“awesome experience!!!”

Mio Vino Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Altamont
Cuisines: Italian, American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Our goal is to bring the community delicious home-made cuisine with a modern flare, utilizing local-fresh ingredients with a warm & inviting ambiance. Enjoy a drink at our full bar with some of our Wood Fired Chicken Wings or if you prefer, relax with friends in the dining room & experience our perfectly cooked Homemade Raviolis. For those with a sweet tooth, indulge with our freshly made desserts and homemade ice cream. We will be opening November 2011, we can’t wait for you to dine with us!
Albany, New York
“awesome experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

My girlfriend and I went in for dinner the other night and were not dissapointed. I have heard great things about this place. The service was great and the meal was absolutely delicious! We have the salmon and the risotto of the night. Both cooked to perfection. The wine list is very extensive and you can tell that they take pride in what they offer. We will definitely be going back soon!!!

1 Thank rob m
Tim T, Owner at Mio Vino Wine Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is our hope that every customer has the experience that you both had that evening. We look forward to seeing you and your girlfriend again soon.

Altamont, New York
“We love it here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We love Going to Mio with our friends or just for pizza, dinner and wine with our children. they are very family friendly and the food is never disappointing. We have 4 children ranging from 0 to 11 and every time I go in with them I am welcomed as though we were family. the staff is always accommodating to my children and kind. I have celebrated two birthdays here with excellent service to everyone in my party and amazing food. We are so glad to have such a sweet spot in our town. the only recommendation would be if they could put a changing station in the Bath room:)

1 Thank ALilly79
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take pride in our food, service and family friendly environment. We hope to see you and your family again in the restaurant soon.

Westerlo, New York
“Not worth $70”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband and I felt like having fish for dinner so I ordered the salmon-- set on a bed of arugula and veggies, and he ordered the red snapper -- set on mashed potatoes and surrounded by asparagus spears. He also had a beer and a Caesar salad. There was a small basket with 3 tiny rolls glazed with garlic butter and 3 pieces of dried out bread. My pc of salmon was small and tasteless, the tiny "salad" beneath it was passable. His small, flat piece of fish had too much garlic/salt and was not easily cut with a fork. The mashed potatoes were dry, but the asparagus spears were passable. Neither one of us finished our dinners. LSS-- don't order fish and don't expect to not be hungry when you leave. Will not be returning there anytime soon.

1 Thank SongBird59
I sincerely regret your experience at Mio Vino. Had I been made aware of the situation during your visit, I would have done everything in my power to improve your experience. We would love for you to give us another chance. Please see me personally if you decide to do so.

Albany, New York
“Take out pizza was absoulutely terrible!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I ordered 2 pizza's for take out for the first time since the restaurant opened. I was told that they would be 8 cut. Upon arriving for the pickup, I was given the 2 pizzas in a box that was the size of a personal size pizza. I was expecting to have 16 slices from the 2 pizzas to feed four adults. What a disappointment after paying $28.00!!! The pizzas where not only small, but they stuck to the bottom of the box and looked terrible. I had company and thank goodness I had other food to supplement these pizzas. I was so disappointed as the restarant it self is a beautiful place. It is unfortunate that they don't take more pride in their take out service. I would have raved if this was wonderful, but sadly it was disappointing and I will never order from them again.

3 Thank Fonzy2013
It greatly disappoints me to hear of your experience. I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and strive to exceed guests expectations. Please contact me personally and I will do everything I can rectify the situation.

“Terrific recomendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended by a local bed and breakfast. They accepted last minute reservations. Staff was very friendly including owner Tim. Wine selection was extensive and many choices were affordable. We enjoyed the eggplant appetizer and highly recommend it. The ribeye steak entrée was cooked perfectly to order and was a generous portion.
Vinny and Simona Westchester

• Visited August 2014
We would like to thank you and the Old Stone Inn for its continued support of Mio Vino. We are grateful to have such a receptive community. We hope that you and your wife will visit again soon.