“very pleased”

Ranked #47 of 92 Izmir B&B and Inns
Santorini, Greece
“very pleased”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I came with my friends for one night excepting something bad for that price. Instead of that we saw a kind and helpfull stuff, great breakfast, clean rooms and great location!i definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spyra C
Guzelizmirotel, Sahibi at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Very glad to hear your thoughts please visit us again. We are here to serve you.

Regards

Sinem Kurtural

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel has a great location right near the Basmane train station and not far at all from the rest of the city center. The room is very very small but all we really needed it for was sleep anyway. The people at reception were extremely kind and helpful. They went through the map with you, what you could see, where you could eat. Spoke English well. Breakfast was a typical Turkish breakfast but included :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aconsig1
Guzelizmirotel, Yönetici at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Many thanks for taking time to write your opinion.

We are here to serve you in best possible way.

Regards

London
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place was perfect for my needs being a couple of minutes walk from Basmane train station, and walkable to everywhere else a tourist might explore. I rocked up on the day and was easily able to get a room for amazing value. It is basic and small, but clean and what you would expect from a budget hotel. It seems to stand apart from more unseemly places surrounding. The best thing to recommend this hotel is the friendly and effusive service provided by reception. Orhan is extremely helpful and welcoming to guests, giving you a taste of Turkish hospitality in his impeccable (American) English.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank urban_polyamory
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am so glad that you had a good service @ guzel izmir hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Convieniently located right next to Basmane train station, walking distance to coastline, clocktower, and bazaar... Rooms are clean and of the standard you would expect for the price. Shower was noticably cooler in morning than evening but still adequate. Staff are polite and proffessional, a couple of which speak English well. The only major problem was the noise; could hear everything in the hallway outside and the waterpipe sounds from the neighbouring rooms (even with earplugs). Not great if you are a light sleeper...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank r0bjam
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Taking the time to write your feedback of your stay means so much to us. We are pleased you were able to find our rooms up to your cleaning standards. Our hotel is a budget hotel located in the city center of Izmir. Your satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for choosing Guzel Izmir Hotel as your stay while visiting our beautiful city Izmir. Hope to host you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Owner & Operator
London
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here in July last year.

The room was small but comfortable (albeit a bit noisy, given that I was right next to the first floor landing on the stairs), with a good bed and bathroom, and everything was clean. The breakfast was quite reasonable -- more than I expected, which was a nice surprise. That said, I was there fairly early: some later arrivals found there wasn't much free space in the breakfast area, and had to wait while the buffet was resupplied.

So all up, the hotel was decent, hence I'm giving it decent points in most categories.

But, in the last few months, I've been receiving regular promotional emails from the hotel (in Turkish, with no unsubscribe link). I never gave them permission to email me their marketing materials, and I don't even recall writing down my email address for them, so I suspect they've taken it from the online booking site that I used.

Personally, that's enough to convince me not stay here again if I'm ever back in Izmir: you don't spam your customers. But if you do stay here, I suggest giving them a fake email address so you don't get all their promotional crap in your inbox (or, in my case, spam folder, since Gmail's spam filters have now learned that anything from them is unwanted spam).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am very sorry that my mailing bothered you this much. If you have read on the top of the page there is unsuscribe button as well as on the bottom of the page there is unsuscribe button. Plus my mailings are both in English and Turkish and they are not promotinal crap as you have mentioned. I email new years cards and xmas crads and fairs in the city. As well as spam if you want to mark it spam is written on the top of the message. Plus my mailing started on Jan 2013 and I send emails to my guests and pontential guests only twice a month. This is practiced by many hotels. We are sorry.

Travelers are raving about these Izmir hotels

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I think is a good hotel for the moments when you are in transit. Cheap comparing with other hotels, close to downtown and Konak... the promenade area in Izmir. Also close to bazar. I heared people complaining of the noises of traffic etc.... well Izmir is a big city and hotel is a budget one. So .. wear your earplugs if you cannt sleep easyly and enjoy:) Receptionist is a good english speaker and helpfull!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Radu A
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive remarks of your stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and it is guest's such as yourself that make to buisness a great one. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Orhan Yıldız
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights as a base to visit Ephesus. The staff, in particular the young man who speaks excellent English, were extremely helpful and arranged the excellent day tour for us, which included guided tour of Ephesus and demonstrations of ceramic making and carpet weaving, with no pressure to buy. Also a delicious traditional Turkish lunch. The staff also helped us with the timetable for the airport train, which costs 2.50TL. Our room (202) was VERY small, barely room for the cases and likewise the bathroom was very small. While the room's decor is outdated and it smelled of cigarette smoke for the first day, it was clean and adequate. The light was a bit dim, but the free wifi worked well. Breakfast was basic but adequate. We asked reception for a good place to eat and he recommended a place where we had soup and main course, with bread, water and apple tea for 30TL. As two women we felt safe walking in this neighborhood at night. This accommodation was very cheap, so for the price it was fine.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank jennyg1965
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Guzel Izmir Hotel for your stay. Your feedback is very important to us.
Our strongest focus is 100% guest stisfaction. We are a family owned budget hotel with English speaking Reception staff located in the city center close to all Izmir attractions, We look to host you again in the near future.

Best Regards,