“I originally from Turkey who lives in...”
Review of Ozsut

Ozsut
Ranked #11 of 13 Dessert in Fethiye
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I originally from Turkey who lives in...”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I originally from Turkey who lives in USA. Therefore, I am familiar with both the Turkish (various cakes, dairy deserts, such as Sutlac) and American deserts sucu as cheesecake. I ordered a choclate cheesecake, wheras my wife ordered decaf capichino. The cheesecake was absolutely hurrendous with a very gelatiny texture. I took two bites and sent it back and asked a choclate cake instead, which was equally bad. I didn't want to make too much fuss, left the half of the cake ( it was that bad ) and asked for the bill. When they charged for both deserts , I complained. The headwaitress came and started arguing with me, that he had to charge me for it because he could not sell the half eaten cake (!!!). I thought he was joking, but he was not. He also told me that another person had ordered the same cheesecake and that they had no complaints, therefore there could not be anything wrong with the cheesecake. The argument started to escalate despite my explanation to him that the issue no longer was the cheesecake but his attitude toward the clients. He was extremely disrespectful. My wife, an American, was in disbelief, as she us Normally used to great turkish hospitality. The headwaiter asked me to fill out a complaint form, read my complaint, and started arguing again that my complain on wrong texture and what appeared to be artificial ingredients was not a valid argument. After another 5-10 minutes of argument another customer chimed in complaining that his desert (a kazandibi) also tasted strange, possible stale. after further arguments, I told him that 6 liras ($4) would neither make me Amy poorer, nor would make him any richer, and on the grounds of the principal I would not pay the cheesecake. The headwaiter finally gave up and refunded the 6 liras. All in all he argued for over 15 minutes, during which I asked to talk to the manager that he said had already left. In short, this was the single worst desert / cafe experience I have ever had in my 30 years of travels to Turkey.

1 Thank Drhamso

• Turkish first
Wimborne, Dorset
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Fantastic cakes, lovely ice cream and a great location.

west yorks
“Cakes to die for!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We called in here on our day in Fethiye as i had seen it mentioned on one

of the reports on Trip advisor. They specialise in cold drinks and cakes. Loads

of different cakes to choose from and you get really big pieces. They do various

drinks but specialise in these fruit flavoured ice cream drinks which are delicious!

Not a cheap refreshment stop as we paid 30 TYL for two pieces of cake with ice cream,

two drinks and a bottle of water, but it was well worth it. It's on the harbour right at the

near the marina so it's a great place to sit and watch the world go by. Can't wait for Oct

to back and try a different piece of cake!!