overhead shower but jets to massage your body whilst showering. The price is as cheap as chips but the standard of the Hotel is far from cheap. I highly recommend it and will come back time after time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank MissCrusoe
Reviewed June 5, 2012

we have stayed here twice now and couldnt fault anything about it, the location is excellent the staff cannot do enough to help you, the rooms are lovely and very clean will be back in spetember

2  Thank peasebay
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am only reveiwing the restaurant, NOT the hotel as we did not stay there but we visited the restaurant many times. This restaurant is part of the Alkan Hotel on the main road and is recently under new management. It is run by Stevie and a fantastic team of bar staff who provide night time entertainment. The food is great, and this restaurant is great for families, couples and group holidays. We ordered fresh calamari, garlic mushrooms and a shish kebab which was lovely! Portion size was also great. We came to Turkey as a couple and this also became our regular night spot. Cocktails, fish bowls and other alcoholic drinks are really good value for money and you get proper measures of alcohol! (i recommend the honey moon special cocktail) They also offer non alcoholic cocktails which are just as nice. There is a good range of music and all of the staff are really friendly which is nice compared to some people in the busier part of marmaris. Even if you are all inclusive (which we were) you will find something youu need out of the hotel such as breakfast. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting marmaris, we will certainly visit mezza when we come to turkey next!

1  Thank Zoe A
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The hotel has always been very good and thıs year ıs just as good
The mezza ıs now under new managment and ım pleased to say much better
If you have been put off before try ıt agaın you wıll be pleasntly surprıssed

1  Thank markw07867