“Amazing holiday! Great hotel, do not be put off by bad reviews!!”
Review of Ideal Pearl Hotel

Ideal Pearl Hotel
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Amazing holiday! Great hotel, do not be put off by bad reviews!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I returned yesterday (16 June) from a week at ideal pearl & was a bit hesitant as I had read reviews and it was very cheap when we booked it via Thomas cook - we were blown away all week!

The staff at ideal pearl are all fabulous - lovely lady behind reception could not be more helpful, Naseem the waiter constantly joked and laughed with us and the staff always smiled, greeted good morning and looked after us.
The food is good - I am a very fussy eater and I do not eat meat when abroad however every day plentiful amounts of food were available and lots of choice - we did go out for dinner once to a place called 3 brothers along the beach front which I would highly reccomend also!

Ali from the spa - what.a.man! Ali came to us on day one when we were laying aroud the pool and I was instantly put off by him selling while I was relaxing - boy did I change my mind! He sold us a "supreme package" for his Buddha spa located in the hotel with Turkish bath, face mask, aromatherapy - it was so good we booked a second package for the last day with a bronzing massage and it was amazing! Honestly it will be the best £30 you spend. Ali came to us everyday and we would all chat for ages, one of the best people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

There is a market outside the hotel - Artasian street - it is wonderful but haggle well! There is a guy called Leo with very curly hair whom we also made friends with - he is cheap enough so we didnt haggle and the products are great!

I read a review about young girls on here going and wanting to party - yes the hotel is perfectly located away from bars and clubs but it's about a 10-15 minutes walk south to lovely bars or costs about 5lira to get to bar street! (About £1!!!) so that is very easy.

I could write way more about
this holiday and the week that was just going to turn into a pool holiday doing nothing became an active, relaxing, fun holiday! I would highly reccomend ideal pearl and it's surroundings are awesome - great vibe and great people.

The only one issue I actually have with the hotel is I found the management very rude & off putting - they are the least nice people we met all week and none of them made any service effort with lots of people however we got over this very quickly and had an AWESOME time!! :))

3 Thank Jasmine S
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff (reception and the bar) and also for the variety of food served within the restaurant. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future for you to enjoy another Spa experience. On behalf of the Ideal Team, I would like to thank you for choosing Ideal pearl for your holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
manchester
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I had never been to turkey before and didn't know what to expect! The hotel was really nice, one of the cleanest I have stayed in.. Although the cleaner we had didn't always bother to clean our room and took toilet rolls out when she did!! (I reported this to reception) .. She also pinched my headband!!! (i didn't report this as it was an old one anyway). We stayed on the top floor, so my boyfriend kept banging his head on the ceiling as it was very low.. It would be alright if he was 5ft! The tv was old and the only 2 channels we could get were sky movies with audio description, and E4 which wasn't bad.. But you had to have it quite loud due to the humming sound coming from the tv! The rest of the room was ok but very basic. I wish they had a big mirror, as the two we had were small. Downside to being near the lift is that no matter what floor someone got in, it bleeped outside our room, and bleeped for how many people got in as well which by the end of the week made me really angry as being 25 weeks pregnant I couldn't sleep and was shattered being woken up all the time. Had a Turkish bath on our 3rd day which was really good and defo worth the money. We also booked the last day package, so we had a massage whilst waiting around to be picked up. The food in the hotel on the 2nd week was very poor, and I noticed on 3 days that dinner and tea were exactly the same! Also when the chef was outside cooking on the grill, he was rushing to
Make sure everyone had some so 99.9% of the time it wasn't cooked so I went and ate out instead. Poolside snacks were the same thing every day, and were freezing cold! Breakfast was rubbish, so we went to the bar down the street for a full
English for £2.50. The waiters at the hotel were really nice, even one making me drink loads of water at tea time saying it was for the baby! That made me laugh. The pool area was always spotless, and the beds were very comfy. Not
Enough umbrellas though, and on 2 occasions 2 old men who weren't English came and took ours away! Evening entertainment wasn't the best, and we spent a fortune on bingo and never won!! Also the toilet that is near the restaurant needs sorting. It is disgusting and was always dirty, plus the door didn't lock, so I started going to the ones below reception! Didn't go to the beach as it wasn't nice.. Just full of stones. The Market near the hotel on a Tuesday is ok, but you get mithered ALOT, and they are quite rude! We got the dolmus to icmeler Market and found that one so much better. Overall the holiday was good, but I was definitely ready to go home by the beginning of the 2nd week, as there wasn't much to do for 2 23yr olds, 1 of whom couldn't drink!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sarah150319
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review poted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given whilst still in the resort giving us the opportunity to address any guest concerns rather than waiting until their return to the UK, this can be done via the 24 hour reception or with the resort rep who visits on a daily basis, concerns raised here regarding food and beverage, technical services and housekeeping are usually resolved to the guets satisfaction. ı would like to thank you however for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the pool area and of the staff. We wish you well on your forthcoming birth and would like to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Pearl for your holiday.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The rooms are basic but clean the hotel is spotless staff are very friendly and helpful breakfast was a bit of a let dwn but the other meals were great the little market outside is lovely and the people very nice to if you are going to eat out you must try the british corner restaurant opp the courts about 10 min walk frm the hotel ask for ritchie the staff are the best and will go out there way to help you

1 Thank Eddie T
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel, the friendliness of the staff and also the food served. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Ideal Pearl for your holiday.
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel for a relaxing time on the sun. The Staff are very friendly & welcoming. The choice of food is excellent, a varied selection of 6 - 8 hot dishes every meal. Speciality dishes served outside at the grill bar a great. Rooms are clean & comfortable, even the top floor attic rooms , we stayed in 517 on the top floor. We are really excited to be going again this week, flying from Edinburgh on 6th June. Looking forward to seeing the staff again , could we we have the same room again? It was nice & quiet, great for relaxing on the balcony before going down to dinner. This hotel is a pure
gem, we will be there early morning on Friday 6th June. Xx

1 Thank DCarmichael
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you had enjoyed your holiday with us previously and that you will be returning again this season, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff and also the variety of food served in the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Thank you for choosing Ideal Pearl for your holiday.
sussex
Reviewed May 28, 2013

where to start what a lovely hotel staff which can not do enough for you all i could find wrong was that the the door to outside bang all is needed is a simple catch to hold back in room 406
cleaness is so high and the food is very very good if you unable to find nothing you like or want then sorry your fussy people and as for the beer very cold and very nice its a nice hotel to go and relax in and made to feel very wellcum will be returning in may again next year well done all staff you are all a credit to the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SussexJoanne
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Hotel, its staff and facilities. I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the variety of food served in the Tiffany restaurant. I do hope that will be able to welcome you both again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Pearl for your holiday.
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been to this hotel 2 years in a row with around 20 family and friends all at once we always have a fantastic time, the staff are lovely and friendly and the rooms are really nice and clean, there is a good selection of food and drink available all day and it is only a five minute walk to the beautiful beach where they do really good boat trips for the day. I would recommend anybody to this hotel. It's only small but it means that there is more care and attention taken in to making everyone's holiday the best that it can be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Madisonlouise93
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have again enjoyed the Hotel and its hospitality from the rooms and also of the friendliness of the staff. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the 2013 season and would like to thank you, on behalf of the Ideal Team for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Pearl for your holiday.
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My girlfriend and i loved this hotel. We both work in the hospitality trade and like to go away and be treated how we feel we treat our customers in the hotels we work in. The location is great for anyone just wanting to go and relax however no good for them wanting to go clubbing every night due to the main "Bar Street" been a short taxi/bus journey away. The staff were great the food was great and the beer was cold! What more can you want!? would reccomend to anyone wanting to getaway from all the stresses of life and chill by a pool.

Room Tip: Our room 301 was a bit close to the lift so you could hear a slight ding when it opened/shut i would...