Review Highlights
Wonderful Week at Sea!

I started planning this trip over a year ago as part of hubby’s big birthday celebrations and I can... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
HoneyBee023
Ayr, United Kingdom
Fantastic Experience

We had an absolutely fabulous cabin charter holiday from start to finish. Communication was very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crabbster1
Oxford, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews turquoise coast gulet cruise owner sue greek islands aft deck spent a week making us feel an excellent host flying fish beautiful coves turkey new friends turkish gulet olu deniz local knowledge plenty of space from start to finish
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2018

This boat is privately owned and operated by the owner and her amazing team. I did extensive research before finding Sue and Captain Oktay. Whilst some Gulet cruises do have good reviews, the boat is owner by an overseas corporation and you do not always get the boat or experience that the reviews show.

With Arkadaslik Yachting - you sail with the owner and that makes a huge difference.

Food is outstanding, wonderful hosting skills and local knowledge as they live and breathe this area.

Now for our highlights - the sailing was spectacular. We ate like kings and queens. There was laughter, loads of swimming, gentle sleeping. We were a group of two sets of friends, colliding in harmony for week. Sue and Oktay and their team looked after us, showed us the highlights on and off the boat. Our cruise was one of the best moments of our September 2018!

Look foward to sharing more

Date of experience: September 2018
Sue F, Owner at Arkadaslik Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, Janine!

We enjoyed the week as much as you did, and were so delighted that you could join us. It was definitely a highlight in our season too. We look forward to seeing you again.

(And please, don;t forget to send me a photo of the Kekova print hanging on your apartment wall.)

Until next time, stay well!

Sue & Captain Oktay

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

A Gulet Cruise has been something I always wanted to do and with a big birthday to celebrate we decided that now was the time to do it. My daughter ( Lorna) contacted Sue and straight away decided it was the cruise for us, and what a wise decision it was!
Sue and her crew, captain Oktay, Sheriff, the general hand and Oomar, a fantastic chef gave us a really memorable week of fantastic experiences.
The Gulet itself is beautiful, traditional and with real character, 4 guest bedrooms with en-suite facilities. Small but perfectly formed and suited us all, a small salon area, an aft deck dining area and plenty of space for sunbathing and relaxing on deck.
We left the itinerary up to Sue, we were more than confident in her choices and they were perfect choices. From one beautiful secluded bay to another, each one more taking our breath away with the dramatic scenery and the amazingly aqua water that was so clear you could see to the depths of the ocean. Sue is very knowledgeable about the area, giving us a history of the bays and the surrounding area, she also takes awesome photos from her drone which she shows you, it truly is a beautiful area.
We were lucky enough to see a massive turtle one morning, lazily swimming along the anchored boat, a sight we will always remember. We also had a small pod of dolphins keeping us company one day and my son and daughter were lucky enough to see a stingray when they were out swimming. Flying fish were a regular sight. I didn’t realise how far they could actually go.
I was worried that we might be bored, but there was so much to, kayaking, swimming, exploring some of the islands amongst some of the things we did. Rock climbing and tree climbing was also enjoyed by the younger members of our group.
Nothing was too much trouble for Sue to organise. She arranged ( at a fantastic price) a traditional Turkish Hamam bath followed by a massage and for the adventurous one in the group to go Paragliding in Olu Deniz, another memorable experience! On my birthday I awoke to balloons and decorations all over the boat and had a beautiful birthday cake with candles and sparklers. Not requested by my daughter but a kind thought from Sue and Oktay
Sue is a welcoming host, there is plenty of food, expertly cooked by Oomar, and beautifully presented at each meal, and what a variety and choice we had. We all ate far too much, it just seemed rude to leave it after such an effort. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, cheeses and breads along with typical Turkish treats. Drinks were of a good quality and of rather large portions (who are we to complain?) and in plentiful supply.
What we all really appreciated was the totally relaxed and informal atmosphere of the cruise, everyone was so laid back, we all had the chance to relax and to spend quality time together as a family. It was great to play cards and scrabble of an evening and do lots of talking and laughing.
This was truly the best holiday I have ever had, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, who didn’t really feel like staff. I would honestly recommend this company for your traditional Gulet cruise, we are all hoping (and planning) to do another one!

Thank you Sue and apologies if I’ve spelt any names incorrectly..

Date of experience: October 2018
Sue F, Owner at Arkadaslik Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Thank you for your marvelous review, Gaye! We were honoured to host your birthday celebration. It was a fun and memorable way to wrap up the 2018 cruise season.

I'll pass along your kind words to the boys.

We look forward to seeing you again. (Now that we know what rock climbing actually entails, we'll keep an eye out for anchorages to entertain the more adventurous in the group. ;-))

Thanks again for choosing to spend your birthday week with Arkadaslik Yachting.

All our best,
Sue (& Captain Oktay)

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Amazing hosts. Fantastic Country. We had the best time sailing out of Gocek & around the Greek Islands. The food was absolutely phenomenal, nothing is too much trouble and the crew have all the local knowledge and suggestions about where to go & what to see. The dolphin show was extra special something we won’t forget. Check out my photos (I could only post 10 )

Date of experience: August 2018
Sue F, Owner at Arkadaslik Yachting, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

We're delighted that you enjoyed your epic adventure around the Dodecanese with us, Lesley. Although there were too many memorable moments to count, your trip will always be remembered as "The Dolphin Cruise"!

Thanks for sharing your photos and kind words.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We spent two wonderful weeks sailing along the Turquoise coastline of Turkey and exploring the picturesque islands of Greece. It was a brilliant holiday for our family which we shared with our friends and their family, so four adults and four teenagers. A lovely relaxing way to explore the Mediterranean, brilliant kayaking and snorkeling with amazing shoals of fish, flying fish and one of the highlights of the holiday was when a group of dolphins swam alongside and then immediately under the front of the boat enabling us to take some special photographs. Sue Fockner-Aşık is a magnificent host explaining the options for everyday and looking after us all. Captain Oktay took charge out on the sea and also shared the most amazing card trick the kids loved and are still wowing their friends with. Oktay was very ably assisted by Sailor Salim who also looked after us all with a constant supply of drinks and amusing the kids - he even swapped his beloved Galatasary shirt for Harry's Manchester United shirt (a very fair swap given the latter's recent performance!). We have to mention the outstanding and constant supply of food created by Mirhrican which was absolutely delicious. We all still talk about the cakes and biscuits at tea time! In addition Oktay's on board BBQ's were incredible. After all the water activities the kids loved the WiFi so they were able to stay in touch with world events (Snapchat). Anchoring in remote bays with no one else around, excellent food and the spending the evening drinking with our best friends and enjoying unlimited supply of wine, looking up at the stars and sometimes sleeping on deck; is there a better way to spend your holidays?
We chose this holiday with our friends in truth because we realised this would be one of the last few holidays we would all have together before they fly the nest. It was very definitely great value for money.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank IanBrynbuga

Ian,

Thanks so much for taking time to post a comprehensive review about your trip with us. While we can't guarantee dolphins for flying fish on every cruise, we're committed to delivering the best holiday experience possible for our guests. We're glad you enjoyed it!

"Şerefe" to you and the rest of your family!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely time with the Arkadslik Yachting family. I went with family and ‘family friends’ and, as a teenager, I found there was lots to do while staying with them. The crew were incredibly friendly and helpful, they were knowledgable about the area and thus were able to give recommendations and suggestions as to what we would do. They also got us involved in the local traditions like tossing bread over board for a ‘marooned sailor’ and educated us about the history of the area. The cook, Mihrican, was especially good and served some great meals, often incorporating local cuisine and the result was impeccable! We adored the food and admired her hard work. I found that the rest of the crew were just as impressive and friendly, we all agreed that the staff swiftly became a ‘family’ of sorts!

The activities were also greatly enjoyable; there were kayaks and canoes on board, ready for use, you can snorkel, swim and dive and thats just what you can do in the water! You could also chill on the sun-beds, talk with the crew or use the Wi- fi. The Wi-fi in fact deserves a special mention of its own because with me being a teenager, I find it especially helpful to stay in touch with my friends and update my social media and, from my experience, the Wi-fi was extremely strong and efficient.

We stopped in some equally impressive areas which were recommended to us by the crew. These places consisted of, Lyndos, Goçek, Rhodes and Simi but among the places we visited was also some more secluded and quiet areas like those of which that were situated around the Goçek Islands. The variety of these areas allowed us to get a true insight to the area.

Overall, the crew were excellent at catering for our needs and went the extra mile for our wishes. The cook was outstanding in her craft, the sailor and captain made a smooth ride for us all and Sue was an incredible host, all in all the team was the best we could have asked for! The area offered something new to gawp at at each corner and the facilities were clean and effective. My only complaint is that I didn’t get to stay for longer!! In reality, there wasn’t any better experience we could have possibly have had, why wouldn’t you want to miss out on the same experience?

Date of experience: July 2018

Alice, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. A young adult's perspective is always appreciated, and very helpful for other families with teenagers to assess whether one of our cruises is a suitable match for their holiday expectations. Good wifi definitely tops the list of wants for many guests - young or old! ;-)

I'll pass along your compliments to Chef Mihrican, Sailor Selim, and Captain Oktay. We enjoy our work, and love sharing the beauty of the Greek and Turkish coastline with our guests. So glad you enjoyed it too!

Warmest Regards,