“Brilliant once again!!”

and 1 more site!
Oykun Hotel
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Well what can I say. this is the 3rd time we have been here and everything is just as good as ever!
The staff are brilliant - they all remembered us even though it was 2 yrs since we last went. They greeted us off the bus with hugs and kisses - just like you are part of the family.
We had a lovely room overlooking the main pool with a nice sized balcony . This was in the old block
with a nice bathroom with bath with shower over.
The only thing I could complain about this time was the last lot of bedsheets we had were the stretchy jersey type and hardly fitted the beds ,and were also a bit holey in parts but so what nothing major and you aren't in them long! Also I think its time they invested in some more bath towels!
The breakfasts were good with plenty of choice ( much more than last time) but can't comment on the other meals as we were B&B.
Calis is a lovely place with lots of good restaurants.We had some lovely meals at lots of them . The new Italian was lovely - apparently they've taken the chef from Bella Mamas and alot of staff at the different restaurants remembered us from before. They just can't do enough for you at most of them. The Indian is also very good although its changed position and name since las time.
The only one we didn't get good service at was the Boston and would avoid like the plague. We had both got starters - my husband finished his first and they whisked his plate away , I was only half way through mine and they plonked his main course down in front of him . He pointed out that I hadn't even finished and we both intended to eat together - they were'nt very happy and insisted he had his then.Mine eventually turned up way after I'd finished the starter (by which time my husbands was nearly cold) Mine wasn't even what I'd ordered and when I mentioned it the waiter he said it wasn't his fault as he didn't take the order. There was no apology or anything all night. We don't normally complain but felt we were justified that night so consequently they didn't get a tip and will never go there again.
Freddie from the bar organised us some sandwiches for the airport on the morning we left which was a good idea as the prices there are extortionate.
You can still take liquids into the airport with you so we took a bottle of water with us too.
We shall be definately going again next year but either earlier or in September as it was too hot for us this time. The temps were in the 40's most days which is a bit too hot for us.Apparently they were exessive temps for June and don't expect those sort of temps till into July.
We went on a boat trip from the canal one day and you got a lovely breeze so didn't feel as hot and we went swimming into the bays they anchored up in and had a lovely bbq at lunchtime on the boat.
When it was time to go all the staff were there again for the hugs and kisses and waved us all off to the airport.
If anyone wants to know anything else please feel free to PM me.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2009

Oykun Hotel is in a great location, it is extremely clean and well staffed. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Calis Bay itself is buzzing with restaurants and cafes and the seafront is spectacular with fabulous sunsets over the bay in the evening. We sat in a restaurant one evening and watched dolphins swimming in the bay - it was amazing..
The water taxis to Fethiye are both cheap, running every 30 minutes, and a very pleasant way to travel. The markets are fantastic and the tombs in Fethiye are a must.
We had a fabulous holiday, would definitely go again and I would be happy to recommend the hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SheffieldSasha
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Oykun, our first time in Turkey and we were very impressed. The staff were excellent from the moment we arrived and all came to wave us goodbye on the last day. The location was excellent, close to the main promenade were the majority of restaurants are located. Thanks again to Goldie, Freddie, Mehmet, Tolga and Kaan for making a great holiday.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Technical_Tim
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I have just spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the Oykun Hotel in Calis Beach. I travelled with my husband 4 year old and 1 year old. We arrived late at night very tired. The receptionist was very friendly and made check in as smooth as could be for us. As we went to the rooms we were hit by the loviest smell which I discovered the next day to be scents from all the flowers dotted around. The room was larger than expected (after all we paid a ridiculously small amount for this holiday) so the room accomodated us all very comfortably. The bathroom was very small but hey just how much time do spend in there anyway. The only downside was there was no view and the balcony was so small you could only just get one chair outside so there was no sitting together! I will say they put us in the quietest part of the hotel. If this was deliberate on their part taking into account we had children then it was much appreiciated. Not once were we disturbed. In fact our room was wonderfully quiet. I noticed some of the other rooms had much better balconies but we weren't complaining - we enjoyed the peace and quiet! The standard of cleanliness was very high. Communal areas were relaxing. The pools were clean and pleasant, though I do wish people wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to claim sun beds! Having said that, there were beds aplenty and not once did we find that we couldn't get one. Every sunbed is in an attractive setting, either around the pool or set back on the lawn. There are two children pools, which are warm and clean and fun. The bar is a cheerful place and the bar staff are great. The food is good too. Oh yes I haven't mentioned breakfast. What a treat each morning. So much choice - omlettes cooked to order choice of cereals, lovely cakes, as much tea and coffee as you want, fresh and dried fruits the list goes on no wonder I have put on two dress sizes!! Goldie on reception is so professional always knowing just who you are and very helpful. I had a Turkish bath at the Oykun. That was really good and a reasonable price. Another plus is that you can hire a fridge and safe, which came in useful. These are not cheap but remember we paid a really low price for the holiday so didn't mind this extra cost. I would have liked to use cards and have a bar tab but each drink and meal has to be paid for there and then and no cards are accepted. I've never heard of an hotel that doesn't accept cards - a bit strange but if it keeps their costs down then so be it! It's just a short walk to bars and restaurants - you are really spoilt for choice. A short stroll to water taxis to Fethiye what a way to travel just lovely. And then you reach the seafront. The views from the beach front are breathtakingly beautiful especially at sunset. The sea is a little rough and I don't think it is safe for very young children and not sand. My two still enjoyed themselves digging the pebbles. At the far end of the beach there is a restaurant bar with a great play area for kids. There is also a little play area at the Oykun, which my two enjoyed. The staff were brilliant. Special mention to Freddie great guy who took a shine to my 1 year old - kept calling him Tom even though his name is Joel! Lots of high fives! Just made the experience that much more enjoyable. We went on lots of Thomson trips and loved every one. Dalyan is wonderful as is the Blue Lagoon at Olu Deniz. Myra and Kevkova did involve lots of travelling. The sun cruise was really fantastic and the truck safaris were interesting. Overall a fantastic holiday in lovely high quality 3 star hotel in a friendly laid back resort.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank CumbrianCamelLover
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Found the Oykun in 2007 and loved it so much that for the first time ever we went back to the same hotel in 2008. Going back again in 2009.

I book both holidays directly with Oykun. Fast and friendly responses to emails. No problem to change bookings when my flights were changed either! We also booked our transfer from Dalaman through Oykun - can't tell you how good it is when you arrive in the middle of the night to not have to wait on a tour operator bus. Transfers clean and very comfortable.

Check in at the hotel is fast and the emphasis is getting you to your room to get some sleep. The boys take your luggage to your room for you and leave all the paperwork till the next morning.

Breakfasts are great, fresh eggs cooked differently every day, selection of fruit, breads, jams, meat and cheeses. No one rushing you to finish - all very chilled.

Pools are clean and well maintained. Kids absolutely love them. There are a selection of floats at each pool left over from previous guests - no bursting them like in other resorts/hotels to make you buy new ones!

There is a pool table and table tennis - great for the kids to get out of the sun for a wee while.

Staff are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble for them.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, cleaned every day to a high standard.

Turkish bath also wonderful and yes, you do get a better tan and it lasts for longer if you have one at the start of your holiday. Would recommend!

The Turkish night was fun, food was good and laughed a lot at some of the entertainment.

The hotel is about a five minute walk from the main strip and beach. Yes it is close to the main road (but not on it) but i can honestly say that you don't notice any noise. Last year there was a part build building next door but that happens when a small popular resort is growing. There is no construction in the resort during the tourist season, so although there could have been a better view you aren't subjected to building noise during your holiday.

This is a fantastic small hotel. I would recommend it to anyone if you are looking for a comfortable hotel where the staff will do their best to make sure that you get the most out of your holiday.

Can't wait till July and thinking about going back in 2010!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank m495
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at The Hotel Oykun in May and had a very good time The Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Though the bathroom was a tight squeeze. We were on a B&B basis which was continental, we had Pancakes one day which were very nice. The owners were often around, very friendly, as were the staff, particularly Goldie, Kaan and Ali. We were a little further from the beach than I expected but still only a 5/6 Minute walk. The Dalmus or the River Taxis were a good way to see Fethiye and surrounding area. I highly recommend The Hotel Oykun.

1  Thank happytripper7
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We have just returned from the Oykun & had a fantastic time. The hotel is very clean & the staff very friendly nothing is too much trouble. There are two swimming pools which were lovely & there were plenty of sunbeds & shades. The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. We were on a B & B basis and the breakfasts were very tasty & with a large choice. We arrived late at night but the booking in procedure was swift & our bags were taken to our room immediately. The bar staff (Ali & Kaan) make the evenings such fun. We have never been to such a happy hotel as this one!
When its time to leave the owner, his wife and the staff wave you off.
While you are staying at this hotel you must try the Turkish bath it was heaven
Can't wait to go back.