“Stay Here”

Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Tacoma, Washington
“Stay Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

During the middle of November, 2013, after spending two nights in another Izmir hotel, I decided to upgrade my experience and visit the Renaissance Izmir for my last two nights in the city. It was a great choice.
This brand-new, modern facility extends quality and hospitality the moment you walk in the door. All of the lobby/desk staff are exceptionally polite, friendly and helpful. They will really go out of their way to help make your stay enjoyable.The general manager also introduced himself with courtesy and true interest in my comfort. The gym, spa, and pool are all spotless and comfortable. I decided to try a Turkish bath followed by a massage. Both were great.
Rooms are spacious with a large bath/shower area, decent-size flat screen tv, sofa, good bedding, and large closet.
Regarding food and dining, the restaurant and bar were excellent. The management and staff ensured that I experienced a wide array of delicious food and drink along with their pleasant and welcoming service.
When it was time to leave, I really wished I could have stayed a couple of days longer. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Izmir.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Green_Tacoma,

It is such a pleasure to read your feedback and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and make us very proud of our hotel and team.

I thank you so much for taking the time to write this review which we have shared with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Izmir.

Sincerely

George Assaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Monmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been travelling to Izmir for 10 years on business and stayed in all of the business hotels (apart from the Grand Efes, which is too expensive) and this new hotel is a welcome change.
The rooms are clean and new.
Normally I don't eat in the hotel as restaurants outside are usually better, but this one is great, with a chef who tales care even with the simplist Meze dish.
Well stocked fitness room and fitness pool are also just what you need.
and it has a stylish roof terrace where you can eat with a view.

Well gone.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Mechret,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is such a pleasure to read your letter and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Your review is very valuable to us and we have shared it with the entire team.

Again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Kind regards.

Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

A new hotel (September 2013), we stayed 3 nights in October, 2013. We rate this hotel a 4.5. The hotel is well situated within easy walking distance to the water front and other things to do in Izmir. The airport bus (hotel does not have one) stops right across the relatively quiet boulevard form the hotel, but its schedule is limited. Being new, the hotel is in excellent shape and the room very comfortable. The Concierge Lounge was actually a somewhat sectioned off part of the front lobby. Coffee and treats are served pretty much all day and the usual hors d'œuvre in the evening. Buffet breakfast was in the rooftop restaurant; the selection was good and special requests were accommodated. Everything was very well done with very attentive staff. A must stay for Marriott devotees

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear NJCan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and I am very glad to learn that you were satisfied with your stay. Your comments are very valuable to us and I will be delighted to share it with our team for improvement and encouragement.

My team and I thank you for choosing the Renaissance Izmir Hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future

Sincerely yours,

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a wonderful 5 days at this brand new hotel in Izmir. Walk to parks, shopping, Culture Park, bazaar (a little longer walk) and come back to a spotless, comfortable, quiet hotel. Staff could not possibly have been more friendly or helpful while delivering an extremely high level of service. Spa was gorgeous and we took too much advantage. Did not use fitness center. Wonderful restaurants nearby but we chose to eat breakfast here as they have a very nice buffet in a quiet space with international newspapers. Kudos to George and his staff, particularly the front desk and concierge people who were outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Littletonian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is such a pleasure to read your letter and I am so happy to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, your comments are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

When you're a visiting a city that's not your own, where you stay is just as important as why you're there. Being our first time in Izmir, my friend and I chose the Renaissance by virtue of it being open for just 5 weeks as of the timing of our stay. Not only were we able to take advantage of the spectacularly low rates for a hotel of this calibre, we also enjoyed all the comforts and perks.

The front reception team was amazing. Helpful, friendly and quick to respond to any ask or hint of an issue. They made it a point to remember us and always asked how our day or stay was, and if there was anything they could do for us.

Our room was great for the most part. I've never stayed in a more sound and light-proof room in my life. Not a peep from either outside or the hallway made it into our room. And we could sleep as long as we needed to without the intrusion of sunlight in the mornings. The beds were super cozy and the room was quite comfortable. We had wifi and loved that we could make coffee each morning. The only oddity we found was the design of the shower. Being a double room and staying there as friends and not a couple, it was a bit odd to have a window between the shower and the main room. If you're rooming with a co-worker...it's gonna be awkward (unless you're into your co-worker, in which case consider it a bonus).

Since food usually follows sleep, let's move on to the restaurant. The menu is moderate, but the food is amazing. The manager and staff are friendly and know how to deliver on a wonderful dining experience. The terrace deck is also a fantastic area to dine or unwind with a cocktail and snacks. Although we didn't take advantage of the breakfast buffet, every other guest raved about it.

Now for my personal favourite - the spa. We opted for massages. The therapist was very friendly and skilled. The jet pool was awesome and always 90 degrees. And you can't go wrong with a quick sauna or steam. Our only regret was not indulging in the traditional Turkish bath experience.

Lastly, it's equally important to note that the hotel's location is super awesome. Walking distance to the waterfront, market, shopping and a multitude of dining options. There's also a supermarket and convenience store just around the corner.

We enjoyed our stay and would definitely do it again should we find ourselves back in Izmir again some day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanyams
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Tanyams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review after your stay at the Renaissance Izmir Hote. It is such a pleasure to read your description of your experience and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Your review is very valuable to us and we have shared it with the entire team.

I hope next time you are in Izmir, you will have a chance to try our amazing Hamam treatment and we will definitely find a solution to provide you with a Jalousie for your shower window.

Again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Kind regards

Turnhout
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Renaissance hotel part of the Marriot group is located close to the Izmir seaside bay.
the hotel is new and has a charmfull interior design.
The rooms are spacely and excellently equipped and offers a big flat screen tv,aswell free WiFi.
the friendliness and service minded personnel is remarkably good.
The breakfast service on the 8th floor provides excellent choice of food,and a nice view over the town.
Outside service on the balcony is possible.
The construction of the hotel guarantee zero streetnoise in your room (third floor)
Price/quality standard is outstanding

Room Tip: believe every room is recommended,especially the free noise conditions
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Gerard H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay at the Renaissance Izmir Hotel.
We are very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your stay. We highly appreciate your nice comments about our hotel and service. Please note that your opinion is very important for us and your review is shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Renaissance Izmir Hotel and looking forward to welcoming you back at the near future.

Warm regards

Mountain View CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff here is really great. It is a new hotel and has a few growing pains, but the staff is determined to make things right. We checked in late at night and had a rough first night. The next morning the general manager asked us how we liked our stay so far and since I had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep I told him how uncomfortable I thought the bed was. Well he came up with a solution of putting the same bedding that was on top of the bed under the fitted sheet. It worked perfectly.

While this trip was a vacation, I normally travel for business. That said, because the club lounge is off the lobby I doubt I would stay there if I were traveling alone on business. There are outlets, but no desk type tables for your devices so all typing must be done on your lap. That and unlike when the club lounge is in an upstairs room that feels more safe for a female traveler are reasons why I wouldn't consider staying there if I was traveling for work.

BTW the breakfast Buffett is excellent.

Room Tip: Go for a club level room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GeorgeAssaf, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Sookiez,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad to learn that you were satisfied with your stay and I appreciate your detailed comments and feedback. I am happy to see that softening the bed up to your need worked successfuly and very sorry to hear that you were working unconfortable in the lobby lounge having the computer on your lap, I wish I have known this because we have higher tables just in the next section of the lobby. We started informing guests working on computers about this option.

I also would like to thank you for the nice comments about our staff and Breakfast Buffet, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Kind regards