“Best fish and Chips in Calis”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of VOJO restaurant - CLOSED

VOJO restaurant
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fethiye, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fish and Chips in Calis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I don't often recommend a restaurant. But felt I wanted to give credit where credit is due.This is the first opportunity that we have had to have a meal at vojo's. I had heard a lot of good comments about the Fish and chips at vojo's, so, thought I would go along and see for myself, if it was as good as people have said. Yes is was, in fact it was very good, it came with a small portion of tartar sauce and small portion of mushy peas, which my better half said was to small, but was big enough for me, as I'm not that fond of mushy peas, Chips were good, homemade, not frozen, which is to often the case these days. Now onto the fish, it was BIG, in fact it hung off the plate, it was nice and chunky, with a good crispy batter. I could not eat all my fish, it was to much for me ( happy cats), but hubbie managed to clear his plate. We both agreed, that it was the best Fish and chips we have had in Calis. They also sell Segafredo coffee :), which is one of Italy's best coffee brands, not seen it anywhere else in the area.

Service was good, served by a waiter called ODDJOB!, can you belive. I was allowed to taste the wine before making a dicision on it, beer was only 5 tl, which made hubbie happy, but was told that it would be going up to 6tl, maybe.

Will be going back to try other dish's on the menu, got my eye on the curry dish's listed on the menu. Thank you for a good evening and a very good meal. Well done VOJO's.

• Turkish first
“Best up and coming restaurant in Cailis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Front of house staff are excellent. Very welcoming and not pushy in the slightest. Owners are approachable and extremely helpful.
Food is really tasty. The menu has a good variety. The father in law had the best fish n chips he's tasted for a long time. They make a Scottish breakfast and the home made tattie scones are the business ( cannot forget the square sausage as well, a taste of home).
The bar staff make a mean cocktail (tesekkur)
All in all a brilliant restaurant, will definitely be back.

1 Thank Pam Kerrzo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“VOJO Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a fantastic place and was made to feel really welcome being on my own
The food was the best i had in my 9 days in Calis
They made everyone really welcome and called in several times in the afternoon for a nice cold beer
Prices were fantastic for the quality and would recommend this place to anyone
I wish them all the best and will be back to see them in October

1 Thank Susie M
“The best place in calis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Ive never been one to go t calis but by chance we met up with a few friends at vojos and we kept going back since ,, all because of 1.the people that work/run there and the quality of the food and drinks. ive never felt so welcome and at home as i do at vojos its a place that has definately got to be visited you wouldnt want to go anywhere else :))

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SteviGJ
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, service and friendliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went to Vojo's a few times and always found them friendly and attentive. We asked if they had traditional Turkish soup on the menu which they didn't. But the next night, their chefs had made some especially for us and it was delicious. They go the extra mile. It's a family run restaurant and hotel, but we didn't see the hotel side. If their accommodation matches their food, then I would have no hesitation in booking there. It's a lovely view looking over the sea and the sunsets can be spectacular.