“Good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 125 Specialty Lodging in Fethiye
Melbourne, Australia
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Only stayed the one night. Wanted to stay more but was told the pension was full the next night. Didn't seem like many people were around to me. The staff member that I dealt with was not particularly helpful. Anyhow the double room I had was to the rear of the builing but had sea views from the small balcony. The room was nice enough as was the bathroom. Views from the terrace were very nice. The location is fairly central, a short walk to the main centre and the ferry to Rhodes.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bodrum City, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Ideal Pension in Fethiye is in a very good position with great views over the harbour, the breakfast terrace on the roof is great and very airy. The rooms are basic, but do have AC. The breakfast is basic, egg, tomatoes, cucumber and olives and bread. Coffee or tea.
All in all a very good pension at a reasonable price. The best thing is, is that if you eat with them 2 nights running you get a free boat trip.........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BodrumAPH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found Ideal Pension via Agoda.com and thus got a very good price but I think the rates reasonable anyway.
The location is perfect to access the local buses, main drag for night life and nearby travel agencies.
They provide an average breakfast but it's enough to start your day.
I'd stay here again because of the cleanliness and friendly staff.
If you're looking for a travel agency near by, go to Ocean Yachting travel agency.
They are so helpful and bend over backwards to accommodate your destination desires and budget.

• Stayed June 2013
Wooster, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is my first review on TA but I promise it's true and I'll get more up here soon. My experience at Ideal was so "different" that I felt the need to review it right away.

I'll start by saying the place itself is decent. The rooftop terrace is a highlight, with an awesome view of the bay, and the rooms are small and basic but fine. I'm not fancy and 25 Lira a night isn't going to get you a 4-post king size bed.

But the manager here is bad. In my 3 nights here, this is what I found:

First, they offer a boat trip for 45 Lira with two dinners at the hostel included. The trick is, they don't offer dinner every night. My friend stayed for 4 nights (he arrived 2 days before me) and only got 1 dinner. The manager gave him grief when he tried to ask for some of his money back upon checkout and even accused him of breaking the internet at the hostel. Seriously guy? He's the reason your wifi stopped working? He ultimately caved and gave my friend a 10 lira refund.

Next, I was planning to go to Oludeniz to book a paragliding trip because booking it yourself is about 15 Lira cheaper than booking through the hostel (obviously because he's taking a cut). I invited 2 of the other backpackers eating breakfast to come with me. He freaked out and said I was costing him business and told me I was checking out of the hostel that day. I said fine, as at that point I wasn't really comfortable with my emergency funds and passport in his safe anymore. Then asked him how much I cost him. The answer - 25 Lira - 1 night's stay. I was planning on staying at least 4 more nights and there was nobody else in my 3-bed dorm room. Now I can see why...

So I checked out and got a room at Yildirim Hostel, which has been just fine. I'll post a full review of them later.

The kicker? The next day I ran into another guy from the hostel who was at breakfast when I was thrown out. He told me he'd also been thrown out because somebody else wanted his room with a sea view and was willing to pay more. As he put it, he was offered the choice between taking a terrible room at the same rate he'd been paying or packing up and leaving.

The manager seems like a nice enough guy when you check in, but wow did he turn out to be terrible. Stay here and it might go fine, but you also might end up out on the street or he'll accuse you of breaking the internet!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I would definitely recommend this place for anyone staying in fethiye. its a great location, 5minute walk from the main strip and shops. The staff were also fantastic! they were very helpful and polite, always a pleasure to talk to and helped book our day trips and with recommendations of how to get to places. Our rooms were good, the bathroom was small but perfect size for short term travellers and they were newly renovated. most importantly the rooms reasonably spacious and they were clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Belinda_K444
Cairo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The location is really perfect, and views are amazing. However, the rooms are very small, you can hear people in the other rooms, the bathroom had a bad smell. Wish they would take a better care of the place because it is in a nice location. We stayed for 2 nights and we didn't manage to have our breakfast on both days since we leave early and the breakfast starts at 8:30 which is too late

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed in may (couple, one-bed room)
Facilities are quite simple. Reception, as well as "food-court" are on roof-top terrace.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Room was quite small and simple, but clean, and had a small balcony.
Here you have to choose - either nice view to Fethiye bay, or quieter room :) Rooms facing the street are exposed to noise of cars and motorbikes, climbing to the hill.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are preferrable