“one of the best holidays”
Review of Oykun Hotel

and 1 more site!
Oykun Hotel
Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Decided to go away with my boyfriend and booked last minute so there wasnt much available but we decided on Turkey as it was cheap, however we didnt know what to expect because people have always said Turkey is dirty and not a nice place for a holiday. They were wrong!

We arrived late but the next day we went out in the evening and had an amazing night at the bar B52 - if you go here and your young, GO TO THIS BAR. The barmen and the man who owns is are absolutely lovely and great to hang out with - every night they have either breakdancers, latin dancers, foam party, fire eating etc.. we went every single night and stayed up til 6am with everyone that worked there and a few friends we made there. So much fun, miss it so much, best bar ever.

The hotel is a 3 star and I havent stayed in many 3 stars before but I was expecting something not that great but the hotel was like a 4 star. It was clean, not that big but a nice size, peaceful, lovely helpful and friendly staff, lovely food, nice rooms and nice pool area. We stayed in the new block which was really nice, the rooms were basic but not too small with quite a lot of room. The only problem was a lot of the things in the room broke easily, we managed to break the towel rack the first night and the lock on the balcony door the second night and almost broke the shelf in the bathroom. It sounds like a bad room from me saying that but honestly it wasnt! The pool area was peaceful but get a sunbed earlier in the day if its busy because when we woke up late there were hardly any left. We had half board but ate out twice, the food in the hotel was good - breakfast was basic but dinner was lovely, it was turkish food not english food - exactly what i wanted! The bar by the pool sells food and drink all day and night at a reasonable price. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in this area in turkey, there were older people and children but I'm 18 in two weeks and this was ideal. If you book this hotel dont book it though a rep - we booked through thomson and it was rather cheap but the people we met there booked it though the hotel and it was so much cheaper.

The area was nice with plently of trips to take - we took the fishing trip with friends we made there which was great. They serve you a massive turkish lunch - salads and a bbq which was delicious and you stop of at various beautiful places to go swimming and fish - some places had clear beautiful water and were great to swim in. Calis beach is dirty and I didnt like it but we heard Olu Deniz has amazing beaches which is 10mins away, we didnt go but the trip on the boat did it for us.

basically.. go here on holiday!

1  Thank LHB13

Reviewed June 25, 2009

Just back from 14 nights at Hotel Oykun room 2306 , this is a remarkable small family owned / run hotel, so clean, so nice, 2 very good pools, very good food ,very nice rooms, most of the staff have been there a long time eg goldie memhet ronaldo freddie and the maids to name just a few , and we met many repeat clients who return year after year,
in our opinion Hotel Oykun is a little gem.

Olga & Ron Lindsey
Romsey hampshire

Reviewed June 24, 2009

just got back from a 2 week fantastic holiday at oykun hotel everyone very friendly treat you like family ...pool fab cleaned regular ,,rooms and restaurant fantastic clean good value for money ......bed changed every other day towels every day ....ma and pa oykun always at hand to help friendly warm reception to all guests goldie is fab on reception booking up to go again for sept and 2 weeks june next year been all over turkey but the oykun at calis beach the best by far see you soon guys at the oykun guesta return year after year real good deal with thomsons b&b for 2 weeks £620.00 booked 8 months in advance ..........................

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharonandkevfarley
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Well what can I say. this is the 3rd time we have been here and everything is just as good as ever!
The staff are brilliant - they all remembered us even though it was 2 yrs since we last went. They greeted us off the bus with hugs and kisses - just like you are part of the family.
We had a lovely room overlooking the main pool with a nice sized balcony . This was in the old block
with a nice bathroom with bath with shower over.
The only thing I could complain about this time was the last lot of bedsheets we had were the stretchy jersey type and hardly fitted the beds ,and were also a bit holey in parts but so what nothing major and you aren't in them long! Also I think its time they invested in some more bath towels!
The breakfasts were good with plenty of choice ( much more than last time) but can't comment on the other meals as we were B&B.
Calis is a lovely place with lots of good restaurants.We had some lovely meals at lots of them . The new Italian was lovely - apparently they've taken the chef from Bella Mamas and alot of staff at the different restaurants remembered us from before. They just can't do enough for you at most of them. The Indian is also very good although its changed position and name since las time.
The only one we didn't get good service at was the Boston and would avoid like the plague. We had both got starters - my husband finished his first and they whisked his plate away , I was only half way through mine and they plonked his main course down in front of him . He pointed out that I hadn't even finished and we both intended to eat together - they were'nt very happy and insisted he had his then.Mine eventually turned up way after I'd finished the starter (by which time my husbands was nearly cold) Mine wasn't even what I'd ordered and when I mentioned it the waiter he said it wasn't his fault as he didn't take the order. There was no apology or anything all night. We don't normally complain but felt we were justified that night so consequently they didn't get a tip and will never go there again.
Freddie from the bar organised us some sandwiches for the airport on the morning we left which was a good idea as the prices there are extortionate.
You can still take liquids into the airport with you so we took a bottle of water with us too.
We shall be definately going again next year but either earlier or in September as it was too hot for us this time. The temps were in the 40's most days which is a bit too hot for us.Apparently they were exessive temps for June and don't expect those sort of temps till into July.
We went on a boat trip from the canal one day and you got a lovely breeze so didn't feel as hot and we went swimming into the bays they anchored up in and had a lovely bbq at lunchtime on the boat.
When it was time to go all the staff were there again for the hugs and kisses and waved us all off to the airport.
If anyone wants to know anything else please feel free to PM me.

Reviewed June 18, 2009

Oykun Hotel is in a great location, it is extremely clean and well staffed. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Calis Bay itself is buzzing with restaurants and cafes and the seafront is spectacular with fabulous sunsets over the bay in the evening. We sat in a restaurant one evening and watched dolphins swimming in the bay - it was amazing..
The water taxis to Fethiye are both cheap, running every 30 minutes, and a very pleasant way to travel. The markets are fantastic and the tombs in Fethiye are a must.
We had a fabulous holiday, would definitely go again and I would be happy to recommend the hotel to any of my friends.

1  Thank SheffieldSasha
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Oykun, our first time in Turkey and we were very impressed. The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived and all came to wave us goodbye on the last day. The location was excellent, close to the main promenade were the majority of restaurants are located. Thanks again to Goldie, Freddie, Mehmet, Tolga and Kaan for making a great holiday.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Technical_Tim
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I have just spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the Oykun Hotel in Calis Beach. I travelled with my husband 4 year old and 1 year old. We arrived late at night very tired. The receptionist was very friendly and made check in as smooth as could be for us. As we went to the rooms we were hit by the loviest smell which I discovered the next day to be scents from all the flowers dotted around. The room was larger than expected (after all we paid a ridiculously small amount for this holiday) so the room accomodated us all very comfortably. The bathroom was very small but hey just how much time do spend in there anyway. The only downside was there was no view and the balcony was so small you could only just get one chair outside so there was no sitting together! I will say they put us in the quietest part of the hotel. If this was deliberate on their part taking into account we had children then it was much appreiciated. Not once were we disturbed. In fact our room was wonderfully quiet. I noticed some of the other rooms had much better balconies but we weren't complaining - we enjoyed the peace and quiet! The standard of cleanliness was very high. Communal areas were relaxing. The pools were clean and pleasant, though I do wish people wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to claim sun beds! Having said that, there were beds aplenty and not once did we find that we couldn't get one. Every sunbed is in an attractive setting, either around the pool or set back on the lawn. There are two children pools, which are warm and clean and fun. The bar is a cheerful place and the bar staff are great. The food is good too. Oh yes I haven't mentioned breakfast. What a treat each morning. So much choice - omlettes cooked to order choice of cereals, lovely cakes, as much tea and coffee as you want, fresh and dried fruits the list goes on no wonder I have put on two dress sizes!! Goldie on reception is so professional always knowing just who you are and very helpful. I had a Turkish bath at the Oykun. That was really good and a reasonable price. Another plus is that you can hire a fridge and safe, which came in useful. These are not cheap but remember we paid a really low price for the holiday so didn't mind this extra cost. I would have liked to use cards and have a bar tab but each drink and meal has to be paid for there and then and no cards are accepted. I've never heard of an hotel that doesn't accept cards - a bit strange but if it keeps their costs down then so be it! It's just a short walk to bars and restaurants - you are really spoilt for choice. A short stroll to water taxis to Fethiye what a way to travel just lovely. And then you reach the seafront. The views from the beach front are breathtakingly beautiful especially at sunset. The sea is a little rough and I don't think it is safe for very young children and not sand. My two still enjoyed themselves digging the pebbles. At the far end of the beach there is a restaurant bar with a great play area for kids. There is also a little play area at the Oykun, which my two enjoyed. The staff were brilliant. Special mention to Freddie great guy who took a shine to my 1 year old - kept calling him Tom even though his name is Joel! Lots of high fives! Just made the experience that much more enjoyable. We went on lots of Thomson trips and loved every one. Dalyan is wonderful as is the Blue Lagoon at Olu Deniz. Myra and Kevkova did involve lots of travelling. The sun cruise was really fantastic and the truck safaris were interesting. Overall a fantastic holiday in lovely high quality 3 star hotel in a friendly laid back resort.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family