“6 became 8”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Gocek, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 119 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
bob j
Bromley, United Kingdom
“6 became 8”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We arrived as a party of six and a week later left our new friends Susan and Chris to carry on running The Escape!
We cannot recommend it any more than to say that we had the most wonderful time.
Chris kept us entertained throughout our stay while still managing to keep us supplied with food and drinks.
Susan's cooking and choice of menu was first class.
No point in going on about how clean and comfortable everything was as that all goes without saying.
Both our host seem to go 'above and beyond' in making our stay as perfect as it could be.
Looking forward to our next 'Escape'

Value Location
Your age range 50-64
Abwil
kent
“Celebration”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

just returned from a wonderful week at 'The escape' and that is what it is an escape.. 6 of us went to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday, Chris & susan are the perfect host and within an hour of arriving you truly feel you are relaxed they welcome you into their home with open arms, nothing is too much trouble they really cannot do enough for you to make your stay a pleasent and memorable experence. Susan is the most wonderful cook so we stayed in 5 out of the 7 nights (sorry Susan) but Chris keeps you entained with stories. On the evening of our friend's birthday susan cooked the most wonderful meal and then both Chris and Susan entertained us with live music Chris on keyboard & Guitar and both singing, a very enjoyable evening then to top it they had wrote a song for the birthday girl....
i must say we did not venture far as we were in much need of a little R&R, we arrived as guest and left as friends, that is just how they make you feel... thank you both so much

Rooms Location
Tracy M
Kent, United Kingdom
“Happy 50th to me!!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

6 friends stayed at 'The Escape' for 1 week just recently... The occassion: To celebrate my 50th birthday, and boy what a birthday! As you can imagine I was not looking forward to turning 50 but Susan & Chris certainly made my birthday celebration very special. Susan and Chris are so charming and attentive, they can't do enough for you... all the reveiws that go before mine are truley honest and fair... Susan is the most amazing cook and Chris who is more front of house keeps you enthralled with all his tales & stories, they truely are the best hosts... On the evening of my 50th birthday celebration we were also treated to a night of music... Chris playing guitar & piano and both keeping us entertained with there singing, sorry Chris but Susan wins the singing contest she has the sweetest country voice... We were so taken with Susan and Chris that we hardly stepped out of the place, next time we go perhaps we'll be more adventurous... mmmm maybe!

Rooms Cleanliness
Cloudwalk...
Maribor, Slovenia
“So indulgent we felt guilty pleasure…”
Reviewed September 13, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

As a member of a private jetliner flight crew I am used to staying in hotels worldwide. Our operations controller booked the escape for us telling us only that it had the best review score on the web. It is all of that. And more. The owners (Chris and Susan) arranged our car hire and, when not enjoying Susan’s creative cooking skills or their impressive organic wine cellar, Chris was happy to chauffer us to town and back to comply with the strict drink-driving laws and let us savour the delights of both the escape and Gocek’s finest food and wines.
Their hospitality and camaraderie made us feel guilty – but of the indulgent guilty pleasure kind. Wait ‘til my wife accompanies me and then understands why we rate this place so highly.

Value Location
Visit was for: Business
Traveling group: Geschäftlich
Your age range 35-49
les9424
Cardiff
“Peace, perfect peace.”
Reviewed September 6, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We spent a fabulous week in the Escape in July/August. Really couldn't fault it, from the friendliness of hosts Susan and Chris, to the lovely suite (Ruby/Jet) and idlyllic pool. Susan serves really delicious and imaginative food and we just loved taking breakfast and dinner on the lovely terrace. They made us so welcome and made sure that every last detail was taken care of. Susan also draws fantastic maps which were hugely helpful to us when we ventured further afield! We were very sorry when our stay came to an end and have no hesitation in recommending The Escape! Possibly the most relaxing week of our lives - we would love to return!

Value Rooms
Joel K
Dallas, Texas
“The Ultimate Escape”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Chris and Susan Salmon are the most charming, attentive and talented host and hostess you can ever expect to meet. We spent 1 week and 1 day at this extraordinary hideaway created and operated by Chris and Susan and could not have asked for anything better. The gourmet meals prepared by Susan, the Roman styled infinity pool and landscaped grounds maintained by Chris, the magnificently designed 6 suite hotel itself in its beautiful, serene and hidden surroundings and the perfect weather. If you ever want to get away from it all, there is no better place. I will be back (I hope).... Joel

Rooms Location
Anna1279
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Time stands still.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Twelve months ago I wrote that I couldn't imagine not returning to the escape (Efes in hand!). Well, sure enough, I recently found myself lounging away the days in this glorious retreat. It is as if time has stood still, with Chris and Susan continuing to offer their guests their (and my) vision of the perfect holiday. The property is still beautiful, the views are still stunning, the food is still sublime ..... I could go on. It is rare that I return to the same accommodation, but for as long as Chris and Susan have the escape I will be adding it to my annual holiday quota. After all, everyone needs to escape once in a while.

Traveling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing