“Nice, clean room for a good price”
Review of Hotel Baylan

Hotel Baylan
Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The rooms are newly renovated, comfortable, very spacious and clean. The location is good, within walking distance from the main streets, bazaar and seaside. Staff is also very helpful and nice. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlastairMallia

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good, as most interesting parts of the city are easily accessible on foot. For those who own a car, there is a good parking place in the hotel with security personnel, where you can be sure of your car's safety (they even washed the cars for free). Our room had a terrace with great view of the city. The room was perfectly cleaned, with new furnitures, comfortable bed and a well designed and new bathroom. Generally, every part of the hotel is new and well decorated, that makes you feel nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was the best hotel in our trip in Turkey. Very good price, clean and perfect big room( it very difficult find big room in centre in all Turkey)Stuff are perfect, very friendly, helpfuly, try always them best! Big THANK to Kasim, The best persone in resepsion!!! Very honest, kind and helply! Only rooms is not soundprotection and you can listen azan in early morning from mosque, Hotel have outdoor place with tables, where you can drink tea ot coffe, thre very relaxing atmosfere with water and light in evening.Sure, we came back again! It was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Torinka77
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I spent 2 nights here and will happily return. I had booked the hotel's transfer service from the airport as I was due to arrive late...all my email queries were answered promptly...on arrival day my flight was delayed by 3 hours...I managed to phone the hotel to let them know about 2 hours delay but not the third. I arrived at 2 in the morning, a bit nervous, but immediately spotted my name and was whisked away to the hotel. My room was huge with a large terrace and fantastic view over the city to the surrounding hills. I really liked the location, just off the main streets, close to market streets, easy walk to the lovely seafront promenade... Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Khasem on reception who gave me my Turkish lesson each morning. Breakfasts great too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Ninski07
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were passing through Izmir on the way to Eski Foca and stopped here overnight. My husband and I were traveling with our two young adult children and we chose Hotel Baylan because they were willing to accommodate four adults in one room. What a pleasant surprise! For a very reasonable price, we actually had two separate rooms, with a total of five twin beds, sharing one bathroom. It was very clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely nice. The bellman even brought us up a "present" - a plate of fruit for us. It is a very Turkish hotel, which is a good thing in my mind, because that's a primary reason to visit another country. In the evening we took a long walk to the sea, stopping to buy nuts and Turkish delight and then on to have dinner by the water. It is very near the underground station. Our only problem was getting there from the main train station, as we arrived during rush hour. I would totally recommend Hotel Baylan.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family room - two separate bedrooms sharing a bath.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank antoniaCalifornia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed one night and returned later for one more, the hotel was very nice, comfortable, the breakfast was enough, warm and delicious (at other hotels we had cold breakfast) I recommend this place, it's clean, good price, very good service, good location it is near a very commercial Area, Kemaralti Market is just blocks away, definitely I would come back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SameeraGuatemala
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great and modern rooms with loads of space. Izmir is a nice place to stop for one night but not enough to do for more than that really.

Breakfast rather ordinary and whilst location is good in that it's right next to the train station it is a good 20 minute walk to the harbour front.

• Stayed: September 2013