“Good base for holiday”
Review of Golden Moon Hotel

Golden Moon Hotel
Ranked #6 of 97 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Great location: 2 minutes to the shops, water taxi, beach. and restaurants. A good flat walk along the promenade. Hotel staff friendly & polite. Rooms clean & adequate - we had pool & sea view & would request this again if on a return trip.
Loved the pool: clean & big enough for a good swim; also a childrens pool. Sunbeds & mattresses available but no towel hire service. We went at a quiet time so no sunbed reservations by early risers with beach towels!
I understand that there is normally a good buffet at breakfast & dinner but since we were there at a quiet time breakfast was limited and no choice at dinner. However, dinner was always well cooked and tasty.
Would definitely return.

Room Tip: No lift so request 1st floor with young children
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Horsek

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked Golden Moon as it was going to be a base whilst I visited family in the area. The hotel was brilliant, my grandkids loved it there. All the staff were friendly and Hilda on reception made our holiday with her happy smile. The pool was just right and the area is central for everything with the water taxis just down the road, the road taxis close by and the Dolmus station a short walk away. If you want a good meal at a decent price, visit Nil Bar on the sea front, Angel and her staff are very welcoming and the food is amazing. My grandkids loved the towel animals that the maid left for them every day and we will definitely be returning to Golden Moon next year.

Room Tip: don't choose a room overlooking the pool if you want quiet, there is a disco up the road that ca...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

this is a good 3* hotel.
- pool is nice and the three kids we holidays with enjoyed it
- there is a decent children's pool
- rooms are clean, spacious and modern
- hotel was quiet
- food from snack bar good but a little expensive
- breakfast, limited but nice. toast, cerial, boiled eggs, ham and cheese are the norm

Overall good stay, would only offer these suggestions as improvements
- more sunbeds around pool
- bar staff could have been more friendly

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay_Shaun
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been visiting this hotel on different occasions over the last 6 years and I can honestly say i am never diappointed. The hotel and staff are fantastic and make you feel most welcome. The rooms are a little basic but they are perfectly suitable and the majority I have stayed in have a lovely view, even if not the sea, the river is a nice view to wake up to. The breakfast is standard Turkish breakfast (meat, bread and eggs) but it is all fresh and nice for a little morning snack. The food that is served in both the bar and restaurant of the Golden Moon is outstanding (Specifically the chicken kiev) I have tasted many of the evening dishes and they are all wonderful and there is plenty of it. As i said, I cannot praise it enough! Cant wait to visit again this summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mands88
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 15th june 2012 for my sisters 50th birthday, prior to arriving i rung the hotel and asked them if they could order me a cake for my sister, we were arriving at midnight so my expectations were...i hope they understood what i wanted ? On our arrival at midnight we were given a lovely welcome, the lovely young girl on reception had done a banner over the bar with happy birthay on and balloons!!!! they then brought the cake out with candles and we all sang to my sister....they made it so special, i would never have got that in spain ! The hotel is one st bk from the beach so it was lovely to have the choice. the pool at the hotel was very clean and the gardener works very hard every day to keep standards high...the rooms are basic but very clean and no extra charge for air con, which we needed in june. The breakfast is turkish buffet, lots of fresh bread cheeses, cereals, hams, fruit, eggs, omelette, cakes, a real change from usual english crap, you can buy lunch or dinner at the hotel which we thought was very reasonable price the cook made wonderfull food..Because it is a small hotel 30 rooms, we got to know nearly everyone there making some lovely friends that were retired and choose this hotel 3 times a year !!! because it is such a friendly hotel all round...lots of shops and cafes literaly 200yards away on the main st, but quiet enough to not hear noise,,Please go to the boats and book with them on the bridge as they own a co-operative on the boats and it means everyone who works the boats get a share of the takings that day, ask if you can book on boraks boat !! we went with him and his wife fatima and son, we went out with them twice and went on a lovely boat trip where boraks wife made turkish food for 11 of us, it was out of this world food, she was amazing, hence we went twice as it was so hot, the boat journey gave us a great tan ! as it was too hot to lay in it, the second boat trip we had sea bream barbequed on boat, to die for..we had so much fun on boraks boat, we cant wait to return,..they are the loveliest friendliest people are the turkish, Dont leave without visiting the fethiye market, bargains galore and a must to see how big it is, go on taxi boat its about 3pound english accross the bay welcome breeze lol,,you will def love this hotel if you like small but good company and not rowdy,,well done golden moon you made our holiday wonderfull.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet, if u want a pool view you need to bk
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RYTONCANDJ
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with friends for 2 weeks. The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh bedding n towels, the maids were always smiling and cheerful!
The rest of the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them, always happy to help. We really enjoyed our stay there and decided to re book to stay there again next year. Then the real test of the hotel staff came......... On our last day my fiancé was rushed into hospital with what became a life threatening illness. I can not praise the staff and owners enough for all their care, support and help. The rest of our party returned to the UK which left me alone to travel to and from the hospital on a daily basis, the staff were wonderful and assured me I could stay thee as long as I needed. The owners even said that if the hotel became full I could stay at their home, what a caring gesture!
When my fiancé was discharged after major surgery, he had to recoup at the hotel for a week before being transfers to a UK hospital. Everyone was so caring and went out of their way to make everything perfect for us. Alkham even brought a shawl to make sure he was warm whilst having his evening meal.
We are returning to Calis next year to get married and will defiantly be staying at The Golden Moon Hotel.
What a wonderful place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Marie M
Reviewed October 17, 2012

we loved our stay at the golden moon rooms cleaned daily breakfast was plentiful right near the beach and shops restaurants and bars weather was lovely and warm in october we stayed at the hotel with our friends who married in turkey which was magical i would stay here again but would bring a travel kettle missed my cups of coffee ,

Room Tip: pool and sea view room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends