“This place is a joke! Don't go!”
Review of Ceylan Apart

Ceylan Apart
Ranked #81 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Marmaris was amazing but this apartment was a total joke! We arrived at 2am greeted by the security guy who took us up to the 4th floor (no lift) the stairs were so slippery! We were told we couldn't change room or get the air con, on as the receptionist is only available during the day! We had to sleep with the balcony door open which resulted in getting bitten like crazy by Mosquitos! We went to reception next day & complained about no air con & being on the 4th floor but the receptionist didn't care! We then decided to move the beds into the lounge area as the air con was there. The air con was a joke it leaked water all over my pillow & bed! It did get fixed but it was still not working properly & would go off spontaneously!

The bed linen & towels were filthy, they had so many stains & holes in them. They only give you fresh towels after 3days-which were stained again! The fridge was a disgrace was filthy, mouldy, leaking & froze everything we put in it including my medicine!

The staff were a bunch of greedy, arrogant perverts who were all over the women guests like a rash! We even heard one of the staff members calling a little girl bad names. Also they hassle you so much to eat at the restaurant & like the other reviews people wrote if you decline they ignore you & give you daggers! If you have decided to go as self catering basis then shouldn't you be allowed to eat & drink where you want?!

Honestly if you have children don't go here it will only spoil your holiday. I have never written a review, but I felt I should write one to warn other people.

We will definetly visit Marmaris again but not go this apartment!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Riz110
There are newer reviews for Ceylan Apart

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks stay at Ceylan apartments having stayed there last year we decided to stay have board basis the food was excellent plenty of it tried something different every night every meal was great .
The staff everyone of them could not do enough for you they all became our friends we did not want to leave.
Rooms were cleaned every day very big rooms great location can not fault this hotel
My mother and her friend are staying for 5 weeks all the staff treat them like one of there family making sure the have umbrellas daily moving them to make sure they are in shade my mother is 76 her friend is 84 the staff have arranged a birthday party for my mothers birthday when they found out I would never stay anywhere else having stayed at other hotels in marmaris I have found a home from home can't wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Liz G
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Good apartment. Nice pool area. Friendly staff. Quiet at night which is good so you can relax and get a gd sleep. Good for 2weeks. Love marmaris always go there. It's about 15 min walk to the beach and 35/40min walk to the marina and bar street. Local to shops and super markets to stock up. Would return.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank karenxhamid
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I Stayed here in the end of September 2013, on arriving at 2am at the "reception" which may i add is a little hut near the front gate! I was checked in and shown to my room. I was staying here alone as my family were staying in Cettia apartments but unfortunately i wasn't able to get booked in there, this was my first time travelling abroad on my own (im 18 btw) anyway the guy showed me to my room on the top floor in one of the attic rooms i gave him a 20TL tip and he left me at the door which looked like it has been booted in 10 times ! on inspecting the room further it came to my attention that the balcony door was wide open and it had no door handle on, this had also been ripped off and the door would not close or lock ! I went down to reception to report this but supprise supprise it was locked and no one was there to help me the hotel was like a ghost town! This then resulted in me sleeping my first night in a strange country with a front door that could easily be pulled open and a balcony door that wouldn't close and was banging every 5 minutes i slept about 30-45 mins of the whole night, I was terrified ! The next morning i went to reception and reported the fault and still it was locked i tried several times during the day and finally found someone and reported the problem. Later that night i returned to my room to find it unlocked, the guy who came to fix the balcony door had not locked my room after he left! he just left all my possessions in there to be taken! luckily nothing was taken. The cleaners that cam twice the whole week stole 40 cigs off the table, strangely they never touched the ipod on the bed though hmmm ? On my checkout I asked to keep the room on later and his response was there was no rooms available and if i had used the hotels bar maybe he could of sorted something ! pure disgrace awful hotel and will never go again!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid top floor !
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank joe h
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Been going to Marmaris for 10 years and going back to Ceylan in August 2014 for the 4th time, fab location, room always clean, staff are great, food is excellent, we won't go anywhere else. Always have a laugh and have met some great friends over the years. It's like anywhere, you interact with the staff they do the same. 10/10 for me.

Room Tip: Ground floor pool facing :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TraceyYoung1966
Reviewed March 13, 2014

i stayed here last year with my mum, i suppose you pay for what you get. if you are traveling eith more than two of you then thats fine, they will treat you well to get more money out of you. as it was just me and my mum the managers did not speak to us at all. the hotel is overpacked with germans, and the manager spoke to every single german or big grouped booking. the hotel was dirty, hardly got cleaned and the shower was broke. there was no lift and we was on the top floor, a little old man had to carry a fridge on his back all the was up to the top. the managers who was really big lads didn't offer to help him only shouted at him when he stopped for a break. the man called joe stands at the gates at night and baisically holds you in. we was going to jump the fence to next doors once, i only reccomend you go to this hotel if you're german or in large groups.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shannonallen
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Went here with the girls for a week, great base close to everything you need. Good clean basic rooms. Not a lot more to say as we spent most time out of the Hotel on coming back to sleep after late nights on bar street!

• Stayed: June 2013