See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed here overnight before heading off on one of V-Go's Blue Cruises. The room was OK, smelt kind of like an old cinema strangely! There was no soap or anything so it's very much on the hostel side of the scale, although not quite that bad.

We booked to stay there because we were taking their cruise. We also had to take an overnight bus journey after the cruise, which they said on the phone they'd be able to help us book - of course, at the time we thought this was just them offering a service to us as most other hotels would, free of charge. Incorrect. They booked our bus ticket alright, but put 30% mark up on it! And didn't tell us. 1 phone call. We'd have done it ourselves had we known they were actually charging us. We didn't walk into a travel agent's office, so we didn't expect to be charged for travel agent services. Quite a disappointing thing really. So watch out!

Apart from that, everything was OK (No BYO drinks allowed on premises though - you must buy from their bar!).

One positive was a cracking view from our room though!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gooka
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by V-Go’s. Based on price I had kept my expectations fairly low but quality of service, size of the room I was given, cleanliness of the room (daily) and general friendliness of staff have surely contributed to a very enjoyable stay in Fethiye for me. It is after all more a hostel than a hotel so do not expect 5 star luxury based on this review. For what one pays to stay here, quality of what is on offer is on par or better.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Great spot for the solo traveller, easy to meet new friends and plenty of ammenities on hand. Rooms were comfortable, AC is extra but we got by without. Great pool area with sunbeds at the rear. Main lounging area was great overlooking the harbour. Bean bag chairs and water pipes availible. Nightly BBQ that was fantastic, all fresh ingredients, decent price. Tons of things to do in the area including the Blue Cruise they run..3 days, 4 nights. Didn't have time for that one but did love the one day cruise to Butterfly Valley.
Will be back next time I visit Turkey for sure :)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My girlfriend and I did one of the Blue Cruises with the Alaturka travel agency from Demre to Fethiye. Planned on staying two nights at V-GO Hotel. We had booked a Jeep Safari for the morning after our first night. The Jeep Safari was not as advertised (was supposed to start at 8:30-they picked us up at 8:30 and then drove around town picking up other people, then made us wait in a gas station for almost an hour). We cancelled and had them drive us back to V-GO. We informed the hotel management that we had cancelled and they told us that we would have to pay anyway because it was our choice to cancel. We tried to reason that we had made that choice because it was nothing like what they had described and quite a rip-off honestly. We argued back and forth with them until one of the hotel MANAGERS started swearing at my girlfriend. I told him to stop swearing at her and asked if there was a place to talk in private. At that point, he pushed me outside and then SUCKER-PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE!!!! Even after that, they still demanded payment for the Jeep Safari that we never went on.
At that point I reasoned it would be best to get my girlfriend out of a potentially dangerous situation so we packed up and left.
So if you value a good vacation, and the physical safety of yourself, or those you are traveling with, then DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
This hotel is connected with the Alaturka Travel agency. It would be wise to steer clear of this company all-together. Our experience with this company is that nothing is as described and they have little regard for your safety or well-being. And complaining will do nothing as they have an attitude that they are always right, regardless of how valid your complaints are. Futhermore, different people working for branches of the company completely lied about things that we had said or done when we did complain to management.
Again, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dave_va_777
Reviewed July 18, 2009

It's a bit far of town. But usually they will provide free transport if you join their suggested tours. Breakfast is great. The pool is nice. Dorms are good, with balcony.
But most important of all is the staff and services.

They're really friendly. Offering lots of help to us. We're pretty unsure about the following itenary and Ken gave us so many information to help. We stayed there for 4 nights and joined 3 of their suggested tours. Very nice and are of value-of-money.

Ken (the general manager of the hostel) is very nice and friendly. We feel really like home in V-Go!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends