“Hotel in Izmir Turkey”

Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Hurst Green, Lancashire
“Hotel in Izmir Turkey”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

compared to the other hotels I have visited this was a little disappointing. It was expensive for what it was because my room was good size and well appinted but the attention to detail was nothing compared to other hotels in Turkey that i have stayed in. I was fortunate enough to be in in an Executive room for a small price increase but the only benefit really was free wifi. I just felt in my two night stay that little was done to replenish the bathroom of soap etc that I had used, and the bed was hardly well made. Not being fussy but I have had and I expected a lot better.

That said the bar, restaurant and views on the top floor are excellent. Just a shame they let themselves down on the simple bedroom things.

Room Tip: Ask for an Exec upgrade with sea views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Chris G,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us and also for your constructive comments. We shall gladly use the opportunity which you have kindly provided to review and improve our services.

Should you be returning to Izmir, I would be grateful if you would consider staying with us again and appreciate the opportunity to personally make all of the arrangements for your stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Hilton Izmir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed November 16, 2012

had the best stay here ever. 1st time staying at the hilton izmir stayed in many others and this was just the best everything was good from check in to check out,,room , food ,spa all good.
will be back

Room Tip: high floors have great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank peterfrank
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Peterfrank,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.
I was also glad to learn that our hotel facilities and service met with your expectations.

Thank you once again for sharing your gracious comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After searching for a while, we decided on the Hilton. We got an ocean-view room on the 17th floor (versus city-view room), and it was worth the upgrade. A beautiful view of the harbor and the distant hills! The room is decent sized with typical Hilton amenities and very clean. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the water front promenade where the restaurants and bars are. We ate at a hotel recommended restaurant and it was excellent. The hotel has a club lounge with free drinks and snacks available to members. Wine, beer, hard liquor, hot snacks and sweets are available. Food and drinks are substantial enough that we skipped dinner one night after snacking. The breakfast on the 9th floor is excellent with a mix of western and Turkish food. We took a private day long tour to Ephesus and it was worth it. Our guide said the Hilton is the best hotel in Izmir.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Drssyoon,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was delighted to read your comments and to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pros:

- Early breakfast (6 AM) with pretty good spread
- Comfortable bed
- Executive Lounge on top floor with views of city

Cons:
- Wifi barely worked in our room, and plugging in the Ethernet was difficult/awkward. I had more reliable/faster wifi at small family run accommodations in Turkey, and I expect better from Hilton.
- Given that it is not advisable for foreign visitors to drink the tap water, bottled water should have been included complimentary in the room, as it was during my stays in the Swiss Hotel (next door) and the Intercontinental Hotel in Istanbul.
- The climate control was rather confusing/difficult to use, and I could have slept better if I understood how to use it better.
- Not particularly convenient to either bus station or airport (about 30 minutes from either), and no shuttle provided by hotel
- Even though our room was on one of the top floors, I thought the noise from the street was still noticeable. Perhaps facing a different direction would have helped?

While I still enjoyed some of the comforts of home (for free, since I used my Hilton points), I think there is room for improvement. In fact, I stayed at the Swiss Hotel next door as well and would give it a slight edge (if same price).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tSanDiego
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Tszabo,

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for your constructive comments which I have already shared with my team. We shall gladly use the opportunity which you have kindly provided to review and improve our services.

Should you be returning to Izmir in the nearest future, it would be my pleasure to meet with you as well as to personally make all of the arrangements for a memorable stay.

Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Hilton is perfectly located in Izmir, convenient to everything with great views. It is a standard Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton type hotel. It does everything it is supposed to do, but doesn't wow you with anything. Luckily for us, it didn't need to as it was meant to provide sleep space and breakfast during a trip to see family over a long weekend.

You can walk or take a short cab ride from this hotel to all of the things you'd want to do in Izmir. Staff were extremely attentive and very friendly - even during a peak occupancy period that tends to try people's nerves. The rooms, elevators, and common spaces were all quite clean and attractive. The dining areas for breakfast and the deck overlooking the water were spacious and well appointed. Food was good, but not great. It certainly met expectations.

Bathroom was clean, towels were plush.

The bed was the only thing that gives me serious pause. It was horrible. I can sleep in firm or soft. I'm not picky. But this was lumpy and uneven. Perhaps it was just a bad draw of a room, but just not comfortable. This alone causes the hotel to lose a star - the point of a hotel is a place to sleep, so you really need to get this right.

in short, we'd stay there again and hope for a better bed next time. It gets the job done and is quite nice minus the bed. There are no hotels on the water in Izmir and the Hilton is by far the tallest, which affords it the best views.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pharmanuke
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Pharmanuke,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Izmir. Your comments regarding our team members have been already shared with them.

I was also delighted that our services met with your needs and are very grateful for your kind remarks.

On the other hand, I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our bed. Thank you for taking the time and to share your valuable remarks. Our Executive Housekeeper will be happy to assist you for your future stays as we may present some alternative treatments as per your preferences.

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel last week for 2 days during a business trip. Arrived quiet late and the receptionist was very helpful in trying to sort us out as quickly as possible in order to go to our rooms. First night ordered room service. Even though the selection was good, the prices were a bit steep for Turkey. On the positive note, I ordered some baclava. That was as fresh as anything and to be honest quite amazing. The hotel is very close to the port and near some excellent restaurants. The room was very clean and everything was spot on. All the staff were very professional, cannot fault them at nything. The person who took my order for the room service was very proffesional and extremelly helpful.Check out was done very quickly. On a negative note though, even though I gave my Mileage plus number the first night, the miles had not been awarded as the numberb was not even registered in their system. Still not certain if both rooms were awarded the miles or not. Overall a more than satisfactory stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dimitris K,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us while in Izmir as well as for your kind review.

I was very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay, especially with the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. I will gladly share your positive remarks with them.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and the top floors offered stunning views of the port area of Izmir. It is within walking distance of many local cafes, restaurants, shops and the local bazaar. The hotel rooms were spacious and had all the modern conveniences; including free internet as a Hilton Honors member. The Executive Lounge had wonderful local and international foods for breakfast and hors-d'oeuvres. There are a few minuses however. While there is shopping nearby, the hotel itself has no gift shop for sundries. Security coming into the hotel is a farce, being no more than window dressing. The lunch buffet is extremely expensive (TL 40) and not that good. Just outside the hotel you can have a great lunch for around (TL 10).

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TODORI, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on this web site.

It is a great pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay in Hilton Izmir. I hereby would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel and rooms.

I would like to thank you for your constructive comments and have also passed them to our related departments.

Kind Regards