“good location”

Yacht Classic Hotel
Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed December 11, 2008

Good location but far too noisy from the mosque and there was never any juice provided at breakfast. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank littlereddevilag
There are newer reviews for Yacht Classic Hotel

Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed at the Yacht Plaza for 2 weeks in October, having enjoyed a stay there 3 years ago. Although the hotel and town were in end of season mode, the weather was great and the hotel ,with its wonderful outlook over Fethiye bay and central location, made us very welcome. The shoreside restaurant and decking plus small marina and attractive reception/bar area and poolside bar are all very pleasant.
Sadly the rooms, good size, if ours is anything to go by, just need a bit of a makeover. They are clean but the fittings are a bit tired. Beds are firm but sitting on the small balcony, looking across the bay, day or night, more than makes up for any shortcomings.
Fethiye is a working town so there are plenty of things going on, other than the tourist traps.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Horace1408
Reviewed October 16, 2008

We only stayed here for 2 nights but it was lovely. We moved here from another hotel and it was worth every money. The location was perfect 5 minute walk into town. The view from our balcony was superb. The pool area was lovely and staff friendly. The food on the waterside restaurant was nice too. I would definately recommend staying here!!!
Check out the mod bar next to the Ece Saray we had a nice lunch here and the Arenas restaurant in town was beautiful food too. There is a tapas bar on the way into town on the right hand side up on the first floor cant remember the name (maybe Sobe) but its the best tapas we have ever had..worth the extra lira..

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kezzles
Reviewed October 6, 2008

The hotel was lovely, good sized rooms and the rooms at the back overlook the sea, absolutely beautiful.

Having sampled food in the town, we decided that the Yacht Plaza had the best evening meals with a wonderful view, down at the edge of the harbour.

Mustafa was a gem, nothing was too much trouble but he worked far too many hours.

We too were quoted one price and asked to pay a higher one on arrival by Batu. It wasn't a huge amount and we were prepared to pay as we felt it wasstill very reasonably priced.

I must admit, i didn't have one decent night's sleep as the Imam at the mosque across the road started his call to prayer at 5.15am. As it was Ramadan, there was extra activity throghout the night.

The only other downside were the other British guests who left their towels on the sunbeds at a ridiculously early hour, went off for the morning or the day and complained when 'their' beds and towels had been moved when they returned!

We enjoyed a cruise around the 12 islands. 'Happy Days' was a super boat to go on with a hard working family running the trip. Ephesus and Pamukkale were the highlight of our week despite a journey of 800kms over 2 days.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suej18
Reviewed September 12, 2008

LOVELY HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION – but sting in the tail when I came to pay!!

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Fethiye, staying at the “Yacht Plaza”. All in all – it was a wonderful holiday – the hotel is just lovely. It’s quiet, exclusive, great location, some LOVELY staff – and just the perfect place to chill out. It’s a great base for exploring Fethiye and the surrounding area.
I was going to give this hotel 4 star’s for the review – but I’m giving it 3 – and I’ll explain why.
I booked the room directly with the hotel. I dealt with BATU – he’s the owner’s son. He runs the hotel part – and the daughter seems to have more to do with the Yacht side of the business. We exchanged several email – all very friendly. He offered to organise transfers from the airport to hotel etc… It was great.
When I confirmed the room – he confirmed back to me via email that the room would be £35 per night, per room. And the Transfers were £35 each way as well. Batu also asked that I bring ENGLISH POUNDS – he wanted CASH. I did ask about paying by credit card (as that is what I had intended to do) – which he replied – card was “OK” – but he really preferred ENGLISH CASH. As the response was kind of tepid – I duly took out cash to pay for the hotel.
After a lovely holiday – when I went to pay, Batu actually wasn’t there – so I was to pay Mustafa.
Mustafa is one of these rare people you meet from time to time. A really special, lovely man – who goes out of his way to help you in anyway. He is funny, kind, generous – just really made the holiday for us.
Anyway – Batu wanted MORE money from us – as the rate Pounds V’s lira was going down. He had had 14 days to speak to me – but didn’t – he opted to get Mustafa to do it. In fact – during the 2 weeks there – I think I only spoke to Batu once – and that was to say hello. I didn’t really have much contact with him once there – at all!

Anyway – We had built up a really good relationship with Mustafa over the 2 weeks – and he looked really embarrassed when asking for the extra money. I said that I wasn’t paying it – as I had been quoted a price in pounds and that was what I was paying. Batu wanted an extra £5 per night and an extra £5 pounds each way for the transfers. Although it’s not a lot of money (£80) – it just didn’t sit right with me. It’s a lot of money to ask for at the END of your holiday - and it did kind of spoil the last day of the holiday. I felt sorry for Mustafa, as he was put in an awkward situation, Batu had asked for payment in Sterling – NOT Lira – and there was no mention of room rate being changed due to currency fluctuations – and even though I had an email with a quoted price – he was still wanting MORE cash from me!
All I would say is – make sure that if you are staying there – that you get a GUARANTEED PRICE – that will not change! – Or ask to pay in Lira, and that way the goal posts cannot be changed at the last minute!

Anyway – onto the actual review of the hotel….
As most of the reviews have said before – the rooms here are pretty basic. A wee bit dated – all pine furniture etc… - but they were clean – and had a fantastic AC system – which kept the room nice and cool. The outside of the hotel is just wonderful. The pool, garden, decking and marina area is just spectacular. It’s just a lovely place to chill out. The hotel has just 32 rooms – so it is a really personal feel to it. All the guests were really friendly, and it was a really laid back atmosphere.
The hotel operates like no other I have stayed in – and that’s due to the yacht factor.
• You have regular hotel guests like us.
• You have people who have their yacht in the marina and who use the hotel facilities (there are showers, loos etc.. for them – and they also use the pool/ bar etc…)
• You have people who live in Turkey – who have a yacht in the marina
• You have people who stay in other hotels – who use the hotel facilities
• And lastly – the hotel is the starting and finishing point for a company called SUNSAIL.
This is a yacht holiday company – who take you on a week’s sailing around the med. You sail the yacht – and it can be in groups of 3/4/5….
When its change over day – it can be kind of busy.
On a Friday they group return to Fethiye after sailing for a week (can be up to 40 folk)
They have a big party on the Friday night.
On the Sat – they start to leave.
Also on the Saturday – the next lot arrive – so it’s a bit crazy around the pool and lounger's.
The new crowd have their first night on the sat night – and then leave on the Sunday – then returning the following Friday – and it starts all over again.
So what you get it total peace and quiet most of the week – then it gets a wee bit busy and noisey Friday lunchtime to Sunday lunchtime – but it’s nothing too bad. It would still be classed as quiet compared to a 500 room hotel!!

There was never a rush for lounger’s – during the week anyway – the ones at the front tended to go first – but you could get a lounger SOMEWHERE!

Breakfast was continental – it was fine. Nice coffee, breads, cheeses, melon, fruit, yoghurt – and it was just bliss to have it outdoors. I’ll attach some pics so that you can see for yourself.

The location of the hotel is great – as you’re just 5 / 10 mins out of the centre of the bazaar. You’re far enough away – that you hear nothing – it’s really quiet around the hotel – but you’re right in the centre of things within minutes.

Now for the negatives!!
My main bug with the hotel was that there was NO FRIDGES in the room!
I find it really hard to believe that in such a hot country like Turkey – that there was no fridge. This is the first hotel abroad that I have encountered this – and it was a real pain. The only reason that I can think for this – is to make you buy drink/ water/ coke etc… from the hotel – and this brings me onto my second bug for the hotel – and that’s
The price of the hotel bars. – Beer was kind of the norm for the area – but water and spirits were extortionate. We were paying 4 times the going rate for water. Even the shops around the hotel were a rip off. I can only think that because they all thought we were millionaires with yachts – that they could charge what they like! And there were some seriously wealthy people in the hotel – or at least using the facilities.
Other things that I should mention is that there is a Mosque RIGHT OPPOSITE the hotel. I thought this would be a real problem – but actually – after the first night – I hardly heard him singing at all. But I think I have to mention this – because if you’re a light sleeper – then this could ruin your holiday – 5.20am every morning!!

Saying all this – we did really have a SUPER holiday- and we really enjoyed staying at the hotel.
It’s just a pity that the money incident at the end kind of left a bad taste in my mouth – and I was angry that Batu hadn’t spoken to me personally, and had gotton Mustafa to do it for him.

As I said earlier – I would have given this hotel 4 stars – 1 off for not having a fridge, and for the price of the hotel bars – but I reduced it to 3 cause of the room rate saga at the end.

Hope you find this useful. Any Q’s please feel free to contact me thru the Trip Advisor site
Cheers – and happy holiday!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank Orcadian1968
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Great quiet family hotel with nice friendly staff, great swimming pool en excellent view over the bay. Beautifull garden with enough beds and parasols.
Its nice to eat your breakfast outside at the edge of t he harbour.
Prices of the drinks are a bit high.
Too bad there's a mosque just across the street, because early in the morning(at 5 oclock) the imam is yelling his koran verses through the loud speakers. I guess when you have a room at the sea/pool side the noise will be less.
It's a good place from which you can plan trips to Dalyan, Kayaköy, Tloss, Xanthos, Patara, Dalaman and even to Antalya, but this will take a few hours to get there.
You'll need a car to visit the interesting places there are. And there are quite a few.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnitaKieboom
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Nice place, sweet staff, very good location. Rooms were a bit basic in decor but perfectly adequate and clean but if you get a room with a sea view it definitely makes up for it. (No fridge which was a shame.)
The selling point for me was the breakfast/bar/pool area located looking out over the harbour - great as the sun sets right across the bay (and you get a nice sea breeze.
Hotel is situated about 10mins walk from Fethiye old town or a short taxi ride away (the shared ones) 1.50TL.
There is a new man made beach around the other side of Fethiye bay (5mins in a taxi - 1.75TL) - not bad if you don't want to travel far but beware the seabed is particular sharp and painful to walk on when you wade out.

Stayed: June 2008