“Great location average service”
Review of Hotel Izmir Palas

Hotel Izmir Palas
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Zlin, Czech Republic
“Great location average service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great location near waterfront and nice Izmir Bay, so you can easily visit lot of nearby restaurants, cafes etc. The hotel is in a bit older style, but clean and very comfortable. The quality of service is average according to the higher prices. The breakfast was good, typical turkish, the hotel offres free wifi (sometimes with drop-outs in some floors due to the chaos in routers). I recommend this hotel for its great position and beautiful views.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
belgium
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Izmir palas hotel is on a great location right at the harbour of Izmir, with beautiful sea views & balkon "paid extra" Room is clean.Lot`s of restaurants and bars are nearby on the promenade. Ideal for business for one night. The breakfast is poor. Old hotel which need a renovation.
Staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: take the room with sea view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boston
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is located at a great location - Beautiful views - Close to nice restaurants - Luck of parking spaces within the hotel - The hotel needs urgently a major renovation - Rooms are clean - Price is a little high - It can be adjusted downwards to reflect the services provided.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is the second time we are staying in this hotel. It is located just near the seaside in Kordon. You can enjoy trying many pubs and restaurants lined up in Kordonboyu. The breakfast is typical Turkish but alright. Although one of the old hotels in town, the rooms are clean, large enough and the prices are okay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Feldkirchen, Deutschland
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is located right at the harbour of Izmir with a very nice sea view. Lot`s of restaurants and bars are nearby. My room was clean, the service good. The parking service took care of my car, so after a challenging drive through Izmir that was relaxing.
Breakfast was typical Turkish, but not so opulent.

Over all a good place to stay at a not too high rate.

Room Tip: Take a room with sea view, this is definitely worth a little extra charge!! If you go there by car...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We've been staying at this hotel twice a year since 2004 mainly because of its location and very relaxing panoramic views from its front rooms.
In September 2011 when I made a reservation I made it quite clear (as always) that I don't use elevators (lifts), therefore I wanted to stay on the 2nd floor and use the stairs. I was told a room on the 2nd floor had been reserved for me, as usual.
When we arrived from the airport at 23.00 hrs (we'd flown from London) we were told by the receptionist that, on this occasion, I had to use the lift because a small floor surface on the first floor had recently been polished and therefore could not be stepped on until next morning. This receptionist and the other hotel staff knew about my reasons for not using the lift (I suffer from claustrophobia), but they still did not care and appeared indifferent to our distress. Instead, they were looking at each other smiling at our desperate situation. I offered to use the fire staircase. We were told that it could not be used and it was locked off - which we found astonishing given that this was a busy eight storey hotel. I suggested to wait a couple of hours until the floor dries. They declined my suggestion. We left our suitcases in the lobby and went to look for another hotel nearby, with a vacancy, but were unsuccessful. When we returned we were intending to sit in the lobby till morning. A different receptionist was at the reception. She told us that I can use the staircase, no problem. I was speechless and could not understand why any hotel staff would cause such distress to their guests, let alone to regular ones.
I am a frequent traveller and have stayed in many hotels all over the world - including different cities in Turkey - but have never had such an awful and unwelcoming experience as this. I would not recommend this hotel for any person with any form of special needs.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on first floor which can be noisy from the restaurants and bars below
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fugen

Travelers are raving about these Izmir hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stay in Izmir Palas for 3 night and was a blast, the staff is very thoughtful, the view from the Kordón beach is amazing and there´s a lot of restaurants and bars near to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business