“Strategic Location but need improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Izmir

Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Strategic Location but need improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

In overall I am satisfied with this hotel due to the strategic location close the restaurants also the beach for dining also nice receptionist but need improvement especially for the furniture, rooms also the sauna facility

Room Tip: Alll rooms with seaview will be nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear ini_budi,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was happy to learn that our services as well as our hotel location met with your needs and hope that all the other aspects of your visit were successful.

You may be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin within 2013 including our guest rooms and we hope that the outcome might be more in keeping with your expectations.

Thank you once again for your comments and recommendation of our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hilton Izmir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a bit aged but its location is convenient and if you have a sea view room at a higher floor, then you will enjoy the best scene in town.

Although clean, rooms are aged, a good renovation is needed. Breakfast was good but not above average considering Turkish nice food.

Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Blckeagle,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay, especially with our hotel location and breakfast.

You may also be pleased to learn that a renovation programme will begin within 2013 with our Ballroom and Meetings facilities, followed by our guestrooms. We expect that the outcome will be a fresh and exciting new look.

Thank you very much once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Goychay, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Everything said about the location is true. This hotel is excellently located.

I was very impressed with the staff, particularly those at reception as well as those at the one-touch guest service. Everyone was attentive and helpful. The food was excellent both in the restaurant and bar as well as room service. There are also great restaurants in the area and staff were very forthcoming in recommending the right one, making a reservation and even making sure that the restaurant took credit card. The views fro this hotel are spectacular. The hotel has a real charm to it.

However there were also some problems. First of all the WiFi; I don't mind paying but when I do pay I expect the WiFi to work easily and be of a strong connection. Neither was the case. You have to go through an irritating third party website and once you've done this the connection is too slow anyway. Another problem was that the air-conditioning does not work properly (this can be a nightmare in Izmir especially because it can get very hot and sticky.)

Two other ajor problems I had was that my driver was not there when I arrived at the airport even though I had a confirmation of airport transfer by e-mail weeks ago. I had to call the hotel 3 or 4 times before someone finally came. The other problem is that the room service staff did not speak english properly so I had to call reception (where they speak English perfectly) and ask them to call the room service to re-confirm that they understood my order.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but they still need to address the problems above.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View instead of City View
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for a work trip around Turkey in March 2013.

I arrived here and was given a room on the 21st Floor which gave me a fantastic view of all Izmir. My room was a very nice size - the biggest I've stayed in for a while - and was very well equipped. The shower was very powerful and nice and hot!

I had been warned that this hotel was a bit tired and in need of a refurb but compared to some hiltons I've stayed in, this was very nice. Yeah it might be a bit 90s but it has a very nice feel to it and the rooms are a good quality.

I had left my jacket in the hilton hotel in Istanbul and the staff here were amazing at locating my jacket and having it couriered to me in Izmir. I was only charged 6TL (£3) for overnight express courier. fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Briangreenwood,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was delighted to learn that you were so satisfied with your recent stay at Hilton Izmir and that our services as well as our guestroom size and amenities exceeded your expectations.

You may also be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin within 2013 with our Ballroom and Meetings rooms. We expect that the outcome will be a fresh and exciting new look.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton had an awesome location and good views. Also, the breakfast was amazing and the staff at breakfast was very helpful and kind. HOWEVER, that's as far as it goes.
Upon arrival, I was told I could call guest services and have my rental car picked up by the company and returned for me. I did call them but it never got done so I had to ask a second and third time before it was completed. It would have been less brain damage to return it myself.
The front desk did not give me a map or any other info about the city when I asked about the location of the bus terminal and seemed VERY bothered to even help me at all.
I got an attitude from staff, especially front desk staff, at nearly every turn and almost everything took two or three times of asking to get accomplished. If I had a complaint, I would be argued back with.
I have stayed at hotels in Gaziantep, Konya, Istanbul, Bodrum, Adana, Ankara receiving some of the best service. i was very unpleasantly surprised by the attitude I was served at the Hilton in Izmir.
The rooms are old, you can hear dogs barking and cars honking on the 23rd floor, the wall paper was peeling off and the bathroom drain was clogged.
It is a DECENT hotel but the service was so bad and I was so angry that there's not way I'd stay here again or recommend anyone to.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank 123MarinaC
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear 123MarinaC,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was pleased to learn that you found our location awesome, our views good and our breakfast amazing..

On the other hand, I was very sorry to hear that the service of our Reception team did not meet your expectations and that you were dissatisfied by their attitude. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable remarks so that we may use them as a part of our service improvement process.

You may be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin within 2013 including our guest rooms and we hope that the outcome may be more in keeping with your expectations.

Should you be returning to Izmir at any time in the future, I would appreciate if you could let me know so that I could take the time to meet with you as well as personally make all of the arrangements for your stay.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Amazing hotel located in the best part of Izmir city, overlooks beautiful sea. The hotel is .located in the best part of city walking distance to the beach front and to the local bazaar. Lots of great local restaurants near the hotel. The rooms are bit old but still very comfortable..nice lounge with fairly good selection of food and drinks.
I would highly recommend it to tourists and business people.

Room Tip: Upgrade and get the corner room has the most amazing views of the sea.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear RP07,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

You may be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin within 2014 including our guest rooms and we hope that the outcome might be more in keeping with your expectations.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel's location was great..the view of rooms are fantastic, with the unbelievable Izmir coast view..because of the hotels lication , you can easily reach shops, different attractions such as cafes, pubs and touristic locations..Breakfast is great, I strongly recommend the breakfast..The service was very kind..

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank ckorayo
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Ckorayo,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was delighted to learn that you were so satisfied with your stay, especially with
our facilities and services as well as our hotel location.

Thank you once again for your gracious review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.