“A gem of a getaway”

Hillside Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I visited Hillside in May this year as a big group. This is a fabulous hotel with excellent staff, amazing food, lovely accommodation and a very relaxing complex. Can't wait to visit again.

I have just read "the most frustrating holiday ever" review and cannot believe they have such a bee in their bonet about a bit of pizza not being served on their plate. Really - you are damming the hotel because a waitress did not put some pizza on your plate because you could not be bothered to stand in the que for 5 minutes. I'm not surprised the managament did not take you seriously - I woudn't have either for something so trivial.

Room Tip: Well worth a SeaView Superior room in block 300.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank twihard
Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

this may be my fifth excellent report on hillside
the location is magical
the staff are miraculous social and helpful
the sanda spa is just magical ............. do not miss it
great kids club
this year the addition of the teen club area was a masterstroke
the setting for the pascha turkish and italian a la carte restaurants are spellbinding
the various department managers walk the floor and are interested and available
there is a sea lane where you can cross the bay and it is regularly cleaned to remove seaweed
the salads are great , the desserts naughty .......... a good effort
climb the stairs to justify eating the naughty stuff
we the family had a healthy happy family time and also each pursued their own interests
we will return

Room Tip: stay away from the higher number 600 rooms ie 650 +660 etc and definitely the /700/800 blocks...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have been there with my husband and little boy for 5 nights in September 2013. This was our second visit to Hillside after 8 years. First time was a dream holiday in all aspects, however it has not been so this time. I will not comment on the staff quality going worse or the room that does not meet our requirements (even our needs are communicated months ago directly to the hotel) or worsened food quality that caused us diarrhoea all family. These are not ok but bearable, what is unbearable is the insulting behaviour from the restaurant staff and how the hotel management could not manage this.
Story in short: In the lunch time, i kindly asked for a favor from the service girl in the bakery to leave my plate to let her put some turkish pizza on and i can come back and take it later. I asked for this because there was a que, the pizza was not ready at that moment and i have seen that they do this for many customers during our stay. She rejected, I returned to my table and told the waiter that i’m frustrated. With the initiative of the waiter she came up with a full plate, and i told her that i will tell about this to guest relations. At the same time, my husband get in the line again not knowing that we are serviced, and he heard that the same service girl and her superior were talking about a customer saying that she is presumptuous, arrogant, and making some jokes between themselves role playing her and complaining about her to other customers. When my husband came back to our table and saw the plate brought by the service girl he realised that they were talking about me. We talked to guest relations, instead of handling the situation properly they told us a totally different story expecting to convince us as if this has happened to someone else. With our own attempts we talked to kitchen chef about this and he was more professional than guest relations and he apologized for the others.
The most disappointing thing about this story is none of the hotel management: Hotel manager, F&B Manager, Guest Relations Manager, none... take care of this issue and made a sincere apology. They wasted our most valuable time with this crap, value for our money is below zero now. How could the hotel management ignore such an outrage, this is really beyond expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
16  Thank Ulgento
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very good food selection and choice, rooms, pool, pooldeck, view, beach, music.

Knowing it was full board plus, the only downside was paying a lot for drinks, with prices comparable to terraces in tourist places.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karin G
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very helpful they never told me 'no' whatever I asked. The buffet was excellent. The rooms were clean with a nice view of sea. The sea was tourquise-blue in colour and really very clean..you can swim with the beautiful fish. The hotel staff really did their best to feel ourselves comfortable. I can say that when I go to Hillside Beach Club I feel I'm at home.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank shs00
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been to Hillside for a number of years now, and love it every single time. Great rooms, lovely food, fabulous evening parties and friendly staff. The views of the bay are just stunning, and the water sports facilities really fun. No wonder so may people go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan M
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel has by far the best hotel food that me and my family has experienced, it was great! The service was also great, with the staff being very attentive and helpful at all times.

The beaches are beautiful, especially the silent and serenity beaches are very appreciated for their calm atmosphere.

The evening entertainment were also the best we have experienced so far, it is very professionally done and highly entertaining.

There is no doubt that I will recommend this hotel and visit it again myself.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family