Maltepe Pension
  • Pool
D Maris Bay(Hisaronu)
$443
$352
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My sister and I stayed here and felt immediately like members of the family. The manager, Memo, really makes the experience worth it. He told us how to get to beaches with practically no tourists and always had apple tea ready for us when we used the wifi in the main courtyard. Very good wifi by the way. The room was clean, as was the bathroom but it also kind of had a funny smell. Marmaris is a hard city to do on a budget, but the Maltepe Pension makes it so much easier and enjoyable. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank licivc
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Simply the best place to stay in Marmaris. great atmosphere and the best hospitality you'll probably ever receive. Mehmet is a legend, hire a Jeep and get him to show you where to go, you'll have a blast. And you have to meet his sister!

Room Tip: The single rooms dont cost much more then a double great place to get some space and sort your life out if you've been backpacking around.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you're looking for clean rooms with 2 or 3 beds then we found Meltepe Pension an excellent place to stay in the heart of Marmaris.

We came across from Rhodes and as soon as we cleared customs the taxi drivers recommended this place as a good place to doss down.

From here you can easily walk down to the tour boat piers and shopping, restaurant streets. In fact it took us 5 minutes to get to these places.

Mehmet is kind and will bend over backwards to ensure that you enjoy your stay here.

Depending on the season they charge around €15 - 20 per person per night. They have their own kitchen and the wifi is really fast.

Enjoy

Room Tip: Any room is good, you're away from the main road so it's not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very good pension, great value as it is very well run and clean. It has a wonderful atmosphere and the family that run it are extremely friendly and go out of there way to make you feel at home. It has a great loacation and has a nice shady vine covered patio which is great on a hot day. A highlight is the big friendly "Fat Cat" which is often found longing around on the patio.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a good experience here. The owner was very nice and friendly and went out of his way to help me. He even gave me a lift to the bus station on the back of his scooter which I thought was very nice. The other people who run the hotel (I think are his parents) were also very friendly but didn't speak much English. The lady gave me delicious apple tea a number of times and always seemed happy to see me. My room was fine, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was fine - nothing luxurious but that's to be expected for the price. Everything worked and was cleaned regularly so no complaints. The location was good, just a few minutes walk to the main area of shops and restaurants. I'm not sure how easy it is to find initially as I took a taxi from the ferry port. I was able to use the kitchen but I didnt. It didnt have a microwave, only a stove top. The patio was very pretty and a nice place to relax with apple tea. I would definately stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo