“apparently Santa Clause lived/stayed here :)”
Review of Gemiler Island

Ranked #24 of 73 things to do in Fethiye
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“apparently Santa Clause lived/stayed here :)”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Definitely worth the little walk up the hill. Lots of ruins and amazing view from the top!! Do not miss it!

Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Scotland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Historic but not an easy walk”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We visited Gemiler Island in early June and it was very hot. Our journey there was on a friends yacht who had previously visited the island. My husband was keen to see it so I accompanied him.

Although I had trainers on I still found the steep slopes uncomfortable. When I have to look at my feet all the time for fear of falling I am not at ease. The various buildings that were once a monestary were interesting but whether it was worth the hike I don't know. It would be to many but not me I'm afraid.

Visited June 2012
Western Norway, Norway
270 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 285 helpful votes
“Nice place to watch the sunset in summer season”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

2 different visitors here: Yacthies and tourist-gullets. It is nice to pay a few Lira, bring some wine and walk via the ruins to the top of the island to watch the sun setting in west.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank T3T
NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“quiet and very nice”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

went there as part of a blue voyage cruise in July. The view at the top of the island was amazing. Was able to witness a beautiful sunset which was incredible. There are also a couple of churches and ancient ruins. It's a steep climb to the top so make sure you have proper shoes and attire.

Visited July 2011