“THE Budget Place To Stay In Konya”
Review of Ulusan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Konya
Ulusan Hotel
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Konya
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I came to stay at Otel Ulusan in April 2012 for one night. We ended up staying three nights, due in no small part to Ali and his fine small hotel. The shared bathrooms were immaculate, the breakfast ample and tasty, and the location is perfect, next to the bazaar and close to the Mevlana Museum, Aladdin Hill and the rest of old Konya. There is a computer to use and Ali is always ready to help. We loved our stay here!

Room Tip: The stairs are steep, but we enjoyed having a room higher up.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Webmoment

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed at Ulusan for 6 nights during the very busy Rumi festival in December. I appreciated Ali, the owner / manager for not raising prices during this time and keeping the rates affordable for students like myself. I had a single room on the first (main) floor. It was a bit noisy given that the main reception area was right outside my room. The architecture of the building makes it difficult to find a quiet spot anywhere on the first floor and one gets used to it after a while. Those extremely sensitive to noise should consider using ear plugs. The shared bath and toilets were extremely clean - Ali was wiping them clean several times a day. I did not have a problem. The hotel is centrally located and the friendliness of the staff is wonderful. I came in very late on several occasions and left early to catch my flight. I was served tea and a snack no matter how early I left (in lieu of the full breakfast that is included in the price). I would think it difficult to find a more affordable place to stay in Konya during the Rumi festival.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the upper floor as the lower floor tends to get a bit noisy.
Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Ali, the owner, is very nice and goes out of his way to help his guests. The hotel rooms are very clean and basic and do not come with private baths. However, the shared baths are equally clean and the plumbing worked well. The hotel is well-located in the heart of Konya and the Mevlana Museum is only several blocks away. Overall, if you are looking for a good value for a stay in Konya, the Ulusan will more than fit the bill.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Housinglawyer1
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I am studying at Selcuk University. I stayed at Ulusan Hotel for weekends at 2010 so i knew the hotel is great. But I am staying at Ulusan for nearly 1 month now and i can certainly say it is like a home for me. The only question was common toilets and showers. But I have to admit , it is way too cleaner than most of inside-room-toilets in other hotels (even cleaner than my toilet in my house). Showers are like small rooms totaly distinct from each and they are very very roomy. You pay 150 dollars per night to big hotels and they want money for internet. It is free and wireless at Ulusan. Well , it was-is a perfect stay. I am away for 4 days and then back to Ulusan :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mert C
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Decent rooms at a fair price. But extremely hot and stuffy, with no AC and only a few fans, in mid July. Not recommended in summer. Shared bathroom very clean. Night manager speaks virtually no English, not eager to help.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank NYCSojouner
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed at Ulusan for 1 night. This is also another place where we regret not staying a little longer since it was nice to be in a more normal Turkish town like Konya and staying in a nice hotel like this. The staff were super nice and helpful with everything. When I wanted to take a shower and the hot water wasn't working, they fixed it right away. The room was great, clean and huge. Comfy beds with big pillows.There are only common bathrooms but there are sparkling clean. The common space with the TV is nice place to just sit and relax. When we had to leave the next morning, they made sure we had breakfast in time to eat before we left and called a taxi for us. For their prices (50 liras for a twin room), I can't imagine that there is better value in town. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GloJul
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I agree that our stay with Ali at Ulusan was a highlight of our two weeks in Turkey. Ulusan is central, well priced and clean, and has fantastic showers! Ali was also helpful in directing us to Chatal Huyuk which was the purpose of our journey, and not the easiest destination to get to. Konya is a charming place and it is worth spending a night or two between Pamukkale and Cappadocia.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple