“Be careful which restaurant you eat at- Avoid Cem and Can's”

Fethiye Fish Market
Ranked #7 of 424 Restaurants in Fethiye
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Be careful which restaurant you eat at- Avoid Cem and Can's”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The set up here is marvellous. You go to the fish stalls and choose your fish and then it is taken immediately to one of the surrounding restaurants where it is cooked for you. You cant get much fresher. Do NOT eat at Cem and Cans. (Pronouced Jem and Jan's). For the first time, after several visits to Fethiye, I was ripped off. The service was atrocious. They clearly lost my sons squid. We were asked to move table. Several other groups were served before us. When we did complain the restaurateur blamed the quality of the fish. It was overcooked. Simple as that. In fact it was inedible. As a woman on my own with my son I felt that I couldn't refuse to pay (altho I had already paid for the fish), not knowing the policy of such situations in Turkey. I didnt tip. When we left the restaurant the fish monger asked me how our meal was. As soon as I opened my mouth the owner of the restaurant was over, like a shot. Unfortunately he didnt realise that I speak enough Turkish to recognise that he was saying I was a difficult customer. Be warned. It was a huge disappointment. I would have marked this as Terrible, but the atmosphere whilst choosing the fish is enjoyable and I am certain that not all the restaurants are as dire as this was.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Try Reis restaurant with your fish!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great experience if you like fish or seafood! It can be a bit intimidating when all the fish sellers are calling to you but just be a little rude and have a look at the goods then make your own choice! Turn your back on then if like us you need time to think! We took our prawns and fish to Reis restaurant who made a magical meal for us! The prawns were cooked in chilli and garlic and were to die for! Their homemade chips are amazing! The Poofy (yes Poofy!) bread was enough to make you break any diet! The mezze was lovely. Great night out and less than £20 per head! Phew!!

Visited September 2013
Marmaris, Turkey
“Visit the Fish Market”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Buy your fish or meat fresh and let the restaurant cook it for you. You can choose mezes & vegetable to accompany your meal. Wine, beer or Raki whichever you prefer and enjoy teh great atmosphere

Visited August 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“appalling smell”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

visited the fethiye fish market but quite how people manage to eat here is beyond me . the place smells terribly and the place is packed . I don't suppose anybody would wait for a table at either Fleetwood or Grimsby fish market so why here?

1 Thank bda061
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Be careful, bad experience here.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited the fish market after so many good reviews, however please be careful. The fish stalls are linked to the restaurants so are in cahoots with each other. Even though half of our fish arrived,the sea bass we paid a lot of money for NEVER did. If the owner of the eatery is named Boris,then please do yourself a favour and move to another place to eat.

We waited nearly 45 mins for our fish, even though some arrived, the sea bass we bought for 4 people never did. After complaining to Boris, he brought out a snapper which was a quarter of the size of the sea bass ordered. After more complaining he disowned all responsibility and said in was the fish stalls fault - therefore we complained to the fish stalls and showed him the meal,which in fairness he agreed was not what we paid for.

Strongly suggest if you buy fish, wait until they clean and give in to you directly. You can hand this to the restaraunt therefore they own the responsibility of cooking and you know it's in their hands.

It is a great experience, but be careful.

1 Thank Steve T