“Disappointed”
Review of Kaya Prestige

Kaya Prestige
Ranked #73 of 100 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed June 5, 2011

As part of a group, we stayed at the Kaya Prestige in Izmir for 2 nights. The room was fine but the buffet breakfasts and dinners were poor. There was little to choose from and if you didn't get there as it opened the food was cold and they didn't seem to replenish the dishes. Getting the wait staff to take take drink orders was difficult and they never served an entire table. If part of the group got their attention they would be served but the remainder of the table was ignored. The desk staff was not helpful either as English was limited and they were unable to do money exchanges or the breaking of larger bills. The American flag that was hung outside the entrance was hung upside down but this was corrected when pointed out. Of the four hotels we stayed at I would reate this the poorest of the group

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tobyt13

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a tour with Gate 1. On a 14-day tour in May, it was the only hotel in Turkey that had the air conditioning turned on. The pleasant temperature of the room, combined with a quiet corner location, allowed me to get the best nights of sleep I had in Turkey. Unfortunately, the hotel was unable to give me a nonsmoking room which I had requested. The breakfast buffet is quite good as is the location.
Also, the city of Izmir was a very pleasant surprise. It is pretty, fun, and has great restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the busy street
  • Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank hanalei2014
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed at Kaya Prestige for two nights as part of a Gate1 13 day tour of Turkey. The hotel is in a great location, easy walk to the waterfront, stores, restaurants and cafes. The room was clean and comfortable for two people. The bed however was not so comfortable and of all the hotels I stayed at during this trip, I'd rate the bed at this one the lowest. Uncomfortable bed and incessant barking dog for two nights (dog not hotel's problem) = no sleep. Not a bad hotel for the tour, when I visit Izmir again (It was my favorite city we visited) I might go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DigsInNY
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Visited with a tour group and stayed two nights. My husband and I had a specious room. Two of us, with three single beds and 3 chairs. Free Wi-Fi. Connection was fairly good. Bathroom is typical of fair to moderate hotels in this part of the world. However, the food (a buffet) was very bland, boring, and just about unpalatable.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Would easily rate this as one of the worst hotels i have stayed at world-wide. in one word miserable. So dirty I was cautious to touch anything. They provide free internet which is slow and barely works. Tried to have a shower the tub was blocked and not to mention the hairs that were already in it. Everything was so filthy i had an urge to check under the bed for bugs fortunately none, none that i could see at least. There are immobile unremovable bar type shutters on the window I cant understand why this is necessary very dark and jail like. The real nightmare was the huge blood stain that was seeable through my sheets. I was nearly going to vomit. Most importantly no lock on the door!

I unfortunately had to stay here due to a business trip but if I had gone on my own will I would have packed and left the hotel that night. Very intolerable unless you are used to hostel standards and I have stayed at much nicer cleaner hostels to be honest so that isnt fair either.

Just save yourself the hassle DO NOT go. Much nicer places to go in Izmir.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JuliaJackman
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We were alloted a tiny cubicle rather than a normal hotel room. There was no space even to put the two luggages that we had. There is hardly space even to move around, which reminds me of hotel rooms in Venice. The hot water tap wasnt working properly and when you do take a shower the whole rooms fogged out. Upon preparing to sleep we discovered that the airconditioning was set too high and centrally controlled and could not be adjusted when I brought the matter to their housekeeping. Finally we had to open the window wide open to cool the room and close it in the middle of the night. All in all an unpleasant stay at this hotel = watch out.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank tub45
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were on a tour of Turkey and stayed here for two nights. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the waterfront, bazaar and many local restaurants. Rooms were adequate, WiFi worked well and meals were good. The staff at the desk, especially Hasan Guler, were very pleasant and helpful in giving directions and suggestions about the area. The biggest problem we had was the very slow elevators which we not adequate to serve a hotel this size.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple