“Pasta Put Me to Sleep” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mezzaluna

Mezzaluna
Ranked #79 of 2,558 Restaurants in Izmir
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburg, TX
“Pasta Put Me to Sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

A friend took me to Mezzaluna. She has lived in Italy and said it was very authentic. When she received her pappardelle with pesto, she immediately remarked that the quality had decreased somewhat. I ordered pasta with shrimp and calamari. They delivered a huge plate of pasta that was dry and had only 3 pieces of shrimp and a lot of calamari. I usually don't leave food on my plate, but I became totally bored after eating half of it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Lake Mary, Florida
“Great Italian Find in Izmir, Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was book shopping at Konak Pier with friends and I came upon Mezzaluna. It was their décor and their display of Italian pottery that caught my eye first. It was lunch time so we decided to take a table outside near the water. Coming from Boston, MA I always enjoy an ocean view. They have courteous staff, good service, nice music and a pleasant ambiance. And the food, from the breadsticks to the last bite of the eggplant pizza was very delicious. They did not rush us so we enjoyed our extended lunch and had a great time.

York, United Kingdom
“Expensive and disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

To get to Mezzaluna you have to walk to the end of Konak Pier, go outside and round to the right. It's a very pleasant spot, right on the water with views of the Bay. We had a good bottle of Chianti. The staff were very pleasant, service fine.

We may have ordered the wrong things, but we were not impressed with the food. The Italian meats platter as a starter was poor quality, the same anaemic offerings I can buy (at vast expense) at local supermarkets. My husband's veal carpaccio was good, with generous slivers of parmesan. We had seafood linguine and seafood risotto as mains; the presentation was poor and the seafood hard to find, although the rice and pasta were well cooked. Quite a rip-off at the price. We'd definitely not return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank claranda
Hong Kong, China
“I think I may have wandered into the Godfather”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

On Konak Pier is Mezzaluna. When we went now wet evening we wandered into a scene from the godfather.There was a large group celebrating a wedding, a very good four piece band playing and the food was very Italiian.

Waiting staff were excellent the food - pasta, pizza, chicken was very good value and very good and the wine and beer very reasonable. This was a good welcoming restaurant and in the summer a perfect place to sit outside and watch the world go by.

Very fine