See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are Hostellers (LifeTime members) but had no idea our choice of hotel was also regarded as a IYHF. We hadnt even looked into hostelling in Turkey this trip. Nice surprise. Super clean and lovely view and comfortable beds. The Main Thing is the meals prepared for evening - they were super and definitely appreciated. Breakfast was also excellent. The pool ladder was broken and being the time of the year no one was swimming - when they heard i was a swimmer they immediately had the ladder repaired. The temperature wasnt what others would swim in; but I thoroughly enjoyed their efforts. Made my visit more enjoyable. That shows the interest they take in their clients.
This is a great place for a holiday - we only wished we had more time there.

Room Tip: Our room was right at the top of the landing to the main deck and eating area. We never encountered too much noise from clients or traffic noise from the street. No problems and lots of room.
3  Thank trvllnlady
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed one night at V-Gos in preparation for an early morning para-gliding at Oludeniz.

Given all the good reviews we had read we were a little disappointed. We were in a large "family" room comprising one room with a double bed and another with 2 singles . We didn't need this as there were just two of us but at least we had plenty of room to put our bags.

We were on the 3rd floor and there are lots of stairs - it was difficult getting our bags up the 3 flights and no-one helped.
The room itself was the most disappointing. It was rather dark having a slanted timber ceiling with wooden wall panelling.
The carpet was stained in many patches and there was glue on many of the walls.
The bathroom was tiny and there was a sizeable patch in the shower base which made it look dirty. Overall the room appeared to be rather dated and not well maintained. In addition, the room door didn't shut or lock properly and we found it open several times.

The pool and bar area are nice to sit and have a drink, breakfast or dinner in.
The BBQ Dinner was great less than 20 Turkish lira per person. The salads were all fresh and there was a good variety - the shish kebabs were very nice - all very yummy and good value.

The hotel seemed good value however it is a 15 minute walk to the main part of town so you are well away from things. It seemed more like a backpacker's spot than for more mature couples.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags ask for a room on a lower floor as it is difficult getting bags up to the top 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yiannaki-and-PP
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel caters mainly to a younger crowd but we were nevertheless at ease. Nice buffet breakfast. The lady at the reception was very helpful in reserving bus ticket and arranging pick up; her English was perfect (being an Australian). The room was large enough and with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. It can be noisy in the evening since there is a bar in the main area but the noise calmed down early enough. Information given earlier by e-mail was very complete and useful.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I booked a private room at V-Go with 2 twin beds. The room itself was plain but it was comfortable enough for me as a single traveler. This is a perfect place to stay if you want to party and drink. If you are looking for a quiet place, this isn't it.
I am giving v-go a low rating because of the manager, sezar. This guy is the worst manager ever. How he ever got to manage this place is beyond me. He overbooked the hotel and had so many unhappy travelers who had no place to stay once they arrived at the hotel. Basically according to sezar, he booked another hotel (a 4 star hotel) and had to pay some money out of his own pocket in order to accommodate the travelers that didn't have a room. He didn't even show any sympathy to these travelers. He supposedly gets a discounted rate at other hotels because he has done business with them for years so he only pays little out of his own pocket. That's what he told me so I guess he just didn't care.
Sezar asked me to give up my private room in order to put some of these other travelers in my room because he screwed up by overbooking the hotel. I was stupid enough to agree to it. I ended up in a co-ed dorm room with 6 beds. In exchange for giving up my private room, I was offered lunch and dinner which amounted to 30 liras, around $16 USD. I didn't realize the dorm room was co-ed and was very uncomfortable with this living arrangement. I assumed it was an all female dorm room but it was co-ed with another couple that was displaying some questionable PDA. That really bothered me so I went to sezar and said I want to stay at another place. He offered to book me at a 4 star hotel that he booked other travelers at. However, he refused to pay. I did not pay 30 liras for a private room for 1 night. He got upset because he thought I was trying to get free lunch and dinner and free accommodation. A private room does not cost $16 USD at V-Go, ok? I mean seriously. In the end, I didn't pay for the 4 star hotel and neither did sezar. The tour company that I booked the hotel through paid for it.
Sezar is such a bad manager, it just made my whole experience at Fethiye go downhill. I really hope he gets fired. He should not be a manage period. All he wants to do is party with the travelers and he asked me to call him if I saw any guests arriving because he wasn't downstairs in the lobby. He was upstairs chatting it up with travelers by the bar. What a loser.
Also, please DO NOT book any tours (paragliding, horse riding, 12 island tours) at V-Go. Their rates are always higher. There are so many places to book these tours outside at a much better rate. That was my mistake. I won't be coming back to V-Go that's for sure!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank achoo88
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A solid accommodation option for the price, not too far from town, nice pool, clean rooms and high quality food, from the breakfast to the lunch and dinner options. The downsides, the staff can be surly, our room was never changed when we were there and we had to request toilet paper as it had run out. Our room was at the far end so the wifi didn't work in the room.

Room Tip: The furthest from the bar if you wish to sleep.
2  Thank Rob T