Hilton Izmir
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Izmir Alsancak(Izmir)(Great Value!)
$47
Hotels.com
$121
$81
Travelocity
SC Inn Boutique Hotel(Izmir)(Great Value!)
$45
$73
$54
Agoda.com
1,498 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetallest buildingtop floorturkeynice viewview of the baybit datedaegean seaan upgradeexcellent locationindoor poolfitness centersea frontrestaurants and barsbreakfast buffethotel staffwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The Hilton Izmir couldn't be better! Luxurious accommodations, friendly and informative staff, and magnificent vistas of the Bay of Izmir . The food is well-prepared and the breakfast offerings are plentiful .Our room had a magnificent view , was immaculately cleaned and was stocked with loads of toiletries! I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Special thanks to Hakan Guruscku, Guest Relations Manager, for being such an elegant host.

Room Tip: Room 2605 was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear lillygateau,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay, our services and that Hakan exceeded your expectations.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments as well as your loyalty.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great Hotel in Izmir. Super location. Very nice, tasty breakfast .
Good and well-educated staff. They speak in English and even in Russian.
Special thanks to Sanem and Hakan from Reception Desk for their help in all the questions during our stay.

Room Tip: High floor corner rooms with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gulnara A,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was delighted to learn that you were generally satisfied with our facilities, rooms and breakfast service.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our tour stayed at this hotel one night in May. Little did I know that it is the tallest building in the whole of Izmir so the view was gorgeous! The hotel is also within walking distance to the waterfront and a nice neighborhood so location wise it is great. The property itself seems to be a bit dated and in need of some renovation, but one advantage from this is that the rooms are quite sizable and comfortable with large windows that can be opened. The room are equipped with all the basic amenities (as expected from a Hilton) including a large bathroom and a nice powerful shower head which was all I really needed. As in many large international hotel chains, wifi is not complimentary but one tip is if you are a Gold Hilton Honors member you get to use it free, so be sure to bring your membership number and password with you. It so happened that I didn't bring mine and I had to pay for it but the cost is reasonable at only 19 Turkish Lira (around 6 Euros) for 24-hour usage. One side story related to this was that I was the first person to go down to the front desk to settle the bill but since the front staff didn't have enough cash to give the change back to me, I ended up paying slightly more, like 20 Lira. But it turned out that everyone else in my tour who went to pay after I did got the wifi fee waived, since the front desk was already out of cash for the change. Go figure! As a whole, I got a good night's rest at the hotel so I have no complains! In my opinion, the Hilton was actually the most comfortable hotel we got to stay at out of our entire journey in Turkey.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Princess M
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Princess M,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay

You may be interested to know that our renovation programme will begin within 2014 for our guest rooms and has already been completed for our Ballroom and Meeting Rooms last summer. We hope that the outcome will be in keeping with your expectations.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days on business was good location and the staff very pleasant,outstanding view from my room overlooking the bay was on 26th floor, Air con not so good in the room had to open window in room which was a bit noisy at night but not as noisy as the air con it's self had a banging noise all night thought at first it was the room above or next to me but was coming from the air con trunking so switch off and opened window!! The shower had very weak pressure took a while to get wet unusual for hotel may have been a blocked shower head, the staff in the exec lounge were very welcoming and polite again great views but a bit dated snacks and breakfast was adequate there and fantastic views as the Window of the Bay restaurant, nice polite staff but when I dined there they seemed to be a bit short staffed or busy waited 15 minutes before anyone can over after being seated food was ok but nothing to write home about the staff apologised and stated it had been like it all the day , The bar was a bit boring not much interaction with customers providing extra strong drinks though maybe to keep you quiet it seemed no one wanted to stand behind the bar just by the phone in case it rang but still nice and polite staff, overall good location in Izmir but the Swiss hotel looked more appealing but would guess not have the same views.

Room Tip: 26th floor over looking the bay had stunning views
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton in Izmir for a one night stay on our way back to Istanbul. Upon arrival we were greeted by an uninterested, unattentive receptionist who was very eager to check us in and get us out of his hair as soon as possible. We asked if he could check when our pick up to the airport would be and possibly our flight time and given a very rude and dry response that he could not tell us these things and it was not his job. He created further confusion for us by insisting that there was no record of us with the company which arranged our travel. Even after we had given up on getting any kind of help from this particular receptionist, he called our room to again tell us that the group had no record of us and there was no transport arrangement for us to the airport and when we asked if he could help us arrange it, he again refused. This is the absolute worst hospitality I have ever experienced at a hotel, anywhere. This hotel tries hard to fit some kind of American standard for hotels and fails miserably as any concierge service would have assisted with these things normally. As it turns out, he jumped the gun and all arrangements were in place, only the company took longer than expected to contact us with the information. This was only realized after we made numerous calls to Istanbul where the company is based and after paying the ridiculous cost for WiFi- expenses that could have been avoided had reception done their job and helped us in the first place without giving us incorrect and insufficient information! The fact that the reception was comfortable knowing their guests might be stranded in Izmir and did not offer help to clarify things was beyond disappointing and unprofessional.

At checkout we encountered another rude receptionist who tried to insist she could not accept our US dollars because of a tiny tear in the money. I would have understood if it were noticeable but we had to look twice to actually see it!

The hotel has a very busy and bustling lobby and a metal detector for guests at the entrance. It is located in an area with many other hotels and walking distance to the waters edge where locals and visitors alike take nightly strolls. very nice to unwind after a long day of travel. Lots of waterside cafes and restaurants that stay open later, adding to the young and lively atmosphere of this city. The hotel is not particularly close to the clock tower, or any other interrsting sites for that matter, so expect to take a good 30 min walk or more to visit that by foot.

Our room was a rather large suite with average furnishings and slight musty smell but absolutely stunning panoramic view of the water which was a comfort during the confusion which took place at the beginning of our stay. It was the only thing we enjoyed at this hotel aside from breakfast but even these things cannot make up for the poor treatment. Bathroom was updated and modern and we had no problems with water pressure or temperature which was a relief.

Dinner service began at 7 and they will give you call to let you know it has begun, especially if you are part of a group. The buffet area is located in a particularly small room and it can get crowded when groups are dining. The food was average and disappointingly, not particularly Turkish. The dining room host was extremely courteous and polite and welcoming and we appreciated his tips and friendly conversation very much. There is also a beautiful panoramic view in the dining room that you will enjoy. We watched the sunset from our table and it was very romantic and relaxing.

You won't have a hard time finding something to eat for breakfast. Located on a higher floor there is a terrace with a fantastic view of the water again. You have the choice of sitting indoors or outdoors depending on the weather. There is a station for custom omelettes and fresh waffles which everyone is sure to enjoy. Be patient as their is usually no more than two people manning it and they really do try their best to accommodate everyone's requests.

Staff and service make or break a hotel as they are usually your first and last impressions of it, the Hilton Izmir should really look into hiring more personable individuals for the reception and offer training in hospitality and helpfulness!

• Stayed: April 2014
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear TheMariasMA,

Thank you for staying with us recently while in Izmir as well as for taking the time and trouble to submit your review.

I am most concerned about the treatment which you say that you encountered at our reception and can only apologize on behalf of the entire team here for this uncharacteristic behaviour. Should you be able to provide me with a little more information, I would be most grateful for the opportunity to investigate the matter further. ( My direct email is olivier.vetter(at)hilton.com )

Thank you for your gracious remarks about the other aspects of your stay which make us all the more committed to finding out what did not go as it should have at our Reception.

Should you be returning to Izmir for any reason or already be a Hilton HHonors member, then please let me know so that I could make the appropriate gesture of our good faith to compensate you for your disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for your constructive and candid review.