“If you want good service avoid”
Review of Ozcan Restaurant

Ozcan Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Gocek
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“If you want good service avoid”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is on the front and looks good.The food is reasonable but, for instance, kebab hospital, just the corner has better kebabs. The service here is awful. Check it before you sit down, a hundred covers and three waiters, one of whom, a woman, was the queen of bad service. I don't like to write bad reviews, but I would say avoid there is much better on offer within 100 meters.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Scoobastevie

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Dinner at Ozcan”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Good Turkish food,great Meze seletion we had the lamb cooked in pottery something different good service and attentive

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Annian90
Byfield, United Kingdom
“Unimpressive”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Visited here with my husband, two friends and their 16 month old.
The restaurant is right on the seafront with wonderful views of the marina. All the tables right at the front were reserved so we were seated a few rows back even though the rrstaurant was completely empty.
My friend and I wanted to try the Meze and when we walked past the guy who greeted us said they had 60 different kinds so we thought this would be the perfect place. We ordered meze for 2, my husband ordered fried calamari starter and chicken fajitas for the main course, meatballs for the baby and my other friend had chicken in Soy sauce.
The meze was beautifully presented and very tasty, this came in between the starters and the main courses. A good selection of dips, vegetable and seafood dishes. We could have done with more bread though! The calamari was ok, not the best. The meatballs were a little dry as they came in a wrap with no sauce. The plates for the starters were still on the table when the mains came.When my husbands fajitas came they arrived with only one tortilla! We asked for a couple more and they looked at us like we were strange but brought them anyway. It wasn't very tasty and the dips that came with it were runny. There was a lot of chicken in the soy sauce, too much for my friend so we all gave it a try. Again the sauce was watery and not very tasty.
By the time we had finished the main courses the restaurant had begun to fill up and it was very difficult to get served, we would have had desserts and more drinks but we could not get anyones attention. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the bill once we had asked for it. The bill was a little more than we were expecting but I expect it included service.
Service was very poor all night so needless to say we didn't visit again. I certainly wouldn't want to visit on a busy night as the place was empty when we arrived and the service was bad enough then!

• Visited June 2012

Crap service...

Mediocre food...

Cocktails OK...

Can't clear plates...

Kitchen just bang out the mains even if the starters are not finished...

Enough said.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank josefk68
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“There are better restaurants in Gocek”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We've spent the last 7 summer holidays in Gocek, but for some reason we never ate at Ozcan. A couple of days ago we went with my family and parents. It turned out to be an average experience. The starters were ok although there was way too much garlic in the humus. My father and myself ate desti kebab, a capadocian speciality which is a stew prepared in a clay pot. The kebab was very good though the clay pot was the reuseable sort. With a traditional desti kebab the clay pot is broken at the table before the stew is served. The stew takes a while to prepare, but all the main courses were served at the same time. As a result the fish skewers my wife and mum ordered were tepid rather than warm when served. Clearly the waiters are not very experienced. They forgot to clean the starter plates away before they served the main course. We had to remove the plates ourselves and then the waiters left them on the table next to ours were we had placed them. The atmosphere is really nice though, especially if you get a table next to the municipality harbour.
In summary, ok food and average service. At the price they charge (count 25 Euro if you have wine), there are better options in Gocek. Maybe we were just unlucky, but this restaurant failed to make it to my favourites list in Gocek.

• Visited July 2012