“Our Base for Exploring the Turquoise Coast”

Caretta Apart Hotel
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Our Base for Exploring the Turquoise Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I give my highest recommendations to the Caretta Apart Hotel and proprietor Dr. Can Kocagozoglu. My wife and I spent a week here in April and had a wonderful time exploring the area. Dr. Can (pronounced John) really made the stay special. He took a personal interest in us, and saw to it that we got a full dose of Fethiye's Turkish hospitality. With Dr. Can's help we toured the coast and took a day-long Gulet (wooden sailing ship) ride. As a photographer I'm always interested in getting into out of the way places and the good Dr. assisted in this as well.

The Caretta Apart hotel itself is very pleasant. Located in the Calis Beach area, it is a short dolmus (mini bus) ride from the downtown area. The rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is available for a small charge. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank evergreenrancher

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fethiye, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

It's a wonderful experience that I am so lucky to stay in the apart. The host and host's son are really friendly and help us with lots of things. There are also a bar, restaurant, and cute apart with many thing available. If you travel in Fethiye, it will be the best choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed in this lovely apart hotel just for one night, but I would love to go back. The place is located further away from the heated city, and it offers a good place to sleep in a quiet, comfortable place. Owner is a very pleasant and caring fellow, the rooms are quiet and adequately equipped, all for the traveler-friendly price.
There is a small grocery store right across the road, which makes it even more convenient.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Burnaby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time visiting Dr. Can and his wonderful family at Caretta Apart. In all of my travels I have never found a place that feels more like home. If you're looking for a budget place that is still clean and well-kept, with a decent breakfast (not included but very cheap), and staff that treat you like family, here you are.
Dr Can was so extremely helpful in any situation...picking us up from the shuttle bus, helping us with directions to the Lycian Way, and on our last trip, helping to arrange our day trip to Rhodes. I would not think about staying anywhere else in Fethiye!

***Extra bonus - a refreshing and well-kept swimming pool!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank GypsygirlCanuck
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

It's got to be our best stay in Turkey. We felt at home in Caretta and wished we never had to leave this lovely place in Calis Beach.

Dr. Can and his family took great care of us during our 5D4N stay. He provided every guest with personal and sincere holiday suggestions in Fethiye and Oludeniz - He personally called his contacts to arrange our paragliding experience, 12-island boat trip, jeep safari to Saklikent Gorge, which were amazing! The best part was his great sense of humour - we love it! Dr. Can also has a beautiful dog, Sunny, who loves balls!

Caretta is conveniently located, within walking distance to Calis Beach, restaurants and a BIM supermarket. The bus stop to Fethiye town centre and Oludeniz is also 2 minutes away. The interior of the apartment is simply furnished with a kitchenette, 2 bedrooms (for 4), 1 bathroom and 2 small balconies. It was quite spacious for 2 of us! The only downside is that there is no washing machine in the apartment. We also spend our nights having drinks and talking to other hotel guests at the bar - very lovely people. If you need a ride to/from the bus station (Otogar), you can email Dr. Can and he will do his best to provide shuttle service for free!

I will recommend Caretta to anyone who loves to enjoy a simple holiday with sincere and heart-warming folks. If I live within 5 hours's flight time from Fethiye, I will definitely visit every year!

-Dency

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank dency10c
Chuzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in a hurry to go to Oludeniz, so I stayed in this hotel for only one night. The owner Dr. Can likes chatting and I really enjoyed our conversation. He drew me a map and explained all the places of interest in the city center. I gave up my original plan and followed his advice. I am glad I did so! The room, actually an apartment with 2 balconies I took was on the top floor. I loved its furniture, much better than cheap standardized one in a commercial hotel. Nice glasses are provided and the little porcelain vase on the dressing table is cute. A electric converter is provided as well. The beach close by is called Calis, I suppose. After 5 min walk, you reach it and another 5 minute walk along the beach, you will be facing a marvelous view, the city bay, the mountain, the swamp, herons, etc. The restaurant at the end of the road is not bad, especially their lamp chops. I could've contacted the owner directly for the booking, but I didn't know. If you finally go to this place, make sure to do 2 things, talk to Mr. Owner, who can help understand more about Turkey and interact with his gold retriever, who can follow your orders in English. lol

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Adelaide
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Why do the negative reviews keep disappearing from this hotel?? The place is average at best. Our room was dirty, smelly and the location is horrible. There is some funny business going on with the reviews for this place

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo