Otel Mevlana
  • Pool
Hotel Sato(Konya)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is best suited for a one night stand. The lobby area is nice but the rooms are small, although they were clean as was the bathroom (tiny). The street outside was rather shabby and we were entertained by some drunken locals and the hotel staff having an very loud argument around 23:00.

The hotel located reasonable well to restaurants, a very large market area and the Mevlana Meseum. The surrounding area seems to be a business area. The one cool place to visit, 3 blocks away, is the felt shop of Ikonium. The barber shop, 5 shops before Ikonium, gives an excellent male Turkish cut for very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the street at all costs as it was noisy for virtually the whole night.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I walked into the lobby and thought this hotel looked okay. Then we were taken to a room which was pretty disgusting. We looked around and it was tiny and dirty. Then we saw some clothes and wondered if the room had been cleaned. A moment later, there was a knock on the door and we were told that we had to move. They had taken us to an occupied room. The second room we were taken too was equally small, dirty and disgusting. Unfortunately, we were very tired and also had a show to go to in an hour so we really couldn't move. So, we stayed. My wife didn't even undress but slept in her clothes because she didn't want to get dirty. And when we looked out the window, all we could see were the tops of a couple of disgusting buildings and a couple of pipes.

We really couldn't use the bathroom because the ceiling was dripping. In the morning, we went downstairs for breakfast and it was so disgusting we decided to just have tea but when we got the tea glasses, they were not clean. All in all, I can find nothing to recommend this hotel.

I have stayed in hotels of all classes all over the world and this was, by far, the worst.

Room Tip: Get another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kondan
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Right before arriving to Konya, I checked the Lonely Planet and I decided to go for this hotel believing I would meet some backpackers. Well, maybe that would have been the case if I had stayed in the "new" Otel Mevlana. But since I arrived very late at night (around 11pm), I just followed the guy when the taxi left me. So I ended up in the "old" Otel Mevlana (I discovered that the next day). I got a free bottle of sparkling water during check in. Basic English spoken but enough. Room big enough for myself (king-size bed!). Room and bathroom very clean, although they looked old. Only a very small window and too high to look out. The heating was off but the room was warm. Breakfast was not particularly rich. Very close to the Mevlana Museum.
The hotel was average but ok for the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank fufaita
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed only one night here. I arrived early evening (18h30), was tired and went straight to bed. And left at 13h00 the next day
Rooms & bathrooms are old fashioned but clean.
Breakfast boring selection.
It's adequate for an overnight budget accommodation option

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChapmansPeak
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Totally unacceptable. We complained and got another room but it's only just bearable. Wiring hanging from the walls, filthy curtains, a floor that hasn't been swept or mopped in weeks. The noise from the plumbing in the rooms around us shocking.

• Stayed: September 2011