“Brilliant Trips and Great Service!”

Carole & Tayfun Day Tours
Ranked #14 of 66 Tours in Fethiye
Christchurch, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant Trips and Great Service!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked our trips with Carol and Tayfun via the internet before leaving for our holiday. It was very easy to do and the communication from them was fantastic. We experienced the following tours:

Turkish Bath:-
We were picked up from our hotel on time and taken to a hotel for a Turkish Bath. I wouldn't say it was a 'relaxing' experience, but one worth worth having just for the experience really. The trip you pay Carol and Tayfun for is just a Turkish Bath only, which starts with a sit down in the Sauna, before going through for the bath, which is exfoliation and a wash down. You can pay for upgrades, which are very affordable, they had a special offer the day consisting of a mud mask, oil massage, facial and hard skin removal from the feet for £40. We didn't take any additional money with us, so sadly we missed out on the opportunity.
As a tip, we recommend you take pounds sterling to this trip, as all of the treatments were quoted in sterling. They do accept Lira, but for ease, I would take sterling in future. Also, as advised by Carol and Tayfun, it's worth booking this for the start of the holiday to prep your skin ready for some tanning action! :)

Gocek Market Cruise:-
We were collected by a mini-bus and taken to Fethiye harbour where we took the boat to Gocek. Chrissy was the tour guide and she was extremely helpful and friendly. Gocek itself is beautiful and very clean, with many shops and the market has a lovely relaxed feel, with lots of interesting things to see- be sure to haggle a bargain! The boat ride to and from Gocek was very relaxing and peaceful.

12 Island Tour:-
We thoroughly enjoyed this trip, the boat was absolutely beautiful and the staff were so friendly. You really do get spoilt on this trip. They play peaceful music, and take a steady, sleepy pace, with a few stops en-route for a swim. You are very well looked after, with a lovely lunch served at around 12, fresh fruit served at around 2 and cake later in the afternoon. You are not supposed to take your own drinks and food on board, so we didn't out of respect, the trip is so cheap, so why wouldn't you spend a bit on board? The food and drinks are reasonably priced, just as the local shops- a bottle of water is 2TL (which is about 75p), a can of coke 4TL (about £1.48), an ice cream (we had Magnums) are 7TL (about £2.60). We only needed Turkish Lira on this trip. They start up a tab for you, so you can settle your bill before you leave the boat.
In addition, there is a photographer on board the trip. If you go as a couple, it's worth making sure he grabs you for some photos. They are absolutely beautiful, he's very talented. Again, we weren't expecting this service so we didn't have enough money on us. We were given 100 photos (some were of the Islands too) on a disk for 40 TL, which is less than £15, so an absolute bargain! Fortunately, the photographer was able to join us on our coach and we paid him when they dropped us off at the hotel. So if you would like a great memory of your day, make sure you take the additional 40TL, it's really worth it.

We would definitely book a tour with Carole and Tayfun again and definitely recommend them to anyone.

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
New York, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bringing the Americans!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This review is long overdue! My fiance and I went to Turkey last year so he could meet my family in Istanbul and decided to take a short trip down to Fethiye. We found Carol and Tayfun online and decided to book a jeep tour through them and we had an amazing time!! I wish I could remember the name of our guide and photographer because we really loved them! (They got a kick out of two New Yorkers being there because apparently they never get Americans?) We saw so many places in one day that we wouldn't have had the opportunity to see on our own. We loved having a photographer there to capture our moments that otherwise would have only been in our memories. After 16 days in Turkey, and if you know us state side folk, that's a long vacation, we would say Fethiye and the jeep tour were on the top of our list.

We loved Fethiye so much that we decided we would have the second part of our wedding there and have Carol and Tayfun arrange it for us. Thus far, they have been so responsive and patient with me and my crazy questions and planning but we can't wait until next June!

Thank you Carol and Tayfun!! Watch out! The Americans are coming!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank travelbunny28
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We used Carol & Tayfun to apply for residency and they made the process so simple for us. Everyone in the office was so helpful and friendly. I emailed to make an appointment and Chrissie made all the arrangements and told us the documents we needed to bring along. I needed the residency to be done quickly as I had to return to the UK for an appointment at the end of April and it was all done within 2 weeks as they promised. Many thanks to you all, I would highly recommend using this service. Looking forward to trying one of your boat trips now!

Visited April 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Looking forward to Summer!!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having just read the previous review I can say that this must have been a one-off!

I have been visting the Fethiye area for several years and have always used Carole & Tayfun for our excursions/trips. During this time I have enjoyed trips such as Dalayan River Cruise, Jeep Safari, Sakliklent Gorge, Pammakale, Turkish Bath and horse riding and have enjoyed leisurely days & evenings on the boats at least twice per holiday!

The staff are always really helpful and go out of their way to make sure you have a good time and I am already looking forward to going back in June (Sunset Cruise is already booked)!!!

Visited October 2012
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Rip off!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews about this company we decided to pre book and pay for 2 trips for our holiday last October, a Jeep Safari and the Sunset cruise (which was supposed to be a special occasion for my husband and I) 2 days before we were due to go on the sunset cruise I received a phone call to say it was cancelled due to lack of numbers for the trip, I asked about a different boat trip but was told all the boat trips had finished early (it was nearly end of season) I then asked for a refund and as I paid by debit card from the UK I expected that they could just refund my money back in to my account, but no this was not possible for this company! I was told I would have to go down to Fethiye to find their office and they would give me a refund, but finding the office was like looking for a needle in a haystack! Fethiye is a huge town, we then went down to the harbour to find 'Carol and Tayfun tours' CLOSED. I think it was unfair to ask us to trail down to Fethiye in what little time we had left of our holiday and the purpose of pre booking was to save time whilst there.
We did manage to book a day boat trip through Pioneer Travel and had a perfect day.

After several emails and phone calls of complaint I have still not recieved a refund, being in business myself I know it is possible to do card refunds. Please be aware when booking with this company, I feel totally RIPPED OFF!

Visited October 2012