“Very good food. Average service”

George's Steak & Grill House
Ranked #45 of 411 Restaurants in Fethiye
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hessle, United Kingdom
“Very good food. Average service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I so wish the service we received in this restaurant had been in tune with the quality of the food because I could have given the place a 5 star rating.
My main gripe was been show to some seats but having to wait 10 minutes for a drinks order to be taken, whilst large groups who entered the restaurant after me and my partner were attended to at what seemed a priority status. There was then the bill which arrived with me, I payed it and then a the bill was returned saying they had added it up incorrectly and I owed more. Again its not a major issue as I don't mind paying for what we have but just a small mistake.
The above aside, the food was terrific. A puff bread and meze starter was served to begin with, the puff bread cooked freshly by an old lady in front of the whole restaurant.
Our main courses were served and were also superb. If your looking for high quality food then Georges should be on your list of places to visit.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Andy_Banny

• Turkish first
“Fantastic traditional Turkish food, excellent & friendly service”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have visited Calis several times and every time we just have to go to George's restaurant. We are always made to feel very welcome and the service is always fantastic. The food at George's is wonderful, the perfect place for traditional Turkish food. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Natalie H
“Great again !!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Been to Calis many times and George's bar is still and always has been one of the best.
Great food, great service, great atmosphere - what more could you ask for.
Thanks George, Savas, Yosef and Hassan yet again for looking after us and making our nights special.
See you all again sometime in the near future.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank David S
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Mine and my partners favorite place to eat, drink, and chill with all their very friendly bar staff! Such a lovely welcoming atmospere. Thank you savas, joseph and hassan.never fail to please us and make our day/ eve so fun. Best food in calis!!!

1 Thank Lois D
“Great atmosphere great staff”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Went to Georges a few times last year and didn't write a review but after returning this year to receive a great welcome and having attentive staff that would bend over backwards to please you I felt it was only fair I reviewed. The staff here are what sells the place they are friendly and only want to please, add that to tasty food and it's a recipie for success which come across with the full tables at dinner time

Great job guys ill certainly be returning again and again

3 Thank Sam N