“Dont rely on them”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Dont rely on them”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked 4 trips with them. They turned up for 2 and we spent ages waiting around for the other 2. Very difficult to contact when there is a problem.

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“dont rely on them”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

we booked 2 full trips and two "free" trips before we left the u.k. they did not turn up for the first trip on wednesday. the number they had used when trying to book my trip they couldnt suddenly find. nor my hotels number. i eventually got in touch by email. the boat had broken down. spoke to someone later in the week who had managed to go on this trip on this day. i hate being lied to. re booked for thursday and the trip was good, and jane excellent.on the dalyan trip had the photographer from "brighton" trying to rip me off for a miserable 5tl. had a "free" turkish bath booked for saturday that cost only £6. this was confirmed by email sat morning. did not turn up again. refused to give a refund. would have been very scared if i had booked an airport transfer with them. fortunately i used tinys excellent service instead

4 Thank mark t
Woking, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for the excellent trips, excellent value for money and excellent service, even though i mucked up one of the dates you still sorted it out for me, my family and i had a great time, thanks again. AquaPark, Turtle Beach, Turkish Bath Excellent, Gocek Market Great, excellent bargains, it is a marina so expect a slight increase in prices for Lunch in the restaurants.
See you next year for Jeep Safari as this was recommended to us by others.

check one thing, this didn't affect me but did a friend... CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER, some confirmation emails may end up in the SPAM bin...

1 Thank RobWhite70
Northallerton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Be very wary”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We tried to book the Dalyan turtle beach trip and camel trek before leaving the uk, I had numerous issues trying to book the first being when booking the camel trek it was charging me full price for my 4 year old when the website states 0-6 go free and 7-12 half price. I contacted them about this via email and recieved a response saying all children pay full price on camel trek and horse riding, nowhere on the website is this stated, I raised this point as it is very misleading as at the bottom of the camel trek page it says 0-6 free, I was told this would be looked into, however on return there is no change to this although they have changed their prices on the website (now an extra £5pp). We decided to book anyway as we had already told our son we were going on some camels and he was very excited, I completed the booking online but when it came to payment I put all my credit card details in but it declined I checked with my bank who said no attempt had been made to take payment and suggested I cancelled my credit card which I did. I contacted online support on the Carole and Tayfun page who were helpful and took the details of the trips we wanted to book and said she would pass it over and we could pay in resort. I gave the dates we wanted and age of my son. We recieved an email confirming the trips and a price of £77 which would be collected from our hotel the morning after we arrived. After arriving in turkey I recieved numerous texts changing the time for collecting the money all of which I had to reply to at cost. When they did come to collect the money he tried to charge my husband £85, my husband explained this was not the price that was agreed but the man was adamant it was £85 so my husband refused to pay. I then rang the office to try and sort this out as I had a very upset 4 year old. The lady on the phone was also adamant it was £85 until I said 4 year olds should be free on the Dalyan trip, they then said it was £77 and would spend the guy back to collect the money but he never arrived. I then rang Tayfun himself to try and sort this out he said not to worry we would definitely be getting picked the next morning for our turtle beach trip and if they couldn't come back for the money we could pay the rep on the trip. This is what we did. The trip itself is run by seaside travel. On the trip you will have a rep and a photographer who does say if you don't want any photos taking this is ok however he pestered numerous times despite us saying we didn't want any taken. When arriving at turtle beach we were told it was an 3 turkish Lira per person to enter the beach although we never saw anyone collecting any money or our rep hand any over (this is stated in small print on the page for the trip). At the end of the trip we were taken to a gold market this is not mentioned anywhere on the website and added an extra hour on to our trip, as we refused to go inside we then had to sit on a coach without air con for 45 minutes (we were not alone several orher families refused to go in too) I specifically used carol and Tayfun as there was no mention of a gold factory or carpet tour so was very annoyed to be taken to the gold market at the end, this should be put on the website so people can make an informed choice for who they book with. The camel trek was amazing again there was a photographer present. When we payed the rep for our trips we could not get a receipt so had no proof of payment for our second trip luckily there were no problems. I would not use Carole and Tayfun to book trips again but instead would book direct in hisaronu but not with seaside travel as other people we spoke to who did the Dalyan trip did not have to suffer the gold market or carpet factor and had a better experience and were much clearer on cost. I would definitely recommend both trips however would book elsewhere.

3 Thank princessvicky35
reigate
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The Only Tour Company We Will Use”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We used Carole and Tayfun in 2012 on our 1st visit to Turkey, we did the Pammukale trip through them and booked online from UK before departure.
We travelled with friends this year who initially wanted to book trips through the tour operator but after a little persuasion I convinced them to book our 5 trips online with Carol and Tayfun saving us a fortune!
We as I say did 5 trips and each and everyone of them was a fantastic experience, staff friendly, on time with coached, advised of each stage of the trip(s). Handsome captain on the boat ;-)
Fantastic online customer service and support system - you can live chat with them at certain times of the day.
I would highly recommend this company
We did the following trips Sakklikent Gorge, Daylan(Turtle Beach), 12 Island Boat Trip, Gochek Cruise and Market and our friends visited Pammukale (we did that last year)
12 Island was great fun - you get to JUMP ship - I don't swim so was given a life jacket so that I didn't miss out - perfect day.
Have fun :-)