“One of the best places in Europe-definately”
Review of The Shambala

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fethiye
The Shambala
Ranked #13 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Fethiye
Reviewed June 14, 2012

To visit Shambala three times in a row speeks for itself!
If you want to relax you find the best Spot in Shambala, especially in June, when its not that hot and calm. If you want to party visit in July/August when the electronic beats combine with the heat ;-)
Their huts lie smooth in nature and give a stunning view to the seaside. The charming stuff live in real what I mostly look for in holiday- the solidarity with nature in a peacful surrounding. Not to forget their cooking- the buffet for supper is never boring - a clash between turkish and arabic food. Great! I´m honestly looking forward for my next stay hopefully in 2013 June.
Enjoy, Jimmy

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We cannot get enough of this place - simply heavenly - where the blue and green meets. Incredible views overlooking a secluded, quiet bay. One can enjoy the views as he/she wakes up, walk to a lovely breakfast to be welcomed by the friendliest staff who are keen to help make the experience unforgettable, continue to relax by the pool, still overlooking the bay under the warm sun - or watching the stars above the other side of the hills which wrap you in. Great food, great service, smiles and attention to detail all around. Should not be missed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Shambala's setting is one of a kind, on a hillside looking down over a beach with milky blue, almost surreal, water and a white pebble/sand beach. By night it is the perfect location to look out at the stars and it's hippy haven personality seems fully justified.

Unfortunately I found it to be let down both by the management and the staff. As mentioned previously the drinks were terribly overpriced, but worse was the honeytrap set by bar staff, who brought us drinks unrequested while we were lazing by the pool, only for us to discover the cost afterwards. This absolutely set the wrong tone for the holiday as it made the owners come across as money hungry and deceptive. The staff were also not generally as friendly as other places we stayed - we were met with blank faces and monosyllables on arrival after our hike down the hill to find it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I booked a 9 day holiday at The Shambala many weeks ahead after hearing our son rave about it. (He'd been there last year after seeing article in the NYTimes). We had a lovely room with uninterrupted view of the sea. Decor of the wood cabin was delightful: quirky paintings, Indian bedspread, shower with view of sea, aircon, sliding patio doors onto a wide bacony with armchairs.The bed was big and comfortable. Emphasis is on romantic so our room lacked reading lights. A courteous and efficient team led by Yuri, backed up by the Turkish proprietor's family visiting from Istanbul to prepare for the season. This gave it a particularly friendly atmosphere. A request for fish was instantly met with fresh trout, next two nights there was superb tuna. We have impression fish is not normally on the menu, so ask! Breakfast a fantastic blend of Traditional and Western. Ace coffee. Position of hotel is great for beach lovers as Kabak beach is 10 min down/15 min up. behind the beach is a beautiful set of waterfalls where one can cool off after the long trek there. We loved it and have already booked for next year.

Room Tip: After May best to choose a room with shade of tree. All rooms are wood cabins
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

A bit of a drive from Fethye past Olundeniz to the top of a dirt road down to Kabak valley you will be met by the friendly staff of Shambala to take you to this little piece of paradise. We were just blown away by the views and the incredible food, some of the best we had on our 2 week trip around Turkey. This is the kind of place where you instantly relax, feel at home and won't want to leave. We found ourselves enjoying just relaxing with a book, swimming at the pool and beach and also doing some of the walks around Kabak valley. Would HIGHLY recommend this place and will go back. The accommodation is simple but that's part of the charm and the views spectacular. Relaxing by the open fire after dinner and chatting to the other guests was a real treat, look out for the friendly cats and tortoise :-)

Room Tip: We originally wanted to stay in the "One" Series suites but they were unavailable (thankfu...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I agree with many of the other reviews here. I went to Shambala because I had read about it in the New York Times. It sounded like a peaceful sanctuary, and just what I was looking for after touristy Fethiye. It was a beautiful and relaxing place and the food was quite good. However, all that relaxation went right out the window when I was checking out. When I saw my bar bill, I was shocked. And not just because of the overpriced cocktails. But because they had charged me for several cocktails that one of the 'staff' gave to me, totally unsolicited, while I was lounging at the pool. He made these drinks and brought them to me without me ever asking for them. I thought he was being 'hospitable.' Actually, he was being as deceptive and greedy as the owners of this place.

They charge you for EVERYTHING here, and their prices are not cheap. It definitely kills the whole yoga/free spirit/relaxing spa atmosphere that they pretend to have. I don't like sneaky, so I cannot return to this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank WanderlustAB
Shambalove, General Manager at The Shambala, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

We would like to let know that we totally agree with you by claiming us for a misbehavior of one of the employee. If only you had mentioned this situation at the check-out time, we would do everything to show you our devotion to keep us in good memories. This awful case is definitely not reflecting our perception about life and love and business ethics at all.

We really would very appreciate it if you would give as a chance to erase this incorrect attitude of this employee.To show you our goodwill we would like to invite you to Shambala again with 1 night accommodation free.Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 6, 2011

If you need a hair dryer and iron in your room, you should stay away from the Kabak Valley and Shambala.
We were scheduled to stay for three nights at the end of the season and we extended an extra night. I think it helped that we were there at the end of the season because the area was quiet and there were plenty of staff around. The food was great and the service was very good.
While we were there we inspected most of the other places in the valley (Turan, Shanti, Olive Garden, and the one right on the beach). None of them compared to Shambala in terms of its location and facilities. When booking I particularly struggled with whether or not to book at Turan Hill Lounge given its review in Lonely Planet. I'm glad I didn't. We had lunch there and while it was cool, it didn't compare to Shabala in terms of faciliites.
We stayed in High One and it was great but then the day before we were supposed to leave we saw One. It was amazing. We loved it so much we extended for another day.

Room Tip: One is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
11 mi away
Hotel Unique
Hotel Unique
#3 of 102 in Fethiye

Been to The Shambala? Share your experiences!