“Friendly place, great value for money”
Review of Bahar

Bahar
Ranked #33 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in June and for about 350 quid each we got flights, transfers, a room that got cleaned every day, three meals and a between-meals snack each day and free drinks from the bar from 11am onwards. I'd say that's pretty good value.
The only bad reviews you will read on here will be from people who seem to think that 350 pounds should get you a jacuzzi in your room, a Michelin star restaurant and a choice of the finest ales known to man. Oh, and your own butler.
As long as you are a realist, and not the sort of person who turns their nose up at most foods, and are willing to accept that the free bar only provides one type of lager on tap (plus one white wine, one red, gin, vodka, whiskey, brandy and mixers including tonic, lemonade and pepsi) then you should enjoy the place.
This is a family-run place with friendly and, in my experience, helpful staff, and since it is a small hotel with the balconies of most rooms facing onto the pool, it is easy to get to know the other guests: we were lucky enough to meet some nice people and there was a good atmosphere around the place. Many of the guests ended up making new friends and going off into town or on excursions together.
Of course with budget hotels there will be some negatives, but anyone who pays as little as we did to come here and then gives it a bad review because their hair drier wasn't powerful enough or because there was a slightly cracked bathroom tile doesn't deserve to be listened to. If you yourself are that sort of person, then go ahead and avoid this place - your very absence will improve the stays of the other guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Robbo2000

Reviewed June 13, 2011

thanks to all the staff at the Bahar hotel. We stayed there for 2 weeks in May and had a brilliant time, the food was excellent and the rooms although a bit dated were spotless, clean towels everyday & beds changed every other day! The staff & owners were friendly & really helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Thanks again to a wonderful team who made our holiday special. Hope to see you all again soon xx

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jaytea56
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have just enjoyed a week at the Hotel Bahar and found it to be excellent.
Room was clean and en suite the same, with daily maid service it was a pleasant stay.
The All Inc: was limited in choice, but the Turkish style food was good.
Most guest we spoke to were pleased with the hotel .
Pool bar is open from 11am- to 11pm with breakfast, lunch, afernoon snacks and dinner 7,30- 9,30pm it suited us down to the ground. We reccommend this value for money holiday from Olympic Holidays.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool, yards from beach
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank photoman65
Reviewed June 13, 2011

After reading some of the reviews i was unsure of what to expect at the hotel. I neednt have worried as everything was great right from the moment of arrival. I had requested a high floor twin room with sea views and thats just what i got. The room was very clean and plenty of room, and the sheets and towels were changed every day. The food in the restaurant was excellent we never had the same main course twice in our weeks stay. There was always a selection of salads and meze, soup and lots of fresh bread. The staff went out of there way to be pleasant and they looked after us very well. The wine was also good and even though the drinks were in plastic cups due to the bar being round the pool it still didnt spoil it. I found the measures good and all the mixers were pepsi cola and schwepes tonic ect which was great and they even supplied diet versions. The barman Parish was the only negative thing i can report as he was very moody and sometimes couldnt be bothered to serve you, it was obviouse he didnt like his job and he was always complaining about the long hours he worked. But on the last day he was moved to the front coktail bar and there was a much better mood.I have stayed in many places and have worked in travel visiting different hotels over the years and i think the owners manage this hotel very well. Yes there were ones that moaned and didnt enjoy it but if you like turkish food and a small personal hotel you wont be disapointed. I would deffinately recomend it to anyone keep up the good work.

7  Thank chinkynorthofengland
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just returned from a weeks holiday with my mother in law and sister in law and can honestly cannot praise it enough,
we only booked two weeks before and were not expecting much due to the bargain price we paid, but WOW! we were so surprised at what we got!
ok, not agreat deal of choice of food, having said that what ther was, was allways very nice.
our room was large, clean sheets and towels every day and a great view from our balcony.
we had air con in our room which was inclusive of the cost of the holiday.
all in all i would recomend this hotel and will return ourselves.

6  Thank donnapenfold
Reviewed June 11, 2011

What a smashing wee hotel to stay at. Simple but very clean and comfortable. Spent a week all inclusive and definitely worth the price. Rooms were a good size, food great, plenty of freshly made salads and meat dishes, did not have one bad meal the whole holiday. However, if you are after fry ups, beefburgers and chips then, sadly this place is not for you. Staff were very helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough to make my stay happy. Good pool and sunbathing area although the hotel is only 30 seconds away to the beach!
It's right on the promenade and the front bar is great for watching the sun go down, the best sunsets I have ever seen!
If you ger fed up sunbathing there are lots of trips to take. I would thouroughly recommend the Salikent Gorge trip and paragliding, if you dare, absolutely breathtaking! Not too keen on the 12 island trip 7hrs on a boat was a bit much, next time I would go for the sunset sail.
For a quietish holiday this was ideal and I would love to go back next year.
Was very happy with the whole holiday package, thanks Olympic Holidays!!
I went as a solo traveller and I must admit I was a bit apprehensive of going on my own and my safety. I need not have worried, at no time during the whole holiday did I feel in any way unsafe, however, you still need to follow all the safety rules as you would back home. Because the hotel is small, the staff get to know you quickly and I always made sure I told someone where I was going and when I would be back.
Next to the hotel is a little mini market and one of the stalls is a money exchange. Check them out first as he was giving a better deal (no commission) than the banks!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Eileen98
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Having recently returned from a weeks holiday at the Bahar hotel I was extremely impressed and believe that the hotel is a great value for money budget hotel.

Having initially booked for Tunisia and then changing the holiday due to the civil unrest, I picked the Bahar having trawled through what felt like hundreds of hotels on trip advisor. Although the hotel looked ok I didn't expect it to be as good as it was for the money paid.

I had a week on all inclusive with my mother and grandparents. The hotel is extremely clean, and although the rooms are a little dated you couldn't have asked for more. The food was excellent and very well made. However there wasn't a huge amount of choice but I never struggled. I must say though that the cuisine is a blend of Turkish, Mediterranean and European, so if you are more of a full English breakfast person you may not always enjoy it. Nevertheless the location is excellent with a wide choice of restaurants on the doorstep.

I'm not sure this is the best hotel for young children as there isn't a lot to do for them but if you are looking for a relaxing break in an immaculately clean hotel with a good choice of food and drink in a great location for the right money, this is definitely the hotel for you.

I will definitely be returning this time next year.

4  Thank Glen_Gill_Lockett