“The GREAT Escape”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
7 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Gocek, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 127 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
essex
“The GREAT Escape”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the escape for 10 nights in May and booked last minute by my dear husband as I'd been ill and he wanted me to get some much needed rest and sunshine. We couldn't have chosen a better place in the world. Chris and Susan (the owners) could not do enough to make sure that I was looked after they are the sweetest couple. My hubby still misses the breakfast omelet and the red wine!!! The views are wonderful all bedrooms are stunning with the softest bedding and fluffy towels heaven! We shall be back.

DaveCatBo...
“Dave and Caroline”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

My wife and I enjoyed two excellent weeks at the escape, Chris and Susan are wonderful hosts who go the extra mile to ensure their guests have a holiday to remember. From the moment we arrived,very late in the evening, they surprised us with the offer of food and drink, much appreciated as it had been a long day, the whole holiday continued in the same way. The hotel was immacutely clean and the rest of the staff were friendly and efficient in their work. The gardens of the hotel have many interesting plants and shrubs and reflects the amount of thought that went into the construction of the hotel. The superb pool is always clean and immacutely kept and we enjoyed a pre breakfast swim everyday. The food was excellent, Susan is a great cook, the menu though limited in its choice, she was more than happy to accommodate individual tastes and we often prefered a hot shower, a relaxing drink and Susan's cooking to a trip to Gocek. They are a mind of information with recomendations of where we should visit and not, which on a two week holiday is essential. We arranged our hire car through them and the rates and level of service from their company was much better than other holidays.
We can only say if you want to visit Turkey and the Gocek area the THE ESCAPE is a must

Derrick M
Mugla Province, Turkey
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Arrived late at night,Chris and Susan the owners gave us a lovely welcome.
Then made us a drink and a bite to eat before bed.
This was the beginning of the most fantastic and relaxing holiday we have ever experienced.
We stayed for 14 nights but only ate out once, rest of time Susan made such lovely meals that
we did not need to move from The Escape.
We could not find fault with anything.
Chris and Susan are a lovely couple and now our friends.

PaulL54
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“My mind keeps wondering............”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We have been back home for a couple of weeks now....and my mind keeps wondering back to our wonderful stay the The Escape. We arrived late evening to a warm welcome from Chris and Susan, shown to our rooms and then met up with dear friends who had arrived earlier. A late supper, drinks and a catch up and off to our lovely poolside room and very comfy bed. Breakfast every morning was a treat, healthy and indulgent! Fresh breads and fruits, meats and cheeses, freshly squeezed orange juice, poached eggs (my favourite) and proper coffee. The infinity pool is wonderful, my husband spent a large part of every day floating around in it and i dipped in and out in between sunbathing and reading. Susan can cook thats for sure and Chris makes a very generous G&T, as well as a fantastic sort of Turkish Harvey Wallbanger. We went on a boat trip around the islands one day, it was beautiful, everyone enjoyed it On a trip to Fethiye market.we went from shy and nervous to bold haggling and got some great bargains, think ahead for upcoming birthdays as an excuse to buy more things! It takes vision,talent, hard work and determination to create a place like The Escape. Chris and Susan should be very proud of their creation. I could go on and on but you get the picture dont you?
Debbie and Paul , Herts England

mariamcm2...
Abu Dhabi
“Escape to theescape!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Escape to theescape!

First impressions

My partner and I have just spent 8 wonderful nights at theescapegocek.com. I was so impresssed with everything that I felt I had to write a review on TripAdvisor (as I always check out the reviews on places I would like to go on here). Our stay was nothing short of fabulous, from the moment we were collected at Dalaman Airport, till the minute we (very reluctantly) had to leave. Our hosts, Chris and Susan, who own this beautiful hotel, could not have been more thoughtful and accommodating to our every need. The hotel is nestled in a scenic, natual setting up in the hills, only 10 minutes drive from Gocek Marina. It is an escape in every sense of the word. Beautiful views, with little to punctuate the peace and quiet save the early morning chatter of birds, and the herd of goats who take their morning stroll across theescape's verdant green pastures, ensured that we felt enveloped in a sense of serenity every time we stepped out of our poolside room. We met a huge bullfrog, a lone turtle, a preying mantis, and delighted in watching the swallows soar and dive in the early evening for a dip in the cool, clear, infinity pool.

Rooms

Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, with top-quality bed linen and towels, and the mini-bar was re-stocked immediately with our favourite choice of beverages which, we noted, were charged at prices way lower than you would normally expect to find in an hotel of this calibre. The double French windows ensured that we had plenty of sunlight and a superb view of the pool and mountains from our bed! Outside sat chairs and table, where we could enjoy sundowners prior to dinner. Bathroom was nice, with gorgeous Olive Oil products (in HUGE containers - not the usual mini-sizes you normally get) which we were told we could take with us, if we still had room in our suitcases after our shopping sprees - more of which later!

Delicious, fresh, home cooking! Susan enjoyed telling us about the kind of cuisine she would be happy to prepare for us every day. Nothing in this hotel is pre-packed, frozen or artificial. Everything is fresh, locally sourced and put together with Susan's inimitable capacity for providing healthy, hearty, delicious home cooking. Among her specialities are slow cooked lamb, marinated sea bass, superb breakfast omelettes, and we must not forget the legendary 12 minute egg! Ok, that was a bit of a joke we all had, but her Clementine Cake and ice cream dessert is to die for!

Beverages

We (and other guests) were delighted to try the locally sourced organic wine, as well as the very tasty ice cold Efes local beer. We were even more delighted to learn that it is true... organic wine does not give you the morning-after feeling that other wines do!

Shopping

Once you have had a day or two to unwind and soak up the sun, you might fancy a bit of shopping. First off, there's the Gocek Marina - only a short 10 mins drive down the hills and you are there. Beautiful Yachts, boat trips, shops, and restaruants await your pleasure. There are some gorgeous shops where you can browse and find gifts, clothes, jewellery, handicrafts... most of which have been made in Turkey. There is a local market which offers a good variety of items - and some fab pancakes - but if you want a really big market, you must go to the Fetiyhe one on Tuesday. It's massive, and offfers fantastic bargains - I bought about 15 pashmina / silk shawls (superb quality) for an absurdly cheap 10 Euros each. Higher silk but lower pashmina content can be had for just 6 Euros! I also bought shoes, jewellery, clothes... all so reasonably priced and lovely they were too hard to resist - I really struggled to get everything into my cases when it was time to pack!

Sightseeing

From Gocek you are in easy driving distance of Fetiyhe, Dalyan and many other places of historical interst, all within reasonable driving distance from Gocek. Due to its idyllic location, it is essential to hire a car so that you can get out and about easily. Susan managed to get us a very good deal with a local company well known to her.

General

The Hotel itself is gorgeous, but, you don't feel like you are in an hotel. You are really guests in the luxury home of two wonderful people, who will make you feel completely at home too, who will do everything they can to ensure you have a fabulous holiday, but who will leave you in peace when you want to chillax. If you happen to run out of books... don't worry, Susan and Chris (avid readers / writers) have plenty on their shelves which they are willing to share with you. The impromptou music session on our last night was beyond the pale! Music, song and dance ensued... not something they normally do for guests, but under much badgering from the group of us who were there... they gave in, and put on a stellar performace! Who would have guessed that Susan could sing 'No Regrets' by Edith Piaff in French!!!!! Unsurpassed!
Children are not allowed - The Escape is for the discerning visitor who wants something a little (lot!) bit special... off the beaten track, away from the commercial brouhaha of most places. If you are looking to get away from the madding crowd, go-check out theescapegocek.com.... you will not be disappointed.
We are looking forward to our next visit!
Maria & Jim (based in Dubai & Azerbaijan)

amawson
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“The 'great' escape”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I and my wife visited with a party of friends for a get away break. What we found (even the photo's don't do it justice btw) was a fantastic place to re-charge the emotional and intellectual batteries.

The tranquility and beauty of the location were matched by the sensitivity and unobtrusive style of service from Chris and Susan. It was all about us ... not about them.

The room was fresh and clean with cleaning and fresh towels every day to fit around our schedule. Breakfast was taken on the balcony overlooking a rugged green countryside and
there was none of the usual pressure to conform to the needs of the kitchen. You could have breakfast when you wanted it......I don't think we made it to breakfast till after 11 each day but the breakfast and service for the last guest was a good as the first. Fresh fruit, meats, tea/coffee, fresh bread and Susan's great omelettes.

We had the place to ourselves on one day and it was like having our own private villa but with service that was unobtrusive and there when you needed it.

Gocek itself is a delight, retaining its own character whilst supporting the sailing community. Chris and Susan organised the most perfect cruise round the Turkish islands for us as well organising as a car and guiding on visits.

All in all a great place to re-charge your batteries. We would thoroughly recommend a visit.

dissappoi...
scotland
“Heaven on earth!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

What can I say about the escape except that it is well worth more than 6 stars......having travelled extensively all over the world I didnt think anywhere could be more like home than here...the hotel is immaculate and the pool so clean and overlooking the most amazing scenery. I am the worlds nightmare for chefs but polished off everything that Susan cooked for us with relish. It was like being with family they are such wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. I have never felt so at home or pampered and will be going back soon. Could easily have stayed much longer and Gocek itself has one of the best biggest marinas in the south and amazing shops. There are great places to eat out but nothing would ever beat Susan's meals. Just wishing I hadnt left and was back there listening to the goats and the tortoise in the grass nearby.....what a wonderful delight. Thanks so much to Chris and Susan for one of the best holidays I have ever been on.

Traveling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing