“Depends what you want from your holiday”

Lykia Botanika Beach & Fun Club
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have just returned from this hotel and can understand why it gets such mixed reviews. if you want a all inclusive holiday where all you are doing it sitting by pool and basically eating and drinking then its good value for money. the rooms are VERY VERY basic. most of the furniture needs binned. shower had mould all over it and hot water was intermittent. If you are looking for a half decent apartment then its not the place for you. Speaking to some people they were happy with theres but there was also some people at reception refusing to stay. You dont get such a thing as an apartment with a lounge and 2 seperate bedrooms which was what a lot of people had booked through thomas cook., I would rate the bedrooms 2 star but the complex in a whole 4 star. the food is good with food available all day at certain parts of the complex. the cleaners are in every day with fresh sheets and do the best they can. What i will say is if you are looking too see a bit of fethiye then its not the place to be. To say its in the middle of no where is an understatement, you are miles away from and nearest town and its not possible to walk as its a mixture of motorways and back roads. We got a taxi to the market on in fethiye on a tuesday and it was 85 lira. The weather also reached highs of 48 deg so walking was impossible. The resort has its own private beach where water sports are available but they are at an extra cost and not cheap. If you are going take plenty of mosquito repelant as they are out in force at night and dont take no for an answer lol. I am covered in insect bites from god knows what kind of insects, many of them coming from the bed i think. So to sum it up if you want a swimming pool holiday and dont care to much how your room is then its the place to be but if you are looking for anything more then i wouldnt go there. I had 2 teenage boys with us and they were bored out there mind. I just want to say also that the entertainment staff were great working continuously through the day to keep you entertained.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank debspen2014
Nurkaya G, General Manager at Lykia Botanika Beach & Fun Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review and we appreciate your honest thoughts, Your comments will be looking into with the related department managers for the future improvement of the hotel. We hope to welcome you again in the enar future and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Have just returned from this hotel and I have to say we did not have any real issues. After reading previous reviews we were a little worried, but we were pleasantly surprised. Staff are very friendly and work very hard, and there only concern is for you to have a great holiday. Especially Morat (I don't think this is spelt right) who deserves some praise, he was our waiter for our whole holiday and we never had to get a drink. Animation team work hard, although they try to get you involved, you are not under pressure. Reception staff are hard work, don't speak much English, however customer services around the corner were very helpful.

Food was very fresh and varied even for picky eaters you would never starve. The weakest meal was breakfast, although a vast quantity of choice, it was mainly continental. The grounds are gorgeous and well kept. The room was very clean and the maids came every day, the only thing I could say is, maybe a small upgrade for 4*, however we were in one of the oldest blocks, opposite the pool. Drinks were always flowing with 24 hour al, which was a bonus and a-la-carte restaurant which was lovely. All in all we would defo go back. Great family holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank joanne a

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review on the tripadvisor and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the Holiday here in Majesty Club Lykia Botanika. It is our honor to recieve encouraging comments on our staffs and your comments will be shared with them. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and if you have any inquires please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Good holiday entertainment team was excellent especially Arman (curly) who was always asking us to join in with the activities always happy and helpful reception staff where not to helpful maybe because they did not speak much English thank you Arman (curly) you made us really enjoy are stay and hopefully we can come back one day to see you again love Lisa and Paul and Denton

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Lisasumner

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the Holiday here in Majesty Club Tuana Park. Your kind comments on our particular staffs will be shared and we hope to welcome you in the near future. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Have just returned fron this hotel and I was worried because of the reviews, but I had no need to worry. The hotel was clean, nice friendly staff with loads to do. The food was excellent, epecially the freshly cooked food. The BBQ food was nice, with a good choice. Drinks were local drinks, but these were not too bad, the mini bar was stocked on arrival and you could get drinks from the hotel to stock up with. The only complaint was that the pasta dish did not change all week. I would stay there again and recommend it to family & friends.

Room Tip: free A/C, rooms in 2 blocks
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank QUIGS2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Majesty Club Lykia Botanika and we are delighted to hear your recent stay here with us was a pleasent one. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and if you have any questions please contact us directly and we are more than happy to help you.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I booked this Hotel through Thomas Cook at the end of January for the May half Term Holiday, there are 3 of us Partner, Daughter and Myself I wasn't too concerned the Marketing Photos had done there job, grounds, pools, rooms etc all looked ok, if not lovely I had noted some of the early reviews and also the replies of one of the Owners/Managers, (be interesting to see if he answers this!) and figured that obviously at some stage this Hotel was in a bit of a Decline, but the New Management were trying very hard to turn it around and quickly.
We arrived at around 8.45pm Monday 26th June and were shown to our Dungeon oops sorry I mean room at around 9.10pm Immediately obvious, this was not a room used for Marketing purposes in fact had it been any further away, we would have been holidaying on the Moon.
In short NEVER have I stayed in a worse Hotel (and I have stayed in a variety from B&Bs to the Hyatt) The key fob electric switch was coming away from the wall, the Light fitting roses were not attached and hanging down on there chains, No light Shades (but they do use energy saving bulbs)
Fitted Wardrobes that looked as though they would fall to pieces if we hung a T-Shirt in them, Rickety and old Dressing Table with no stool, so doing Hair (and my Daughters is a Metre Long) and Make-up would have been very uncomfortable if not impossible. Totally Threadbare Curtains that did not cover the Windows, but had a margin of between 8 and 10 inches at either side and along the bottom, Nasty bright Pink Bedspread on the Double bed that was hiding a Cotton Coverlet, only slightly bigger than the one on the Single Bed (which did not have a Bedspread) and in no way would cover 2 children much less adults. No Telephone as the wires were away from the socket and were bare and exposed.
In the Bathroom, A small window opened onto the Walkway and could not be closed, so no Private Moments (and I am very Private) A toilet that made a horrid banging Noise every time you left it (so even less Private Moments) No lamp shade again but another energy saving bulb, The Mirror was Framed by a Nasty something, that had more to do with its age than decorative finish. A bath I had absolutely no intention of sitting in, A shower attachment above with a broken fitting, that meant holding the Shower Head above you, in order to have a Shower (have you tried to do that and wash your hair) Shower Screens weren't too bad, Shabby but ok.
Moving on we get to the Balcony (Truthfully I've seen larger Window Boxes) I can only say Dangerous and Insalubrious, Dangerous because it would be all too easy to put your foot through the railing (and I would be seriously worried if my Daughter were younger) especially as there was not enough room to move around another person sitting or standing on the Balcony. Insalubrious (in fact absolutely disgusting) due to the Swallows nest above, of which I do commend the hotel for not destroying, but how hard could it be to put something beneath the nest to protect Guests or there property. My Daughter put her Hand in a pile of Bird poo as she tried to join me on the balcony (because of the size of the Balcony she had to put her hand out to steady herself) the railing was covered and as we all know this consists of what they eat, Flies and Bugs.
Along with all this the Air Conditioning did not work so we were forced to have the windows open which with no help from the curtains meant we were inundated with Mosquitos and the noise from the Beach Disco, which our room faced was unbearable. We spent 1 Night in this room.
Our next room was much better, but what I at first took to be patches of Blown Paint turned out to be DAMP and by around Friday/Saturday, after a Midweek storm these Patches were starting to grow there own little Furry Coats.
My Partner has and is recovered from Cancer we are especially careful to avoid possible infection. My Daughter is Epileptic with Aspergers syndrome, (Autistic Tendencies) and is also mildly Asthmatic, and as such should not be near Mould, I can only be thankful that I appear to be the only one of us affected by sleeping in this room.
As to the food, No Childrens Menu, My daughter had Spaghetti Bolognaise 3 evenings, which was available every night and the same Meat menu was served, 2 evenings running we ate in Fethiye 1 evening which was Lovely and on our last night took the Turkish Option of the A La Carte restaurant, which is not really A la Carte more Take It or Leave It, as there is not a Menu or Choice.
We all came home with Jittery tummies.
I cannot say I was expecting a 4 star hotel as this Hotel is listed on the Thomas Cook website. A reasonable 3 star maybe, I would barely rate this Hotel a 2 star and that I can say is only due to the efforts of the Staff who are genuinely lovely, work extremely hard, and are this Hotels greatest asset. The grounds are lovely, but personally I would rather have a comfortable room or a Prison Cell, which comes All Inclusive at no cost.
If all this makes me FUSSY so be it, but don't say you weren't warned and pack your HAZMAT suit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Susan B

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write the review and we appreciate your honest thoughts. Your concern on the room has been shared with the House Keeping department and has been taken necessary action. Our Food and Beverage department must follow strict rules and regulation. Our own hygiene controller checks everything to maintain the standard. Your motivating comments on our staff will be shared with them. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

booked a last minute deal for 7 days all inclusive for 7th June 2014
Rooms comfortable and basic gardens beautifully maintained several little pools with bars always clean and plenty of sun loungers - food pretty much the same but we enjoyed what we had - daytime entertainment included shooting, archery, bowls, volleyball etc evening entertainment so bad it was funny kids club seemed amazing from what i heard - drinks plentyful - fridges full of bottled water and beer and you just helped yourself - proper coke, sprite, fanta etc - local bus just outside reception runs every few minutes and for 5 TL or about £1.50 it will take you into Fethiye - the market is on Tuesday - make sure you take sterling because you have the upperhand when bartering - excellent for fake bags, shoes etc - paid £5 for some UGG slippers, £7 for converse, so travel light and then you can buy loads
We went to the Talk of the Town show - Drag Queens - it was fantastic so funny
Overall this was a brilliant holiday

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank kittens54321

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear all the kind comments on our hotel and we hope to welcome you again in the near future. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went to this hotel in May 2014 for a week and I can honestly say it was the best holiday ever! Before I went I wasn't excited because it was the first holiday without my dad but the animation team made me have an amazing time and I totally forgot about everything that I was worried about. The hotel was fantastic, it was clean and the restaurant/food were great. The best thing about the whole hotel was in fact the animation team, they made everyone feel at home and made everyone feel welcome! There is an amazing new show every night and really good activities during the day, so if your someone that doesn't like sunbathing for long then there will definitely be something for you to do. All of the animation team are absolutely fantastic but the names I know are Murat Saltturk who is the manager of the animation team and the man that makes sure there is always brilliant entertainment, then Tolgahan Sarac who was the DJ when I was there he always made sure there was good music playing around the pool, at the shows and beach disco, then there's Firat Gunyaz who is the Mini club chief he was always very lively and part of the show. There are a lot more of the animation team but too many to name, Also the bar staff were great and I have made some incredible friends, I will definitely go back to Turkey and that is because the animation team made me have the best time of my life.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jade W

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review we are happy to hear you had a great time with us. We will share your kind comments with the animation team.We hope to see you in the near future and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards