“Not clean !”

Carmina Hotel
Ranked #49 of 93 Fethiye B&B and Inns
“Not clean !”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is poor! Where do I start? I will be as fair as possible really, on arrival was good straight to the taxi very helpful, the rooms r very good size but are very dated like back in the 50s the bathroom was a mess! There was ants everywhere. The beds Were very uncomfy, the bar staff Were nice but did sometimes get in your face especially with the little 1. The alcohol wasn't great, and anybody that says this is a family hotel is crazy! There is a park that is absolute death trap ! Cats everywhere ! The pool had no safety the baby pool was very deep. There is nothing for chrildren. Yes it's cheap, but thers a reason it's cheap. I wouldn't recconend this to any1. Worst holiday I've ever had. Out side of this hotel lovely weather some really nice places to visit friendly people. Blue lagoon was really nice !

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Englandcheshir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel needs a complete overhaul, the staff are very unfriendly and rude especially gazzy who was too busy with young girls at the hotel to notice if anyone would like to order a drink, the rooms in this hotel are all seriously in need of updating, the hotel management are really grumpy and moaning around the pool area every morning, me and my partner have stayed at this hotel 3 times now but it is going right downhill now and there are staff issues every year they get some really good staff but they get rid of them every couple of weeks or months and change them and this is because they do not pay them the wages they owe them which is ridiculous as they are all struggling to make a living. There is loads of hotels much better than this one in the area I know because I go to hisaronu regularly and also stay other places we only went back here because friends were staying here and asked us to go but we will never stay again, also it is really hard to get any sleep at this hotel because there is always loads of noise from the bar and there,s always very rude and ruff people stay there who go back because nowhere else will tolerate them

Room Tip: I would go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bhowie190832

Travelers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed in the apartments, they were advertised as having pool/garden view and as having balcony/terrace, they actually look out on to the road and the balcony is not big enough to put a chair on. If you stand on the bed you can see the pool and garden. The rooms however do have good sized balconies. On the up side we had asked for twin beds and got a double so they offered us a family apartment. We wanted to stay in the apartment we were in so they put 2 single beds in for us. The cleaners were in every day and did a good job, the staff were all very friendly and always spoke to us when ever we saw them and we were not asked why we were not eating and drinking there. Will book to stay there next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tarka0
Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Welcomed in early hours of the morning by Naim whom was polite, friendly & helped carry cases when showing us to our rooms. The rooms were cleaned everyday, however could be updated. Aircon is an extra £20 per wk & work well. Beds are hard but ideal. The pool (chlorine) was very clean & had every tile in place & a felt strip round the pool (safety for children).
The staff were always friendly & would sit with you, read the local & world news to you. Music was always played by the pool (both Turkish & English). English breakfast was a delight & even told them how to make eggy bread which then got served when I required it. Yum Yum
This hotel is in 3 mins walk to all restaurants, bars, clubs & shops. A nice quiet & friendly place to stay. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inland are quieter than pool facing rooms & have a small balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank samanthasw
Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just got back from a 17 day holiday, wish we were still there. Room on ground floor very big so was bathroom,basic but it did have a tv and phone. Staff very helpful especially Levent who went above and beyond to make our stay pleasent and memorable nothing was too much trouble. Maids were lovely cleaned room everyday. Ideally situated very close to town but quiet, food excellent .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank susan c
United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice now. They also allow Turks to stay unlike some other hotels which is a bonus. First time in 2008 I was there I was b&b room very basic but clean. Only needed it as a base really. The breakfast was a Turkish breakfast with meats, cheese etc but you can buy an English breakfast for extra cost. 2nd time I stayed there I booked SC apartment as I had a baby with me. Wish I hadn't as they are all 2nd floor. Not good trying to get pushchair up them. I asked to be moved and was moved to a ground floor family room next door to reception. It was a large room and again clean as always. The cleaners and reception staff are very friendly. Only thing I would not do it eat there again unless included in price as there is no price on menu and was shocked at the price of a bread kebab-20tl when they are only 6tl in resort. After that I always ate out in one of the resort restaurants as much cheaper. Would stay here again though buy maybe when my child is older so that won't need pushchair to get up steps to apartment/rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Sam00180
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

When we landed in Dalaman we were told our hotel was closed for refurbishment and they had placed us in one with excatly the same star rating just a bit further down the strip.

Both young and intended as a girly holiday we knew how to respect rooms, and levels of noise so we didn't disturb or hinder anyone else's stay.

The hotel definitely needs a refurb urgently, rooms are very basic and need a bit of decor. No mirrors and one wardrobe between two. But we just seen it as a place to kip and was hoping not to spend much time here.

Shower was a joke, we had come back from a day out to see water seeping from under the bathroom door, when our neigbours used their shower it caused water to rise in ours, and the same when we used ours.

Jengar the guy on reception passed his email onto myself and asked me to email him my wherabouts later, which I obviously didn't do. That evening and early morning we recieved calls on our phone in the room, and when we answered they cut it off. At 3am I went to the reception and asked what was going on, to be told they were having some issues with their local provider and it wasn't just happening to us. The next day by the pool I went around and ask people if they had experienced the same, and funny enough it was just us. I was absolutely tamping.

We were treated very differently because we didn't spend much money in the hotel we chose to eat out and at different restaurants and we are glad we did. Because we were not spending money there, we were just frowned upon and not welcomed or appreciated at all.

We spent a few days by the pool, where water was continuously chucked over myself and my friend and ice, which for the first time is funny but it becomes too much. I was fully clothed for a night out, when I was pushed into the pool, with my bag ruining my iphone camera and lira. I was told I would be refunded and given money for the damage. they offered me 40 lira at the end of my stay which wouldn't fix or replace any. By this time I was ready for home.

When leaving the hotel we were asked to leave our keys at reception until our return but we trusted no one and kept our keys with us at all times.

Hisoranu is a lovely place, and we have returned at stayed at Pine Hills, which has the same rating as the Carmina, but it is literally no cfomparison...

I would avoid at all costs

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Abbie P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Tolay Hotel
#36 of 93 in Fethiye
Kilim Apart Hotel
Kilim Apart Hotel
#3 of 93 in Fethiye

Been to Carmina Hotel? Share your experiences!