“Visit the Lycian cave tombs while waiting for the main course”

Kings Garden Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 440 Restaurants in Fethiye
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Free pickup and drop off at hotel with the set menu. Between courses you can go and look at the Lycian cliff tombs, which really is a must if you are in the area. Great view of Fethiye from the restaurant. The Cappadocian clay pot meal (also something you have to try at least once in Turkey) was very good, but I have also had better. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Visited here whilst on holiday in Olu Deniz. We were suppossed to arrive to watch the sunset taxi [provided by restaurant was late] so missed sunset.Menu was a set menu ,very litte choice, food vey disappointing.Service was poor ,was an expensive night out , very disappointihg .Would not recomend,will not visit again.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

kings Garden is more than just a restuarant; it was a special memory to remember. The environment is one that it would be suitable for any one who who wishes to dine there. My evening was one where I wanted to enjoy a romantic evening with my husband, but I saw equally a couple of larger groups of what appeared to be family and friends enjoying, relaxing and staying for some time. We never feel rushed. it has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. You can take your time and enjoy the home cooked food, the incredible panoramic view across Fethiye and the relaxed atmosphere. The proprietor even recomended that if we wanted we could enjoy the sun set view from the entrance to the tombs themselves between starter and our main course, which again allowed this to be more of an experience than just a meal. We could have easily stayed in the restaurant though as the view from inside is still magical, whether in daylight, dusk or night. We know this because we returned again during our holiday and felt equally relaxed and enjoyed the food equally well.The staff are professional and knowledgeable, and the cooking authentic. Also I was impressed by the organic wines on offer which were no more expensive than average wine prices in Fethiye but were definitely more quaffable. A glass of white accompanying the skillet sizzling prawn starter I definitely recommend. This restaurant is a real treasure of a find. If you want to return from your holidays with a memory of a lovely evening you should go, but as I found out from the proprietor when he chatted to us, alot of the guests were people that lived all year round in Fethiye so I think, that has to say alot too! :) A must visit....or two!....during your holiday.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Food was very average and we were over charged £20/ 50 TL more than someone who came off the street, the most expensive meal we had throughout the whole week. It was a set menu which was not very good and Thomsons customers were not given a price prior to eating. In our opinion the service was poor, we waited an hour and a half for our main course, and when we complained the Manager was polite but unapologetic. Basically we left with the impression that the Restaurant was happy that there's one born every minute.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

having written one revue which did not appear to submit I thought I would try again .
Whilst looking for my revue I could not help but notice the adverse revues given .Whilst I was not there On those occasions I must say my experience was the opposite .The staff were most amiable polite and attentive with the arranged lift to and from the restaurant being on time and by private car .Our visit was for a friends annivesary and when made aware the owner as promised on booking made us a window table with a special setting .We missed sunset due to our booking time but the views over the town into the bay are gorgeous anyway . The fixed price menu we had was lovely well presented fresh and tasty and sufficient to satisfy .I would not ask for more attentive staff or a nicer atmosphere to eat in not grand in decor but just comfortable and homely andi will certainly go back on my return .