“Highly recommended”
Review of V-GO Hotel

V-GO Hotel
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The hostal is located on a priviledged spot near the harbour, fantastic views and easy walking access to the city's amenities. Food and accomodation are of an excellent standard, good value for money, there were no surprises on the final bill, on the contrary, few freebies were thrown in.
The staff is young, friendly and dinamic, never a no for an answer, always keen to make you feel at home, or be part of any event that might get organized, but most important, they will help you with any request you might have even to find a short term job!!.
I've also took the V-go's gulet/boat trip and was great, good value for money, great sailing experience and great fun......I've came back to London knowing that I've got a group of friends in Fethiye and must visit them back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 12, 2010

I had read alot of the bad reviews of this place but thought I'd give it a go anyway. I'm very pleased I did as I was pleasantly surprised. From check in the staff were lovely and pleasant, really liked how they came round with watermelon for everyone sunbathing by the pool in the evening. The evening bbq was great, was massive!
The pool was nice and clean, the rooms were clean (I stayed in dorms), and the walk into town was fine, a pleasant 10 minute stroll.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Was going to stay 2 nights but the rooms were great that I stayed 4 nights in May. The staff was fantastic and extremely helpful with info on what to do in the area. The rooms were clean and had very comfortable beds with en-suite bathrooms. The hotel is very quiet. There is a very lovely pool with lounge chairs - great for swimming and lounging around the pool. It is great value for what you get. There is a delicious Turkish breakfast buffet included in the price also. The hotel had a fantastic view of the harbour. It was my favourite place that I stayed during my month in Turkey. I would definitely return and stay again. Their Blue Cruise 4 day tour to Olympos was fantastic and I would highly recommend that also.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2010

The staff were very freindly and helpful and went out of their way at all hours for my requests. Their knowledge of the area in and around Fethiye was clear and extensive. Fun relaxed atmosphere. İll be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I stayed in V-Go Hotel for a few weeks in April and loved it ! It was just perfect. I came to Turkey for a relaxed holiday and to kick back and enjoy myself.
For me this hotel fit the bill. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a room surrounded by overly formal staff. The staff here were so friendly and took the time to chat and had fantastic knowledge of Fethiye and the surrounding areas.The room was clean and bright and the price was a good. The pool is great as not many Hotels have a decent pool so that was a bonus.I prefer being a little out of town as i find it quieter and as this hotel accommodates all ages it was not overly noisy during the night either. It is 10 minutes walk from town or 5 minutes on the minibus which runs past more often than you would expect! I really enjoyed my time here and in Fethiye. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We booked this place because we were going on a cruise with the company, but I definitely wouldn't stay here again. I might have been more tolerant of such conditions when I was backpacking in my twenties and wanted to go cheaply, but in my thirties, this is not my bag at all. The positives that other reviewers mentioned are, I think, basics that should be expected in any place you stay, like helpful, friendly staff, or a decent pool if there is one. The views were nice, and the staff mostly friendly, but one room out of our reservation stunk so bad that my friends insisted on a room change, and some other friends found in the morning that there was no hot water, and so didn't get showers. The first night, I found my room bearable, although plain, and the shower a little suspicious. However, after we returned from our cruise, the second room I had was a dorm room with two bunk beds, one pushed right up against the door wall, so that I had to strain to move it in order to open the door to the balcony and get air. I spent the evening wondering if I should wear my flipflops in the shower (or in the room in general) and inspecting the surfaces of everything before I set my stuff down. I had just come back from three days in close quarters on a boat, so I'm not madly obsessive about cleanliness, but you really don't want to think about these details when you walk into a hotel room. The walk into town really isn't bad, and the views are nice, but you could get more for your money, I think, somewhere else. And at this point in my life, I'd pay plenty else to feel comfortable and assured of a modicum of cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank JNE1st
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We booked this place through Hostelworld a few nights before arriving in Fethiye. As soon as we arrived, the place had a friendly hostel feel about the place, although we were rather bemused that rather than a usual check in (I.D, payment, keys etc) we were sat down on some bean bags and given a 15 minute chat about all the things to do in Fethiye - the girl who delivered all this was a friendly Australian, but it was so obviously a sales pitch that we were pretty annoyed about it, but too British to do anything other than humour her throughout! Finally got to our room, which was accessed through a grotty corridor and the room itself felt unclean. The linen seemed fine, it was just the horrible old carpets and beds and grotty tiled bathroom with mould growth. Also they charged for air conditioning. They didn't supply fans in the room, so we felt we have to have air con as it was very hot in August - the air con was useless and we felt totally ripped off. Rather than stay a 2nd night, we moved closer into town (Vgo is a 20 min walk in the wrong direction from the centre). and found a lovely 3* hotel with proper air con and impeccable rooms for less than the grotty VGo hostel. Fethiye has loads of places to stay, so if you can't find anywhere to book before arriving, just take a gamble rather than stay at this over-priced, grotty place that is too far out of town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple