“lovely clean hotel with really friendly staff”
Review of Yeni Ozmen Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fethiye
Yeni Ozmen Hotel
Ranked #61 of 96 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just arrived home from this lovely clean hotel. We had one of our best holidays to date. Staff are so lovely and will do anything for you. So they don't speak hardly any English but so what, we don't speak Turkish but we managed to communicate with no problems at all. The hotel is set in the lovely Calis Beach. Regular dolmuses pass the hotel to go anywhere you want and there is a water taxi to Fehtiye if you fancy a boat trip. Rooms are immaculate and cleaned daily. Good sized pool with plenty of sunbeds. Would definitely recommend this hotel and with out a doubt we will going back ourselves

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Caroline M

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was worried about this hotel before going but when I arrived I immediately changed my mind!
Ok, all the members of the staff do not speak English (one boy speaks a little), but they were so friendly and kind with us and everything we needed they provided. They are all hard working and making sure that the place is run well!
Rooms are basic , but clean and we had a nice view on the swimming pool. Loved the pool!!
It is ten minutes walking distance from Calis beach (not very nice, but ok for half a day) and is well linked with all places as you can catch dolmuses immediately when you go out of the hotel or on the road at the end of it, do not pay for taxis in Fethiye because dolmuses are perfect to go everywhere,
When we went away from the hotel we were sad because we felt part of the family. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isa_monzaItaly
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel and is obviously a labour of love for Mr and Mrs Ozmen. It is without doubt the friendliest and cleanest hotel we have stayed at and we have been coming to Turkey for 20yrs. Every member of staff worked really hard to make everyone feel welcome.
Rooms cleaned, towels changed, pool cleaned, gardens tended on a daily basis. Can't believe how hard the staff worked to keep the hotel spotless.
Mr and Mrs Ozmen had limited english as did the staff but this was never a problem. We all made ourselves understood in other ways. The food was lovely and traditionally Turkish so if you want chips, pizza, burgers and bacon and eggs for brekkie you'll be disappointed. Our chef was a lovely man who really welcomed us every morning with a big smile and a handshake, our lovely bar tender/waiter who is trying to learn English and couldn't do enough for us, our lovely waitress who was always smiling, our lovely maid who worked so hard to make everything spotless and our groundsman who was up everyday at 5 cleaning the pool, watering the garden, cleaning the poolside making sure everything was immaculate( I know cos I was up watching him).
I was worried when I saw the 2 horrible reviews and this is the first time I've felt compelled to pass comment on a hotel. For us it was a brilliant hotel and we made lots of friends and wiil have happy memories of this hotel and the people we met.
The dolmuses run by the hotel and 5 mins down the road to Fethieye and then just hop on another to Olu deniz. 2 tl to Fethieye and 5 to olu deniz. Recommend Billy's beach and Nicholas beach which are lovely.
The Pines and the Cafe Inn are near the hotel and serve lovely food. The Pines does Sunday lunch with the first drink free and it's lovely but the cafe inn does the best chips I've ever tasted in Turkey. The Pines staff are very friendly.
I can't recommend this hotel enough.
A special mention for our Jewel in the crown rep Fiona who couldn't do enough for us. Best rep we've ever had. So missing our chats Fiona in the glaring sun after brekkie. A brilliant holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a couple we stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and after reading the 2 bad reviews on here I was very worried and was not looking forward to our stay. Let me reassure anyone wanting to stay t this hotel the 2 bad reviews could not be any further from the truth or give you a fair and accurate image of this hotel.
The owners as all reviews state have very poor English but always smiled, waved and tried to communicate at all times. The staff were always happy to help and were always smiling and keen to interact with everyone.
The hotel itself was imaclulate and I have never known staff work so hard to keep things clean throughout the whole day and night! The pool was clean and there were always plenty of sun loungers and there was a nice area to sit outside that was in the shade which was nice when the sun got a bit too much. The gardens were beautiful and so well looked after! Even had flowers growing up the balcony. They grow all their own fruit and veg which is served at breakfast and at the evening meal.
Fresh towels and beds made every day. Food was lovely but was also nice to eat out occasionally and sit by the beach.
Beach was a 10 min walk away as were all the shops and we went down every night. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming!
There are not enough nice things to say about the hotel and its staff.
We had a fantastic holiday and wish we could go back already!
If you want a great holiday that is worthwhile then I suggest you book it now!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Couplefrommilford
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is run by a Turkish couple who have lived in Germany for a lot of years. As mentioned in previous reviews, they do not speak a lot of English. However, if this alone is enough to ruin your holiday then you most be grossly ignorant. In advance, I would recommend learning a few key phrases in German (easier than Turkish!) but Mr & Mrs Ozmen really do try- as do the rest of the staff. Thereis one member of staff who is desperately trying to learn English & even in our 2 weeks made huge progress in it. He is very shy about speaking English due to being a self taught beginner so he would appreciate patience.

The hotel itself is spotless; Mrs Ozmen is forever cleaning. We even saw her stood on the roof giving it a good clean! You have to pay extra for air con in your room, we went without & slept with the balcony door open & managed fine- no bugs (except one moth) and not much noise. We were on the second floor though- dnt recommend doing that on the ground floor!

Food at the hotel is quite limited; one meal is cooked on the evening so you either take it or leave it. There are plenty of side dishes to choose from but pudding is rarely more than watermelon. All the food was fine though we did leave the hotel on "fishy Fridays". Amit (the chef) takes great pleasure in serving the food. Breakfast is boiled eggs, sometimes omelette, bread, cheese, ham. That sort of stuff. It's not like you really need lots on a morning anyway.

The pool was great; never any rush for a lounger and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel had such a great atmosphere, I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I think the negative reviews probably come from people who were not very polite and it will have been a case of being treat how you treat the staff.

The hotel location was also good; 10 minute walk to Calis beach front & right on the bus route for Fethiye.

On an evening Mr & Mrs Ozmen sat and played games with us. They taught us one excellent game called okey (Mr Ozmen is an absolute genius at this game and refers to himself as "The Professor"!!) and despite our lack of mutual languages we had great conversations. We know some basic German (and a few Turkish words) and he was about the same level with his English so it was often a mix of various languages and hand actions!

We left at 2am & Mr Ozmen waved us off with lots of hugs & kisses! Honestly, I can not recommend this hotel enough or talk about how friendly the staff were enough! Would definitely return.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank frostfromfire
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a lovely family run traditional turkish hotel, which is exceptionally clean. Lovely pool plenty of loungers, parasols and seating outside in the well kept gardens The owners did as stated by someone else only speak German and Turkish, perhaps because they are German and have chosen to live in Turkey and have learned the language! However they did try to communicate and really couldn't do enough for you. They even made us a late supper when we arrived back late after dinner was over and made us coffee whilst we waited for our transfer to come home.The language barrier certainly did not pose any problem whatsoever. All the staff were lovely, the cleaners, restaurant and bar staff and the chef. The owners were always about but - it is there home as well as their business so where else would they be. Rooms are basic but the beds were comfortable and the shower room more than adequate with piping hot water. 2 single beds and bedside cabinet, dressing table and stool, built in wardrobe and lots of hangers, 2 seats for the balcony. There is a hairdryer and Air con (yes we paid extra when we arrived for the air con plus the safety deposit box but it wasn't expensive) Room had a beatutiful little balcony surrounded by flowers a haven away form the blistering heat. Our towels and bed linen were changed every day. The food was traditional - turkish breakfast consisted of bread, boiled eggs, we also had omelette and fried eggs on two mornings, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and cheese. Dinner was a set main meal which could be something like chicken, fish, meatballs plus pasta or rice and various salad type things, fresh fruit and baklava. there was also always a different soup every evening. It wasn't fancy but was nicely presented and tasty. Perfectly acceptable for a hotel of this standard. If you want 5* food and lots of choice then it is not for you but this is a 3* traditional turkish hotel. My husband and I have stayed in lots of 4* & 5* hotels and wanted a change. I would have to say we were pleasantly surprised and would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again. Location was ok with a few bars and restaurants and a couple of supermarkets just a wee bit along the road or a 10-15 minute walk took you to the beach and main restaurant and entertainment areas. We hired a car and got to see a lot of the surrounding area. Saklikent Gorge was great as was trip along the coat to Kalkan, Kas and then a bot trip to Kekova Island stopping at Kale for lunch, absolutely stunning I could have done that boat trip every day of my holiday. It was simply perfect.

Room Tip: Room 207 was lovely
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MDM13
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The behaviour of the owners of this hotel was despicable and is by far the worst treatment both me and my family have ever had to endure
Among other things the male owner intimidated my daughter and niece and try to force my wife to eat with the other "guests" when they had inspectors in.

Please see below
- No English spoken the owners spoke german AT us and seemed to refuse to even sign to communicate
- It was pointed out by a staff member that the female owner watches from an upstairs window
- The first time I used the pool I was told not to dive in despite the fact I had only stepped into the pool
- We were told not to use sun cream at the pool and to go in the shade!! Incredible in 90 degree heat
- My daughter and niece were told to leave the pool as it closes at 6.30, this was at 5.45
- My daughter was constantly pestered to eat more, she is picky with her food and does not eat much, this led to the male owner glaring at her at times
- 2 inspectors came for a couple of days at the end of the week at which point the hotel mysteriously filled up with what seemed to be friends or family, these people were allowed to dive and "bomb" in the pool as well as stay in there until well gone 7.30 - for the inspectors viewing???
- During this inspector visit the male owner came to our room and tried to harass my wife into eating with the other guests, at this point we had advised them earlier we would no longer eat with them. I was in the shower so couldnt get to the door, once I had come out I went to see him and had to be very verbal with him to tell him to stay away from us.
- Finally on the day we were leaving they started maintenance work - drilling and hammering directly under our room, this appeared spiteful

We felt we were forced out of the hotel for no reason what so ever
We moved to the Seketur on the beach front which was excellent, no comparison

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family