“Hands down amazing holiday!!”
Review of Hotel Destan

Hotel Destan
Ranked #81 of 103 Hotels in Fethiye
“Hands down amazing holiday!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I also stayed here at the same time as the guests that wrote the awful review about destan hotel and the staff. This hands down has been our best holiday, the hotel and the staff were amazing. We were greeted as soon as we arrived, our cases were taken to our room for us and we were shown to the bar for cocktails! That night we joined the staff when they had finished working. They couldnt do enough for us, such kind genuine people. It was our first trip to turkey and we were shown round and welcomed into the little destan family. The food was lovely and our room although average size its all that you need as im sure you wont be spending your holiday in your room. The hotel is immaculate. I can assure you that you will not regret staying at destan hotel and i will be returning in september as are many others. Amazing holiday!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here at the same time as another couple who referred to our liaison officer as "as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike". Well I don't know what hotel she was staying in because the destan hotel in hisaronu is AMAZING!! We stayed for 10 days, the liaison officer greeted us first thing in the morning and was soo helpful! All the staff were fun helpful and entertaining, and the food was GORGEOUS! Loved the area- felt so safe and 'homely'. The room was modest but perfect for two girls :). The two pools made sure everyone had more than enough room and we all got on great with each other! I absolutely love this hotel- no bugs, no dirt, no random pets running around! The cleaners done a great job every single day with new towels and lovely personal touches. I have spoken to a lot of people who have come back to the destan hotel year after year, and love it more every time. Even the locals recommended it. Looking forward to next year as I will definitely be returning!! Everyone I would 100% recommend staying at the DESTAN HOTEL IN HISARONU, TURKEY!!

1 Thank BeckyJKING
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 4, 2013

All I can say is, in my opinion (and those of loads of friends) ' what a load of crap ' that last review was. The staff in this hotel are nothing but courteous, friendly, helpful. Hazel would 'bend over backwards' to help both guests at the hotel and visitors to the restaurant... and I witnessed that with my own eyes!!!! To anyone checking Trip Advisor please read the other glowing testaments for this hotel and not be put off by the one bad apple!

I stayed at this hotel twice last year. I was drawn back for the location, service and quality of food, standard of room that when returning to Hisaronu this year I had no hesitation to re-book. On arrival I immediately noticed they had improved on the only downside to the previous year in that the bar was always quiet and not many guests used it let alone passers by! Now they've relocated the bar and introduced a dynamic husband and wife team in Hazel & Zeki.

As previously stated Hazel is a treasure.... always on hand for a chat, advice or assistance and Zeki's attention to detail especially at evening meal time makes you feel you're dining in a top class restaurant. As you can see from another review they organised a wedding reception at short notice for guests.... I was there and saw how hard they worked to ensure the bride & groom had a memorable occasion. A 'Turkish Night' was also arranged, new for this year.... there was no entertainment at all last year, the bbq was superb (as all meals are from the kitchen, massive thumbs up to the chef and his team!) and I'm sure Hazel & Zeki would organise more if the guests wanted them.

Charlotte is also a very welcome new addition to the team always has a smile and friendly greeting. So along with Suat, Jay and not forgetting Ahmed in Reception (Cheeky Boy!!) from last year I think this hotel is on a winning formula!

Roll on October..... I'm going back!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived, the room we was allocated smelt of urine. The toilet was disgusting. We complained to the liaison officer(she was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike). They gave us another room. It was a bit better. The next morning we were on the way out of the hotel when my wife fell over on a wet floor which did NOT have any signs on show. (It was hidden in a corner). We complained again. When we returned from our walk the liaison officer came over to us and said the management wanted us out of their hotel as we were causing problems. She also asked me why I had not eaten all of my evening meal ? I said " when did you become my mother ? I didn't know it was compulsory to eat a plate food ? We were evicted at 12.00pm with no where else to go. Our so called 24 hour help line agreed with their lies and cancelled our contract. Where is the justice in that. You would expect to get backing from your own help line ??? The help line was not even interested in our side of the story. They said we would get a small refund but it was down to us to find other accommodation and to pay for it ourselves (we had only stayed there for 2 nights) ? We asked for a copy of their complaint but was told we could get it after we returned. I am not slating Turkey as a place. It is a lovely place to go to. We had a brilliant time in the same area last year. We are complaining about how the situation was handled by our so called help line ??? After phone calls to our travel agent we still didn't get anywhere. We are now trying to get a flight home at our own expense. What ever people do. DO NOT STAY in the DESTAN Hotel in Hisaronu.

1 Thank Ray S
L_verpoolEll_a_A, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Destan, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
These guests were rude and unsettling whilst at the Hotel . They would not accept any help given to them . We immediately changed their room after they complained so to be called as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike is highly amusing sticks and stones etc . The staff at the hotel did all they could to make these people happy but this was an impossible task as they did not want to stay from the moment they arrived .

Travelers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Mersin, Icel, Turkey
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I could sit here and repeat all the amazing things that have been said on here but It would take me all night!! such a great place to stay , would I go back..... Yes in a heartbeat! Loved the food tried eating out in hisaronu what a waste of time food was poor so soon learnt our lesson and visited Destan restaurant night after night needless to say everything was fantastic and freshly cooked!Rooms were lovely stayed in a Roof one, nice touch.By the way Hazel very helpfull, Taz best friend Zeki Suat Bekir all wonderfull .Destan is in an excellent location for the town.

Room Tip: I prefer the roofroom overlooking the pool - great for people watching.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Merve B
Ordu, Samsun, Turkey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent a great 11 days at this hotel on a bed &breakfast basis. Ths staff are friendly and attentive without being too much. The rooms are immaculate, cleaned to a high standard every day.Speacially Cumhur , Taz and Charlotte wonderfull.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tolga K
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our second time at the Destan hotel after discovering it last year. We stayed in one of the spacious roof top rooms which was very clean. The hotel had well kept gardens, 2 lovely pools and a great bar/snack area. This year our friends daughter was getting married at the Sun City beach resort in Olidenez and during general chit chat at the bar with Hazel and Charlotte we just happened to mention that the wedding reception was still to be booked and our friends were trying to decide which restaraunt they would prefer for the day. Without a second thought they offered to do the wedding reception and set up the area under the sail. We told the bride of the offer and after visiting to view she immediately wanted her reception at the Destan hotel. This what can only be described as the start of a wonderful evening for the bride and groom, as after a lovely wedding on the lagoon they arrived back at the Destan hotel to a wedding reception which any hotel or restaraunt in Hisarönü would struggle to beat. From the way the tables were decorated, the wonderful barbecued food and the meze and most of all the attentative staff made the perfect reception. On behalf of the the whole wedding party we would like to thank all of the management and staff at the Destan hotel for the effort they put in to create what they did. I think it is safe to say that any of the wedding party returning to Hisarönü next year will definitely be staying at the Destan hotel.
Mick and Fay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MickSweeney1962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Telmessos Select
#10 of 102 in Oludeniz
St Nicholas Grove Hotel
St Nicholas Grove Hotel
#91 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Hotel Destan? Share your experiences!