“Oztoklu Restaurant”

Ranked #9 of 451 Restaurants in Fethiye
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: There Is Vegetable And Fruit Market Next To Fish Market. Oztoklu Restaurant Is Vegetable Market And Next Spices Shop
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my MUST place to eat when I come over to Fethiye. I have eaten here many many times, and I just love the superb service, the friendliness, and of course the fantastic food and the way it is cooked. Its the best family run restaurant you will ever find, with Dad in the kitchen creating the most wonderful dishes, daughter looking as wonderful as ever and running everything, mum keeping the place spick and span, and brother, well he just does as he is told, and he is a wonderful guy. Don't miss out on this little oasis in the middle of Fethiye, it is fantastic, you will be treated wonderfully by the most welcoming family, sit back and let your taste buds be treated to a flavour overload, and believe me I guarantee once you have eaten here once, you will be gagging to come back again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have visited this restaurant a few times, and the food is fabulous, it is run by a lovely family, and they make everyone feel special. Dad and mum do most of he cooking and they certainly now how to cook, they do the most wonderful sauces for the prawns and calamari. We always have a great meal there and visit it every time we are in Fethiye. You must try it :)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This restaurant offers a fantastic evening of friendly atmosphere, fantastic food (Dad's sauces are something to die for) and lots of fun.
The restaurant is family run, with daughter running the show, dad cooking, mum clearing and brother doing what he is told, if it suits him.
Customers are helped with the selection of food from the fish market, which is then brought back for cooking, unless you choose Dad's chicken curry.
The restaurant is on the edge of the vegetable market, on the left just through the arch from the fish market. The most unlikely looking place for a really good evening, unless you arrive about 8pm and see the frontage grow as the family dash about getting more tables ready as more and more customers arrive.
If you are a couple you may well find yourself alongside people you don't know, but the friendly atmosphere is infectious and you will have a great experience.
Most customers, like us, return each year for a couple of nights, we had a party of six this year and everyone agreed. --Don't Miss It.
Olive and Roger Clay

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I can't believe the negative review I have just read below about this truly fantastic family run restaurant. I went there for lunch with friends yesterday and asked Yalcin (the owners son) what fish was good at the moment, he took me around several stalls pointing out different fish, I bought a big fish and 12 prawns, which cost me 35 lira, in fact, many people buy their own fish before even sitting down. I'm sure some fish vendors might try and rip you off but there is a massive opportunity to shop around. The restaurant is not "stuck at the back of the vegetable market" but situated in a nice corner next to spice stalls which give off an amazing aroma and dash of colour. The service isn't the quickest but it isn't designed to be that way, they don't rush you in and rush you out, it's an experience as well as a great meal.

By the way, the dog mentioned below is absolutely nothing to do with this restaurant, it's owned by another restaurant and chained outside their premises, and as for dog faeces "blowing in the wind" Give me a break !

The FACTS don't lie about this restaurant, the positive reviews tell the true story, in fact I think it's amazing that this tiny and truly family run restaurant has achieved the status of second best restaurant on Trip Advisor amongst the hundreds of others situated in Fethiye. In my opinion they have achieved that by giving great customer service, value for money and serving truly amazing food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After being somewhat overwhelmed by the markets, we were approached by a female staff member who took us through the markets and suggested what seafood we should buy and assisted in th transaction with the stall holder. We only went to one stall so I assume the restaurant has a deal with that fishmonger. We then had our selections cooked by her restaurant and purchased a bottle of wine to go with our meals.

It was not a cheap eating experience, but it was very memorable and I would highly recommend it.

I would not recommend this palce if you are not able bodied as the toilets were up some very narrow stairs at the back of the kitchen, with the toilet in what felt like a small attic cupboard.

We left here feeling contentedly full, aware we had spent quite a bit of money on our dinner but the seafood was fresh, the cooking perfect and I don't mind parting with my money for a business venture that is very well run and for an experience that was worth it.