“Wonderful stay”
Review of Poppy Apartments

Poppy Apartments
Ranked #40 of 103 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Myself, my partner and my mum stayed here from 26th June to 4th July this year and it was a lovely place to stay. The apartment was very spacious and very comfortable. Each apartment has 2 balconies, one poolside and one gardenside. We were on the groundfloor which had the gardenside private area but the poolside door opened directly onto the pool area which was lovely and convenient. In the mornings, I would take a chair out there and sit reading with my coffee. The grounds are full of wildlife, especially at the rear of the apartment and we got lots of pics of rabbits, frogs, tortoises, lizards and cats.
We specifically asked for a ground floor apartment when I emailed Mel due to my mother having mobility issues and she could not have been more accomodating.
The staff were all friendly and always willing to help. The pool was cleaned every morning and towels and sheets done every second or third day. I was sitting outside on a sun lounger reading one morning from 5am as I woke early and one of the staff - Hasan - brought some turkish tea over to share with me, when he awoke to clean the pool - it was a lovely and unexpected gesture which illustrates the caring attitude here.
I would definately stay here again and I will book direct next time rather than going through a travel agency. The prices are almost identical as the book direct price includes air con, and it ensures that the hotel gets all of the money, rather that losing a cut. I asked Mel how to book direct and you just need to send an email enquiring about availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Poppy Apartments

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I had a week here in June. Very friendly staff and the owners and their family were delightful. The rooms were spacious and had everything you needed although a toaster would have been good! The rooms could probably do with a bit of a refurb but for the price it was really good value for money. The food was well cooked and good value. Location was perfect as it was quiet but only a short walk to the bars/restaurants and the beach. The pool was cleaned daily. Overall a good relaxing holiday and I would definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTurkeyOxford
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just got home sadly!! Very spacious spotlessly clean basicTurkish apartments. Everything you needed. Lovely pool, and very clean. Mel & Cem and their team couldn't do enough for you, but best of all no hassel! I have stayed in many similar appartments but this was the best. Will definatley reccomend and return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Over a few years I have seen many changes in the Apartments and staff. I have always been made welcome even from the first time I visited. I have seen both the owners son`s grow to be respectful, helpful young men who are always up for a bit of fun.
The owners (Cem & Mel) are truly great people who will give advice and assistance whenever required.

GREAT TIME, GREAT PEOPLE. WILL BE RETURNING AGAIN.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Steven R
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Been to various areas of turkey over the lat 15 years, usually in low cost self catering accommodation, found these apartments well equipped, clean, spacious and well serviced. Loads of room for the 2 of us. Family run business with everyone doing here bit, other had obviously stayed there before, some many times and I can see why. Beach is a short stroll away and the canal is full of wildlife, peaceful area.
I have to say when things went wrong, couldn't have been looked after better. I spent 2 nights in the local state hospital, which was excellent, high standard of care, but was made so much easier with Mel's help, she turned up unannounced to see if she could help with paperwork, as everything was a bit lost in translation this was invaluable.

Room Tip: On 3 floors, each has it's merits depending on your needs, we were on 1st floor, which gave us g...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I came here with a couple of friends for a relaxing beach holiday and had a lovely time at the Poppy Apartments. It was great that they all spoke English and were all very helpful with anything we needed. My friend even wanted to check her uni results online and they let her use their computer. They also advised us on which boat trip to take, and organised it for us.
The apartments were what you paid for - simple and a little shabby but fine. The pool was lovely and perfect to cool off in. It is in a quieter location, but only a 10 minute walk to all the restaurants/ beach. We were greeted on the first night with delicious complementary cocktails and live Turkish music and dancing - lots of fun. Would definitely recommend it for a cheap holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Polly R
Reviewed November 5, 2011

very nice apartments. nice enough people. son of the owners not very friendly. my son has asbergers and was not made to feel welcome by him and the regulars, in fact whilst sat on our balcony I heard conversation from the owners and regulars about my family! how rude! would not go there again!

• Stayed: July 2011