The location is absolutely gorgeous, with stunning views and serenity like nowhere else. With no other resorts in direct view, Hillside Beach Club is tucked in between the hills and the sea as if it has always been there.
The rooms (we stayed in class A and class C rooms) were reasonably sized, very clean, and elegantly simple (white with wood). They worked nicely with the overall resort concept, and I liked it. But, if you are into grotesque accommodations with gold decor and built-in gadgets, you won't like it.
Btw, we upgraded to a class A room to have a terrace but I, actually, liked class C room with no terrace better. The room itself was bigger with a better layout and a better, bigger bathroom. Class A room was nominally bigger but only because of the terrace. And the bathroom entrance was through the terrace, which (although cool in concept) can be quite refreshing on a chilly night.
The staff was very friendly and quite attentive. Very courteous service in the restaurants. The sports team was great! Beach volley, soccer... They made it fun and friendly.
So why not 5 stars?
Dining was good. But not outstanding. From an upscale $$$ resort, I expected more variety and better a la cart options. Don't get me wrong: We enjoyed everything we tried but after day 3 there was nothing new to try. Also, snacks in between meals (common at most all inclusive resorts in Turkey) are practically non-existent, and drinks (even soft drinks) are not included (except those served during meals in the main restaurant). All in all, Hillside Beach Club can do better in this category.
Also I expected a warmer welcome upon arrival. Although efficient, the check-in would have left a better impression with a personal greeting and an offer of a drink / refreshment. Again, something I'm used to see at upscale resorts.
The serene atmosphere can be somewhat disrupted at the main beach as there are many families with babies. The resort does seem to be family oriented. If you cannot tolerate loud or crying children, this place may be not for you. Luckily, there are two adult only beaches (including a silent beach), which mitigates the issue.
The resort is not brand new. Although it is well-kept, here and there things appear a bit dated. Not a big deal - just set your expectations accordingly. There are many resorts in Turkey that offer pristine accommodations for less... But, again, they don't have the beautiful nature and views of Hillside Beach Club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where the Mediterranean caresses our private bay, Hillside Beach Club is a first-class international destination for living your dream. Relax, rejuvenate and revitalize or get active, fit and entertained - design your day in any way from dusk to dusk. It's only about you on the sunny side of life at Hillside Beach Club, where we make you feel at home and always go beyond your expectations. Love to feel good! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, Otel, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hillside Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillside Beach Hotel
- Hillside Turkey
- Hillside Beach Fethiye
- Hillside Beach Club Fethiye
- Hillside Resort Turkey
- Hillside Club Turkey
- Hillside Fethiye
- Hillside Beach Club Turkey