Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir
  • Pool
Hilton Izmir(Izmir)
$52
$69
Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel(Izmir)(Great Value!)
$32
Key Hotel(Izmir)
$99
Ege Palas(Izmir)
$74
Ibis Izmir Alsancak(Izmir)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Restaurant
2,038 results
All reviewssky baraquarium restaurantgarden viewturkeyswiss hotelgreat hoteloutdoor poolbusiness tripthe executive loungecomfortable roomslots of restaurantssea frontbreakfast buffetspafacilitiescitybuyuk
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on business and this hotel did not disappoint. The security was great, the check in process was smooth, the room was clean and just right with all the amenities. 2 free bottles of water hit the spot. The room attendants paid great attention to detail. The breakfast was the best I have eaten in a hotel is many years.

No complaints about this property. First class hotel run by exceptional people.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Excellent Hôtel wonderful atmosphere and very helpful and friendly staff.

I particularly enjoyed the location, the peaceful atmosphere, the Christmas decoration, the breakfast buffet.
Excellent room. Interesting place for a short as well as a longer stay pool, spa etc

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Ideally located around the corner from the esplanade, a few minutes' walk from elegant Alsancak, and just a little further from the bustling Konak area, this hotel has left a recurring memory with me.

As a holidaymaker, I was able to kick back and enjoy the best-stocked hotel gym I've ever come across, including a long row of modern cardio machines, a free weights room and studio space for stretching. Nightly fitness classes are available, although I didn't join any. The lengthy indoor swimming pool is set alongside two jacuzzis, which are not far from an outdoor pool at least 30 metres in length. I made good use of the superbly-maintained outdoor tennis court, using the hotel's racquets. As a business traveller, I doubt you would have the time to enjoy most of this, which would be an awful pity! Within the gym and spa complex, there are showers at every turn with Molton Brown toiletries, plentiful robes and slippers, a full Turkish hammam, steam room, and a Finnish sauna - divine comfort oozing from all directions.

Breakfasts at Cafe Swiss are a real treat, with plenty of Turkish and continental options. The fruit and vegetable selection is much wider than any other hotel I've stayed at, and the restaurant waiting staff were consistently friendly and engaging. There's a sense of space in the dining area that made me feel at ease and helped me take my time over breakfast. The clientele mix is generally very civilised, I was not aware of any screaming children during mealtimes!

Bedrooms are well furnished with a good amount of storage space. For some reason, I didn't sleep very well here, although this improved after ordering reinforcements from the 'pillow menu'. Room service were very efficient, and there was almost no noise from adjoining rooms or the corridors.

We booked through expedia.co.uk, I was incredibly impressed with the value for money we got at the hotel. Five-star hotel for three-and-a-half-star prices. During the trip, we also visited Selchuk and Istanbul and didn't find a single hotel that came anywhere close to matching Swissotel Izmir in its balance of tranquility, quality and price.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. We walked by the Hilton once or twice en route to other places, it looked quite stale and dusty by comparison. The Movenpick looked ok, but the restaurant seemed uninspiring from the outside. Neither of these hotels have the huge grounds that the Swissotel offers, which you can wander around at leisure. These are the three hotels we considered when making our booking, and we definitely made the right choice.

If you have problems walking, you may wish to request a room in block A. If you do stay in block C though, do note that there are doors on the ground floor which give you really quick access to the pool and garden areas.

Room Tip: Pool-facing and sea-facing rooms will give you a better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Huw J
gefes, Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere thanks for spending your precious time to share your kind feedback. We appreciate your valuable comments.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future and hope to host you again in Swissôtel Grand Efes, Izmir.

Best Regards,
Swissôtel Grand Efes, Management Team

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights, staff is really pleasant and friendly. Suites with seaview are worth the extra. Aquarius and Equinox restaurants offer outstanding food, however you can reach in a 5 minute walk the restaurant row seaside, which is about 1mile long.
Everybody in the hotel speaks very good English, they are really helpful and flexible, just ask.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is really a nice place to stay, I couldn't inf any fault here. Service is excellent: You always quickly find someone to ask and I wish service attitude in other hotels would always be as I found it here. Location is right downtown. I had a room facing the street which wasn't a big problem since noise and traffic even in downtown Izmir is limited. Though I would recommend to ask for a room facing the inner courtyard and the pool. Breakfast was good. The gym is great and much better equiped than what you normally get in such hotels. All in all a really nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gefes, Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,