Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir
$64
$103
$71
  • Breakfast included
Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel(Izmir)(Great Value!)
$33
$33
$54
Agoda.com
2,016 results
All reviewssky baraquarium restaurantgarden viewturkeyswiss hotelgreat hoteloutdoor poolbusiness tripthe executive loungecomfortable roomslots of restaurantssea frontbreakfast buffetspafacilitiescitybuyuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Most expensive corona beer ı have ever drunk (8euro)
Sea food restaurant is cheap comparing beer price (excellent cipura fish sea cipura cost 15 euro)
Clean sauna and spa but not as good as German sauna and spa's
Spa staff insist on message like the sales man in grand bazaar of Istanbul
Excellent breakfast buffet and service... Nevertheless worth to try it once

Stayed: May 2014
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding our hotel and staff during your visit. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with our property.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while on a tour of Greek and Roman cities in the area. It was pretty far away from the sites and did not offer any particular advantages given the distance. I have stayed at two Swissotels, one in Estonia and Izmir. The experience was exactly the same which is good for consistency but the environment is very sterile and not personalized. The staff were not entirely helpful in either location but the were pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere thanks for spending your precious time to share your kind feedback. We appreciate your valuable comments.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future and hope to host you again in Swissôtel Büyük Efes, Izmir.

Swissôtel Büyük Efes, İzmir Hotel Management

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very Nice hotel. A lot of art, real museum pieces which are beautiful and add value to the stay.
Nice pool and good restaurants. Good other facilities.
Good location near old centre, the sea and lots of restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am an EXTENSIVE business traveller. I have used this hotel for both leisure and business trips but I have to say that I did not really enjoy my stay this time, the events during check-in left a bitter taste in my mouth and tainted the rest of my stay. If you are a foreigner they bend over backwards to please but if you are Turkish you are not worthy of even half the welcome. I checked in with a non-Turkish colleague, we both bought the same category rooms. I was given a stuffy room on the lowest floor while my colleague who is a foreigner was given a room on the highest floor. They said they had no other room available! It was out of season and the hotel was half empty maybe more!

The guys at reception seem to be bored with their work and fed up. I didn't see a single smile the whole time I was there. I wanted to get a massage but it was fully booked for two days in a row, this is not a problem, but the way the spa receptionists acted and talked was also rude and unwelcoming. More than the words that are coming out of their mouth it’s their attitude.

Everyone working at this hotel is very unhappy and show that they don't enjoy their work, such a shame because it used to be amazing. I don't know if there is change in management or something else but something has gone terribly wrong here. Everyone has an “I don't care and I can't be bothered” attitude except for the cleaners and waiters at breakfast (they were great as always and very friendly professional people, even though they probably work the hardest).

Facilities wise the gym is great, the outdoor pool is great and well looked after, the pillows and bed are very comfy, the aquarium restaurant is lovely. The indoor pool however reeked of chlorine, so much that everyone who was swimming that morning (including myself) said their throats and eyes were burning because of the chlorine.

My room was stuffy and the balcony door was stuck (due to their attitude at check-in I didn’t even bother calling reception about it), the curtains looked dirty and old, the breakfast mediocre. All of this however would have been overlooked if the staff were happy accommodating people, but because they were off you start to see all the other weaknesses of the hotel. The Hilton Izmir for example though may have older looking rooms is tolerable because it has amazing personnel who make you feel very welcome and special (Turkish or not).

I really hope the Swissotel will come back to its glory days, but until then I will surely be looking at another hotel for my next business trip. Somewhere I will be made to feel welcome and not a nuisance as a customer.

2  Thank JuliaJackman

Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere thanks for spending your precious time to share your kind feedback. In order to learn more about your experience during your stay, please contact us through guestrelations.izmir@swissotel.com or +90 232 414 51 76 . Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Swissotel in Izmir is the most amazing and fabulous hotel you could ever wish to visit in Turkey. I loved the Spa and the Turkish Bath., Staff throughout are smart, and professional and gorgeous.,.,.,. thank you Swissotel,,, keep up the good work and making staying away from home safe and luxurious... I will be back..

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We hope to welcome you back soon.